By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

Fusioncode said:
MoHasanie said:
starcraft said:
Thread title is pretty misleading at this point. There is no indication at all that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to other platforms.

No its not. Everyone knows Rise of the Tomb Raider is not exclusive. Phil didn't say that the franchise is exclusive for a duration of time, he said the game is exclusive for a duration of time. 

Especially since another Tomb Raider launching in December IS coming to the PS3. He's obviously not talking about the franchise here. 

Exactly. Its been confrimed from MS themselves that the game is not exclusive.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Sounds like someone has a serious case of reality denial here! "Oh, it's not officially announced for other platforms, so it's not coming, may as well be XBox exclusive!"

Yeah, right buddy. Keep thinking that until the discs land on store shelves....

This thread was pretty damn good! It's a shame I was banned during all this time!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

This thread was pretty damn good! It's a shame I was banned during all this time!

This news along with the news that PS4 crossed 10m units caused VGC to go down for a 20 minutes during the Sony conference. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
AZWification said:

This news along with the news that PS4 crossed 10m units caused VGC to go down for a 20 minutes during the Sony conference. 

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all by that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

There's been an update on Crystal Dynamic's tumblr:

UPDATE - August 16th, 2014

Thank you for all of the feedback and questions. There has been a lot of coverage about Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a new round of articles including Phil Spencer’s Kotaku article in which he mentions that our deal has a duration. We are focused on making the game as great as it can be. If you haven’t read that article yet, you can do so here.

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

If I were to guess, I would say the deal with MS means they can't talk about the other versions of the game until after it has released (or a set time after). They're trying to keep it as ambiguous as possible (to maintain the idea of exclusivity) but the negative PR has meant they've been forced to say more than they originally planned. They wanted it to appear exclusive but it's backfired as far as the rest of the fanbase is concerned. Ideally, they should have just been upfront from the start but even now they're covering themselves with PR speak in the hopes they confuse the issue.

no not just for halo. Time exclusive,dlc exclusive,better online(xbl has not gave out like psn)quantum break,project spark ,forza, fable,gears , sunset over drive,titanfall,dead rising3(console exclusive not but still not on playstation), killer instinct, quite the handful of interesting Indies now,better remote,external support for external hard drives. You can add disc drive problems which is easy to fix but I counter with blue light of death 💀. And the features are better on the x1.

is that suppose to be the vita and Wii u:)

y2jarmyofficial said:

no not just for halo. Time exclusive,dlc exclusive,better online(xbl has not gave out like psn)quantum break,project spark ,forza, fable,gears , sunset over drive,titanfall,dead rising3(console exclusive not but still not on playstation), killer instinct, quite the handful of interesting Indies now,better remote,external support for external hard drives. You can add disc drive problems which is easy to fix but I counter with blue light of death 💀. And the features are better on the x1.

I'm sorry, but you are misinformed.  XBL has gone down SEVERAL times over the past few months alone.  Their infrastructure is not more reliable than Sony's this time around...and the features, like cross game and party chat that were missing from the PS3 last gen are there with the PS4.  There is very little advantage, if ANY that XBL has over PSN.

As to the quality of the exclusives?  It's a matter of personal preference.  I for one, could not care LESS about Sunset Overhype.  Quantum Break LOOKS interesting, but I am NOT sold on the idea of a crossover TV/Video game...Defiance didn't work that great, if you remember!  Project Spark?  Will see your Spark and raise you LBP3.  (I guarantee you there will be more user generated content for LBP3 than Spark!).  Forza?  Driveclub.  Fable?  Not interested...the last few games were mediocre at best.  Gears?  Not interested, and no Gears title has even been announced!  You will play that game in 2016 at the earliest.  Titanfall?  COD.  Dead Rising? Don't care.  Killer Instinct?  Lame.  Quite the handful of indies?  PS4 has DOUBLE the game library of the XB1.  Don't care about the remote...and I can upgrade my INTERNAL hard drive, so that's kind of a wash there.

Again, this is my PERSONAL opinion....but judging by sales, I think that the XB1 exclusive lineup is incredibly weak and will not influence sales...Halo possibly excluded.