By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

starcraft said:

No they said they have a deal with a limited duration relating to the Tomb Raider franchise to my understanding.

Can you please send me the link indicating which other platforms they have now announced the title for and their release window? I apologise if I missed it!

You are picky.  I am on my phone. 
You are the first to be so picky.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:

Yep, while technically it hasn't been announced for any other platforms Spencer stated when asked if it was timed, "yeah, the deal has a duration."

"Has a duration" equals "timed" unless I'm missing something here.

I guess...depends how you define timed.

I took it to imply that the game would necessarily appear on another platform. If the OP just means the deal relating to the game has a sunset, that'd be different. But even then, that isn't clear, as Phil was discussing the franchise, and the thread title mentions this specific game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
chocoloco said:
starcraft said:
Thread title is pretty misleading at this point. There is no indication at all that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to other platforms.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but people in MS admited it is timed today. Sorry.
It was talked about all day.

No they said they have a deal with a limited duration relating to the Tomb Raider franchise to my understanding.

Can you please send me the link indicating which other platforms they have now announced the title for and their release window? I apologise if I missed it!

"Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends"

Josiah said:

"Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends"

That er...was neither a platform announcement or a release window.

But thanks

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Josiah said:

But thanks

Didn't he go on record saying that it is "not Microsoft's job to inform when the game will release on other platforms" it really doesn't get any more clear than that.  

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Josiah said:

But thanks

We don't have an exact time.  All we know is Holiday of 2015.  Which is a season.  Technically going multiplatform in February would fit the wording.  The fact that they won't announce the timeframe besides Holiday of 2015 suggest 3 months, which isn't helping.  If anything they should just come clean with the details.  A year or more would still be a big deal, and Microsoft should state that with pride if it is the case.  As far as what consoles and how many, that's up to Square Enix once the "duration" ends.  This is coming from the developer that wasn't happy with the previous games numbers which sold better on PS3/PS4 respectively.  That was back when the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One was closer.

starcraft said:
chocoloco said:
starcraft said:
Thread title is pretty misleading at this point. There is no indication at all that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to other platforms.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but people in MS admited it is timed today. Sorry.
It was talked about all day.

Completely untrue. There's another Tomb Raider game launching in a few months for Sony systems. If he was talking about the franchise as a whole then that would be Xbox exclusive as well. It's pretty clear he's talking about just the one game. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

starcraft said:
Josiah said:

But thanks

February 2016 on PS4 and PC, 99%.

starcraft said:

No its not. Everyone knows Rise of the Tomb Raider is not exclusive. Phil didn't say that the franchise is exclusive for a duration of time, he said the game is exclusive for a duration of time. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
starcraft said:

No its not. Everyone knows Rise of the Tomb Raider is not exclusive. Phil didn't say that the franchise is exclusive for a duration of time, he said the game is exclusive for a duration of time. 

Especially since another Tomb Raider launching in December IS coming to the PS3. He's obviously not talking about the franchise here. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!