By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 09 August 2014

QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:

Do you understand how much time and money AAA development takes nowadays?

So? As a consumer, why should I care? If you promise me a noticeable leap in performance and I don't get it, as a consumer, it's not my job to be understanding to your situation and settle for less. No. If you promise something, you deliver it. Right now, the PS4 isn't any more different than the PS3. Having a ton of PS3 ports masked as remakes is anti-consumer, and it harmful for the industry.

Total bullshit. You have absolutely no idea how the industry works so don't try and call something harmful that you quite simply don't understand. Remasters are anti-consumer? You gotta be kidding me. How dare these developers try to bridge the gap until their new games come out and at the same try and get some funding for those new games, why aren't they just made out of money? How dare they remaster a game that obviously had a lot of interest on the PS4, I mean it only sold 100k in 2 weeks in the UK, nobody really wanted this. I feel treated so horribly by all those games that I don't have to buy.

The promised noticable leap in performance is there and if you don't see it then that is your fault.

Around the Network

Honestly I'm far more offended by cross gen titles that don't look very good for gen8 titles than I am of well done gen8 ports of previous titles. Destiny is a gen7 game in 1080p, albeit with awesome art direction and competent design. Halo MCC will look better than Titanfall due to ground up xb1 engine design. So ports of gen7 > cross gen unoptimized stuff IMHO.

DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:

So? As a consumer, why should I care? If you promise me a noticeable leap in performance and I don't get it, as a consumer, it's not my job to be understanding to your situation and settle for less. No. If you promise something, you deliver it. Right now, the PS4 isn't any more different than the PS3. Having a ton of PS3 ports masked as remakes is anti-consumer, and it harmful for the industry.

1) Total bullshit. You have absolutely no idea how the industry works so don't try and call something harmful that you quite simply don't understand.

2) Remasters are anti-consumer? You gotta be kidding me. How dare these developers try to bridge the gap until their new games come out and at the same try and get some funding for those new games, why aren't they just made out of money?How dare they remaster a game that obviously had a lot of interest on the PS4, I mean it only sold 100k in 2 weeks in the UK, nobody really wanted this. I feel treated so horribly by all those games that I don't have to buy.

3) The promised noticable leap in performance is there and if you don't see it then that is your fault.

1) The conversation was never about how the industry works. The fact to the matter is, why should I care how it works? As a consumer, why should I show sympathy because a company couldn't afford to deliver a worthy product? Why?

2) Because giving consumers a doggy treat just so they can make money to produce a game that may or may not flop isn't very comforting. If I go into a restaurant with a bag of Skittles, the last thing I'm gonna want is the restaurant to serve me up a bigger bowl of Skittles as an appetizer. When you walk into a restaurant, its because you want to eat whatever that restaurant serves that sets them apart from other restaurants. 

3) You're obviously joking. My PC gives me better next-gen graphics than the PS4. I can play all my games at 1080p running at 60fps. I was promised this on the PS4 and the Xbone. Yet, I'm not getting this level of quality. Now, we're getting ports of last gen games and you're telling us to shut up and be happy. Yeah, no thanks.

Can you guys not derail this thread too? Same shit happened the last UK Charts thread with the same guy.

jlmurph2 said:
Can you guys not derail this thread too? Same shit happened the last UK Charts thread with the same guy.

He loves bold text too

Around the Network

Platform Breakdown for Top 40

PS4 6 Games
X1 5 Games
Wii U 1 Game
360 16 Games
PS3 8 Games
3DS 3 Games
DS 1 Game

Yeah that guy really can't be argue with if you're expecting to be able to change his opinion.

This will get interesting once Destiny launches. I expect many re-entries for next-gen consoles.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

QuintonMcLeod said:
DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Any one of those "weekly" games showing you what the PS4 is capable of in regards to raw horse power?

1. Can we stop with the bold writing it's bloody annoying.

2. If the TLOU:R wasn't a thing, we wouldn't be getting anything else to replace it's absence and in fact we would just have one less PS4 game to play.

3. Do you even have a PS3/4 ?

If yes, you can vote with your wallet and CHOOSE not to buy it. Why is Sony giving people a choice to (re)purchase this game a bad thing? 

If no then why are you even complaining?

TheFallen said:

2. If the TLOU:R wasn't a thing, we wouldn't be getting anything else to replace it's absence and in fact we would just have one less PS4 game to play.

If yes, you can vote with your wallet and CHOOSE not to buy it. Why is Sony giving people a choice to (re)purchase this game a bad thing? 

That isn't necessarily true. It's the whole reason why Sony is focusing on Indie titles. There are other games you can play. I'm just saying the hype around TLoU is convincing other companies to follow suit - which they have already done so.

QuintonMcLeod said:
TheFallen said:

That isn't necessarily true. It's the whole reason why Sony is focusing on Indie titles. There are other games you can play. I'm just saying the hype around TLoU is convincing other companies to follow suit - which they have already done so.

Yeah, that's great, and we all really get it (we really do).  But, it's also not part of the thread, and you've already been asked to stop derailing.  So, please, again, start your own thread if you want to hash out the merits of remakes.