By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 09 August 2014

-55% is a really good 2nd week for TLOU.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
-55% is a really good 2nd week for TLOU.

Yeah I agree, amazing numbers.

Sony showing how to get things done, good job on having twice on your console the game of the generation

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

So much for TLoU: R being frontloaded due to all the fans buying it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Fusioncode said:
Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well it'll be the continuation of the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One + COD AW boost. I'm not sure how much more MCC will add on to that. 

Yes, it will be a powerful 1-2-3 punch, a week off then Black Friday. November sales should be massive.

Which is why I laugh when people tell me the XBO will pull a WiiU this holiday. 3rd party games alone will ensure the system has great sales. 

WiiU did great last holiday for the baseline it had all year long. Selling almost 2million units when you were selling almost nothing all year long is not that horrible. Obviously XBO is going to have a better holiday then wiiU had last year because it never sold worse then what wiiU was selling last year anyway...

I do expect both systems to do very similar holiday numbers this year though.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

I cant wait to see how well the eventual sequel does. So much great word of mouth for the title and Naughty Dog in general over the last 5 years or so.

Carl2291 said:
I cant wait to see how well the eventual sequel does. So much great word of mouth for the title and Naughty Dog in general over the last 5 years or so.

Yes, but I really hope they won't milk the same central story too much.

Such as doing a prequel (with Joel and Tess for instance, we already know enough of their story IMO). Or even narrating characters's side of TLOU like if they do some Marlene parallel story of TLOU.

If they keep the same characters (or some of them), fine, but I only hope they do a real sequel with an original different story than TLOU1. 

In short I don't want another "Left behind" DLC as a TLOU2 game, Left behind is a perfect DLC, but only because it's a companion DLC of the main game.

jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well it'll be the continuation of the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One + COD AW boost. I'm not sure how much more MCC will add on to that. 

Well if the system is boosted because of other reasons before it if halo sustain boost longer than normal 2-4 weeks then it's wonderfull.

Yeah exactly, I just dont know which will happen between a bigger boost or a longer sustain.

Anyway it will be big.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DerNebel said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Any one of those "weekly" games showing you what the PS4 is capable of in regards to raw horse power?

Do you understand how much time and money AAA development takes nowadays?

So? As a consumer, why should I care? If you promise me a noticeable leap in performance and I don't get it, as a consumer, it's not my job to be understanding to your situation and settle for less. No. If you promise something, you deliver it. Right now, the PS4 isn't any more different than the PS3. Having a ton of PS3 ports masked as remakes is anti-consumer, and it harmful for the industry.

Good hold for a game that shouldn't exist. :P