By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 09 August 2014

QuintonMcLeod said:
bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Why celebrate TLoU:RE being number 1? Because of this, other developers are starting to release a ton of other "remasters", remakes and re-releases. You already have several people calling this generation, "the generation of remakes".

I'de rather take that over the kind of game you're rooting for.

Which game am I rooting for?

You tell me.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Why celebrate TLoU:RE being number 1? Because of this, other developers are starting to release a ton of other "remasters", remakes and re-releases. You already have several people calling this generation, "the generation of remakes".

I'de rather take that over the kind of game you're rooting for.

Which game am I rooting for?

You tell me.

I'm not rooting for any game. All I'm saying is that when companies see that consumers are willing to buy demos and even remakes of year old games, they feel to do the same thing. Now, we're getting a ton of them. I always assumed this generation was suppose to show a huge leap from the previous, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well it'll be the continuation of the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One + COD AW boost. I'm not sure how much more MCC will add on to that. 

Yes, it will be a powerful 1-2-3 punch, a week off then Black Friday. November sales should be massive.

Which is why I laugh when people tell me the XBO will pull a WiiU this holiday. 3rd party games alone will ensure the system has great sales. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

QuintonMcLeod said:

I'm not rooting for any game. All I'm saying is that when companies see that consumers are willing to buy demos and even remakes of year old games, they feel to do the same thing. Now, we're getting a ton of them. I always assumed this generation was suppose to show a huge leap from the previous, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

That's your overdramatized opinion. I don't see a problem with remasters and remakes people like to buy. I'll buy as much as i want and ignore those i don't like. There are still enough developers doing new games as well, the industry is so big these days you have games coming out every week.

bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

That's your overdramatized opinion. I don't see a problem with remasters and remakes people like to buy. I'll buy as much as i want and ignore those i don't like. There are still enough developers doing new games as well, the industry is so big these days you have games coming out every week.

Any one of those "weekly" games showing you what the PS4 is capable of in regards to raw horse power?

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:

Jesus fucking christ, how people still refuse to understand why these remakes pop up in such big numbers this year and why this is in no way an indication of more or less remakes being made than last gen, not that that would even be a problem since nobody is forced to buy them, boggles my mind.

QuintonMcLeod said:

Any one of those "weekly" games showing you what the PS4 is capable of in regards to raw horse power?

Do you understand how much time and money AAA development takes nowadays?

QuintonMcLeod said:
bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Every game needs to be a AAA powerhouse now? I thought you liked Nintendo games! Infamous, Killzone and Watchdogs have done that so far. Other games like TLOUR and something like Abe's Oddysey are entertaining enough.

QuintonMcLeod said:

Why celebrate TLoU:RE being number 1?

Because it's awesome and deserves to sell +100M copies.

From GAF

TLoU:R UK performance

week 1: 68'408 - 69'665
week 2: 30'783 - 31'349 (-55%)

LTD: 99'191 - 101'014

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287