By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 09 August 2014

Welfare said:

From GAF

TLoU:R UK performance

week 1: 68'408 - 69'665
week 2: 30'783 - 31'349 (-55%)

LTD: 99'191 - 101'014

Sweet so the chances are that its passed 100k already. Noice!

Around the Network

100k copies for one of the most flamed Remasters of all time, UK only, looks very good to me

And tbh, I think many ppl skipped many great games because of two reason: a) only had a Wii console, skipping really great game the whole 7th gen (Mass Effect comes to mind, in need of a RE as well asap) & b) came late to 7th gen and/or skipped PS exclusives (or XB exclusives if that's the case) and are very excited to play a optimized version of these games.

So with remasters = everybody wins. And producers ARE making new games, but Ports are very important too when last gen had a lot of good games that could have sold so much more, but thanks to lack of 3rd party support and/or disinterest for the other platform, people may had skipped many gems.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Welfare said:

From GAF

TLoU:R UK performance

week 1: 68'408 - 69'665
week 2: 30'783 - 31'349 (-55%)

LTD: 99'191 - 101'014

infamous: ss

week1: 69,666

week2: 22,989 (-67%)

week3: 10,345 (-55%)

tlofu: r 2 week sales = infamous: ss 3 week sales

Also TLOU:R is still number one on the amazon UK bestseller list, could something crazy happen and this remaster actually outsell Mario Kart 8 (currently nr. 115 on the bestseller list) in the UK??

One thing is for sure, the UK is loving this game.

DerNebel said:

Also TLOU:R is still number one on the amazon UK bestseller list, could something crazy happen and this remaster actually outsell Mario Kart 8 (currently nr. 115 on the bestseller list) in the UK??

Oh god, the meltdowns if MK was outsold by TLOU:R! It would be insane.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
DerNebel said:

Wait a couple of weeks.

Teeqoz said:
DerNebel said:

In the UK? I can definitely see that happening!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:
jlmurph2 said:

Oh you're right, I forgot to subtract that 37k.

But yeah, for a summer remaster it's sales make me excited for Halo: Master Chief Collection numbers. Especially since it won't get its sales cut off the next week by COD this time around like Halo 4 did.

Halo MCC is going to sell gangbusters, probably more than TLOUR since Halo was more popular than TLOU last gen and there is incredible value for fans with 4 games in the collection and releasing in holiday.

The only question is how much it will boost HW. TLOUR boosted 60k (by vgc numbers so probably 80k in reality) on 1st week and probably will have a total effect of 200k by itself and a nice library adition effect. How much do you expect Halo MCC to boost X1?

Well it'll be the continuation of the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One + COD AW boost. I'm not sure how much more MCC will add on to that. 

Well if the system is boosted because of other reasons before it if halo sustain boost longer than normal 2-4 weeks then it's wonderfull.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Halo MCC is going to sell gangbusters, probably more than TLOUR since Halo was more popular than TLOU last gen and there is incredible value for fans with 4 games in the collection and releasing in holiday.

The only question is how much it will boost HW. TLOUR boosted 60k (by vgc numbers so probably 80k in reality) on 1st week and probably will have a total effect of 200k by itself and a nice library adition effect. How much do you expect Halo MCC to boost X1?

Well it'll be the continuation of the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One + COD AW boost. I'm not sure how much more MCC will add on to that. 

Well if the system is boosted because of other reasons before it if halo sustain boost longer than normal 2-4 weeks then it's wonderfull.

Yeah exactly, I just dont know which will happen between a bigger boost or a longer sustain.

Sony rockin it in the Uk. Nice Last of Us sales! PS4 is getting close to 1 million in the UK.