By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 09 August 2014

BrainAmoeba said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ninsect said:

TheFallen: "2. If the TLOU:R wasn't a thing, we wouldn't be getting anything else to replace it's absence and in fact we would just have one less PS4 game to play."

You: That isn't necessarily true. It's the whole reason why Sony is focusing on Indie titles.

Me: "TLoU:R is the whole reason Sony is focusing on indies."

You made your joke run on too long. You know he's talking about the absence of 8th gen games is why Sony is focusing on indies but your joke didn't hit. Just leave it alone.

The only joke are people like yuo trying to say Sony is focusiong on indies due to a lack of AAA games...There  are just as many on ps4 as any system 8 mionths in. Sony shows indies for about 5 mins at there conference so does MS...is MS focusing on indies too? The peope, making these games do not have any effect on sony's AAA games which take longer prriod. They have nothing to do with one another. It is just another sad attempt for owners of another console to try and dig up anything against PS4 because PS4 is dominating.

Sony's first party is not being efected by indie devs putting there gams on ps4......

In terms of filling absence gaps, yes, Sony and MS are focusing on indies.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
TheFallen said:

1. Can we stop with the bold writing it's bloody annoying.

2. If the TLOU:R wasn't a thing, we wouldn't be getting anything else to replace it's absence and in fact we would just have one less PS4 game to play.

3. Do you even have a PS3/4 ?

If yes, you can vote with your wallet and CHOOSE not to buy it. Why is Sony giving people a choice to (re)purchase this game a bad thing? 

If no then why are you even complaining?

That isn't necessarily true. It's the whole reason why Sony is focusing on Indie titles. There are other games you can play. I'm just saying the hype around TLoU is convincing other companies to follow suit - which they have already done so.

How do indies putting there games on sp4 have any effect on AAA games?? AAA games take way longer to make, if these indies were not there the AAA games would NOT come any faster...The people making AAA games are not the same people making indie games. Sony's studios didn;t go anywherre and are not getting paid to watch paint dry..Your arguemnts are all voer the place, flimsy and make no sense. Sounds like you are salty because PS4 is kicking your fave consoles arse.

jlmurph2 said:
BrainAmoeba said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ninsect said:

TheFallen: "2. If the TLOU:R wasn't a thing, we wouldn't be getting anything else to replace it's absence and in fact we would just have one less PS4 game to play."

You: That isn't necessarily true. It's the whole reason why Sony is focusing on Indie titles.

You made your joke run on too long. You know he's talking about the absence of 8th gen games is why Sony is focusing on indies but your joke didn't hit. Just leave it alone.

The only joke are people like yuo trying to say Sony is focusiong on indies due to a lack of AAA games...There  are just as many on ps4 as any system 8 mionths in. Sony shows indies for about 5 mins at there conference so does MS...is MS focusing on indies too? The peope, making these games do not have any effect on sony's AAA games which take longer prriod. They have nothing to do with one another. It is just another sad attempt for owners of another console to try and dig up anything against PS4 because PS4 is dominating.

Sony's first party is not being efected by indie devs putting there gams on ps4......

So??? There would not be more AAA games if these indies did not exist....Dumb argument. 5 misna t a conference is not fiocusing on indies either, more games = good. Leave it to gamers to complain more games are coming......They won't change the pace at which AAA games come, if anything less indies = more rushed broken AAA games.

BrainAmoeba said:
jlmurph2 said:
BrainAmoeba said:

So??? There would not be more AAA games if these indies did not exist....Dumb argument.

You are arguing FlamingWeazel. I was simply saying what the guy meant when he said "It's the whole reason Sony is focusing on indie titles" when you got defensive and decided to make an account to reply to me.

jlmurph2 said:
BrainAmoeba said:
jlmurph2 said:
BrainAmoeba said:

So??? There would not be more AAA games if these indies did not exist....Dumb argument.

You are arguing FlamingWeazel. I was simply saying what the guy meant when he said "It's the whole reason Sony is focusing on indie titles" when you got defensive and decided to make an account to reply to me.

Thats clearly not what he meant, look at the guys post history, he has it out for Sony and anythign related to it.

Around the Network
BrainAmoeba said:
jlmurph2 said:

Thats clearly not what he meant, look at the guys post history, he has it out for Sony and anythign related to it.

So tell me what he meant.

Ninsect said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Ninsect said:

Uhm, that is what you said

That isn't what I said at all.

You're confused.

Sony is focusing on indies because there are fewer 3rd party developers creating games. The cost of development is getting higher. TLoU:RE amplifies this fact. Shuhei Yoshida said this himself:

"“We’ve been saying that the number of AAAs might be getting smaller because the cost of development for AAAs is getting higher,” he said. “But there are so many indie games and great games coming out almost every week or every other week. We’re seeing it on PS4. I hope you’re seeing it as well.”"

Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/missing-ps4-features-still-coming-sony-says/

QuintonMcLeod said:
Ninsect said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

You're confused.

Sony is focusing on indies because there are fewer 3rd party developers creating games. The cost of development is getting higher. TLoU:RE amplifies this fact. Shuhei Yoshida said this himself:

"“We’ve been saying that the number of AAAs might be getting smaller because the cost of development for AAAs is getting higher,” he said. “But there are so many indie games and great games coming out almost every week or every other week. We’re seeing it on PS4. I hope you’re seeing it as well.”"

Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/missing-ps4-features-still-coming-sony-says/

He also said that just 2 out of 10 games (indies) make money and pay for 6 that don't cover their own cost, and other 2 just sell enough to cover themselves... so there is no correlation in since fewer AAA we will focus on indie, they focus on diversity... AAA, Indie and several tiers in between.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Ninsect said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

You're confused.

He also said that just 2 out of 10 games (indies) make money and pay for 6 that don't cover their own cost, and other 2 just sell enough to cover themselves... so there is no correlation in since fewer AAA we will focus on indie, they focus on diversity... AAA, Indie and several tiers in between.

No. I'm not even sure how you translated something so cut-and-dry into something like that.

QuintonMcLeod said:
DonFerrari said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

b]

You're confused.

Sony is focusing on indies because there are fewer 3rd party developers creating games., he cost of development is getting higher. TLoU:RE amplifies this fact. Shuhei Yoshida said this himself:

No. I'm not even sure how you translated something so cut-and-dry into something like that.

Maybe because I saw the other interview around the same time?

And he didn't said expect less AAA from Sony, just from the industry in general. And having less AAA but more A and AA is good as well, even more if they have cheaper MSRP as they have smaller budgets.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."