By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are You Satisified With Current Gen Graphics?

Are You Satisified With Current Gen Graphics

Yes 110 49.77%

No 78 35.29%

See Results 33 14.93%

Total:221
VanceIX said:

That's the point I'm trying to make though. Most games on Xbox were just PS2 ports. Very few took real advantage of the power. I agree though, there were games on both GC and Xbox that looked like they were in gen 6.5, not 6 (Halo, Morrowind, Metroid Prime, Ninja Gaiden, etc).

It's just that those games were relatively few.

I'd say its more than few. Lets not forget the Unreal Tournament games on Xbox.

Ultimately, people with Xbox and Gamecube were already experiencing visuals beyond the PS2 capabilities. That made our first impressions of PS360 less impressive.

It wasn't until a few years I genuinely became impressed by the capabilities of PS360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I really don't pay attention to graphics, honestly. So evidently these new gen graphics look the same as last gens to me.

I'm very satisfied. The water physics and weather effects in Black Flag really blew me away. Not to mention the neon and particle effects in Second Son.

PS4 feels like PS3.5 Beta to me graphically. I want to see the next NFS. I wanted NFS Rivals to look better. I hope there's a NFSR2. Can't wait to see what can be done with GT7 also. Hopefully they can wow me, if not oh well it's the best and only game in town.

I was satisfied with last gen graphics, so I really don't give a **** how far they go from here.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Ask me this in 3 - 4 years when graphics has peaked on consoles and I'll tell you then.

I only have one game that would fit into that category: Infamous, and I am very happy with those graphics.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So far, it has been good. We will probably not see a jump of the likes of Gen 6 to 7, when HD made its proper debut.

For the most part, character models have been really good. Not something I care to much for though.

4 ≈ One

BraLoD said:
Not until I see Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2 making my eyes bleed from greatness.

The Order looks pretty good too. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54