By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Xbox gamers are now saying

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Slade6alpha said:
To me it translates as "it's not coming to PS4."
So MS exclusive= not coming to PS4.
As of now, DR3 and Ryse are not coming to PS4.

Windows = Reason Not to Buy an Xbox One

People said the same thing about the 360. Yet people bought the 360.

Also, it seems you've ignored all the games that have yet to be ported to Windows. People are still hoping for the Gears and Halo series for PC.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

Sales figures = 83 million Xbox 360's.

I don't know, seems to have worked out ok?

Yes... Because it was cheaper and came out an entire year before. How is the X1 doing now when it has none of that?

Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Slade6alpha said:
To me it translates as "it's not coming to PS4."
So MS exclusive= not coming to PS4.
As of now, DR3 and Ryse are not coming to PS4.

Also, it seems you've ignored all the games that have yet to be ported to Windows. People are still hoping for the Gears and Halo series for PC.

Exactly, Its only Halo and Gears that are reasons to buy a 360, if you have a PC with sub decent specs.

Once its on PC, its not a reason to buy a One anymore, unless you can't afford a decent enough PC.

The 360 could spare a couple of exclusives, but clearly the One needs all the help exclusives it can get.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Microsoft should invest first party exclusives to show the systems power and the value of the brand. What Crytek, Capcom and EA are doing are basically saying hey here's the 720p/900p copy on your Xbox One, here's the game in 4K on PC. Which makes you question your purchase in the first place when you can be rewarded for waiting for the superior PC version.Those fancy 8th gen machines were purchased for Exclusives, PC does everything else better why would I ever buy a PS4 if I could play Uncharted 4 in 4K on PC. Furthermore Nintendo fans love Nintendo for their Amazing Exclusives made by them experiences that cant found anywhere else and that's what matters.

Around the Network

A lot of Sony forums say they dont like PCs because even though you get the best graphics and preformance cause you get compatibility issues and you have to upgrade the video card every 3 months and they are so compicated. So to them its exclusive.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

VanceIX said:
shikamaru317 said:
VanceIX said:
Not really Windows exclusive when SteamOS can play all of them, no Windows required.

And it's been a LONG time since Microsoft gave a rat's ass about PC gamers. Not since Gears 1 and Halo 2 were released.

SteamOS can only play games that come to Linux as of now, since it's a Linux based OS. Was a Linux version of Ryse announced today? I'm honestly not sure if there was. 

True. But a lot more devs are making Linux versions available right away, and I expect that trend to continue.

Hey, competition is great. I think SteamOS will encourage better video game support from MS on the PC.

However, it doesn't make much sense to switch to SteamOS simply because many games won't be ported to SteamOS. Furthermore, Windows gives me access to virtually anything on SteamOS.

If Valve decides to make games exclusively for SteamOS, well that would just piss off many Steam users.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mystro-Sama said:
starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

Sales figures = 83 million Xbox 360's.

I don't know, seems to have worked out ok?

Yes... Because it was cheaper and came out an entire year before. How is the X1 doing now when it has none of that?

You clearly don't remember the Xbox 360's year post launch

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Gears 1, Halo 1/2 are already on PC. I doubt we'll see too many of their sequels come over, but that would be the reason why PC gamers expect them. 

Well they can expect them, but how many years has it been?

People seem to have the impression every noteworthy Xbox game is on PC. That's far from reality.

Recently Completed

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Exactly, Its only Halo and Gears that are reasons to buy a 360, if you have a PC with sub decent specs.

Once its on PC, its not a reason to buy a One anymore, unless you can't afford a decent enough PC.

The 360 could spare a couple of exclusives, but clearly the One needs all the help exclusives it can get.

Halo and Gears are some of the best reasons to buy a 360, not the only reasons. Tales of Vesparia and Shadow Complex are other great reasons to own a 360! I can name others, but you get the point.

The 360 could spare exclusives because its basically at its end.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the primary reason people buy consoles isn't exclusives. Atleast not on Playstation and Xbox.

Recently Completed