By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Xbox gamers are now saying

Anyway, on the original topic, it is a bit of an odd move to make. o.O I do agree that Microsoft doesn't see PC as competition, and I also agree that their core franchises, ala Halo, Gears and Forza won't be making the jump anytime soon, if ever. But, speaking personally... those three franchises don't really draw my interest, and the fact that even Ryse is heading to PC has me wondering about both Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, which thus far are the only two 'Not Going To PC Yet At Least' games I'm interested in. They're made by third party studios, I know for certain that Sunset Overdrive's IP is owned by Insomniac, and Remedy's last Xbox exclusive game, Alan Wake, went PC eventually.

To be specific, I intend to upgrade my PC at some point, and while previously my planned order of investment was PS4-Wii U-Xbox One-PC, over the course of a few years probably, now I'm starting to think I might bump down the X1 to the bottom of the pile and make PC my third option. It really seems the wiser choice, as the longer it takes me to go from getting a PC to getting an X1, the more likely their titles will end up on PC with shinier visuals and I won't waste money buying what's essentially a limited multi-plat, from a PC and Xbox One gamer's point of view, on less technically capable platform.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

Sales figures = 83 million Xbox 360's.

I don't know, seems to have worked out ok?

Yes... Because it was cheaper and came out an entire year before. How is the X1 doing now when it has none of that?

You clearly don't remember the Xbox 360's year post launch

Yeah well Kinect is largely responsible for getting 360 from 50 million to 83 million, and those games aren't on PC so it still relied heavily on games that are genuinely exclusive to 360, just not the AAA testosterone fueled shooty games most people associate with non-Nintendo video games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Lol kinect.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

So is generalizing fanbases something we can do now on this site? Or is it just an Xbox thing?

This isn't new, gear was '' Microsoft exclusive'' back in 06

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:

So we know that Ryse Son of Rome is coming to PC, just like Dead Rising 3. So since it was announced, and I never saw this when Dead Rising 3 was announced for PC, Xbox gamers are now saying, "well atleast it's MICROSOFT exclusive", and by Microsoft they are talking about PC. Microsoft isn't getting any money from Dead Rising 3 PC sales nor Ryse Son of Rome PC sales. But I swear, every forum, website, Youtube video related to this announcement I saw people saying "atleast it's Microsoft exclusive" , "PC = Microsoft"and this is something I've NEVER seen before, I've never seen people say something like this I am truly astonished by how many people are starting to say this.

Now I find this absolutely stupid. It's like your saying they get money for the games, which they don't or you're saying that just because you are using Windows, just like I am you are paying Microsoft. Nope, I didn't pay Microsoft a cent for Windows, the manufacturer pays them. But sure they do still get money, so? Paying for windows, which really isn't even paying them, is not the same as them getting money for the games that are published on PC. I have been laughing so much today, seriously. They are losing Xbox One exclusives left and right and what they're saying is just absolutely stupid.

Lol wut?
They might not be getting a direct sales cut but they earn so much money indirectly through PC games. So much that they're very eager to stay the main platform for PC gaming.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jlmurph2 said:
So is generalizing fanbases something we can do now on this site? Or is it just an Xbox thing?

Nope I think you are right... only xbox fans generalize fanbases :P

jlmurph2 said:

....soooo you're saying that people OTHER than Xbox fans are saying, with regards to Ryse and Dead Rising 3 moving, "Well, at least it's still a Microsoft exclusive!" with firm conviction and approval? Because I have to say, the statement reeeeally only makes sense, as a 'Positive,' IF it's Xbox fans saying it. O.o Unless you're saying that Sony and Nintendo fans will also celebrate how it's not coming to their platforms.

That or you're trying to accuse him of saying the entire Xbox fanbase is saying it, which is just plain silly. :3 It'd be like if you mentioned that, prior to the launch of the Xbox One, LOTS of Sony fans were making fun of it, and then I came in and said 'Oh, are we just going to generalize the Sony fanbase now? >:[  ' It's invalid, because, you ARE right, LOTS of Sony fans were making fun of the Xbox One during that time, and you pointing it out doesn't automatically mean you're painting everyone with the same brush. Same case here; he's saying he's seeing a lot of chatter on the Internet trying to minimize the fact that the exclusives are porting to PC, and of course he's right. It's the Internet. It's filled with people who'll desperately try to find silver linings wherever they can.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I mean why not just skip the middle man?
:D

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

Sales figures = 83 million Xbox 360's.

I don't know, seems to have worked out ok?

Yeah but, how much money did they make off those 83 million consoles? Next to nothing.