By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Xbox gamers are now saying

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:

Gears 1, Halo 1/2 are already on PC. I doubt we'll see too many of their sequels come over, but that would be the reason why PC gamers expect them. 

Well they can expect them, but how many years has it been?

People seem to have the impression every noteworthy Xbox game is on PC. That's far from reality.

Perhaps it isn't the reality, but with each new game that comes from an Xbox machine to PC, I can't blame the fanbase for expecting more.

Once again, they can expect more but the reality is not every noteworthy game has come to PC. How long have people been waiting for Halo 3 or Gears 2?

Lets just point out the obvious. Fans of others platforms like to pretend every Xbox game is on PC so they can say Xbox doesn't have exclusives.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
vivster said:
Ali_16x said:

So we know that Ryse Son of Rome is coming to PC, just like Dead Rising 3. So since it was announced, and I never saw this when Dead Rising 3 was announced for PC, Xbox gamers are now saying, "well atleast it's MICROSOFT exclusive", and by Microsoft they are talking about PC. Microsoft isn't getting any money from Dead Rising 3 PC sales nor Ryse Son of Rome PC sales. But I swear, every forum, website, Youtube video related to this announcement I saw people saying "atleast it's Microsoft exclusive" , "PC = Microsoft"and this is something I've NEVER seen before, I've never seen people say something like this I am truly astonished by how many people are starting to say this.

Now I find this absolutely stupid. It's like your saying they get money for the games, which they don't or you're saying that just because you are using Windows, just like I am you are paying Microsoft. Nope, I didn't pay Microsoft a cent for Windows, the manufacturer pays them. But sure they do still get money, so? Paying for windows, which really isn't even paying them, is not the same as them getting money for the games that are published on PC. I have been laughing so much today, seriously. They are losing Xbox One exclusives left and right and what they're saying is just absolutely stupid.

Lol wut?
They might not be getting a direct sales cut but they earn so much money indirectly through PC games. So much that they're very eager to stay the main platform for PC gaming.

How much really? The royalties for a console are much more substantial then those for publishing a game on PC. Hell, you don't even have to pay to have a game on Windows, just for it to be branded with xbox.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Microsoft exclusive is stupid because almost every gamer has a Windows PC they can play games on. Less incentive to buy their console as why have two devices than can play the same thing.

Devil_Survivor said:
starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

Sales figures = 83 million Xbox 360's.

I don't know, seems to have worked out ok?

Yeah but, how much money did they make off those 83 million consoles? Next to nothing.

Next to nothing... compared to other things MS does. At this point it seems like game consoles are just a vehicle to push other products. Game consoles don't appear to be as pofitable as they once were. Sony and Nintendo give me that impression.

Anyhow, your response wasn't relevant.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If the pc is a microsoft system...then the xbox one is a sony system because of the blu-ray ?

(yeah, fuck logic)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Lets just point out the obvious. Fans of others platforms like to pretend every Xbox game is on PC so they can say Xbox doesn't have exclusives.

But, isn't the reality that there is not much pretending needed. In real life, there are actually only two major XOne exclusive that are not (or will be within a month) on PC - Forza 5 and Kinect Sports.

So, 60% of so-called "exclusives" are on PC. Of course, it is not every single one, but most people will gladly take those odds and wait out a game for 6-9 months.And hope that, based on history, those percentages will grow higher in favor of PC gaming.

And it is very shallow to call out "fans of other platforms", when this information is available to the entire general population, and to all more casual and brand-agnostic potential customers, which can use this data when choosing a console of their own. Should they buy WiiU or PS4 (depending on their genre preferences) knowing that they cannot play those exclusives anywhere but on those consoles, or should they choose XOne, the most expensive option, which has very few exclusives, and even those are available on other platforms outside console gaming?

Reaper2170 said:
Microsoft exclusive is stupid because almost every gamer has a Windows PC they can play games on. Less incentive to buy their console as why have two devices than can play the same thing.

Nope most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles there are very few people that play a lot of games on both platforms.

Mr Puggsly said:
Devil_Survivor said:
starcraft said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

Sales figures = 83 million Xbox 360's.

I don't know, seems to have worked out ok?

Yeah but, how much money did they make off those 83 million consoles? Next to nothing.

Next to nothing... compared to other things MS does. At this point it seems like game consoles are just a vehicle to push other products. Game consoles don't appear to be as pofitable as they once were. Sony and Nintendo give me that impression.

Anyhow, your response wasn't relevant.

How is not relevent? He asked if Xbox worked out ok for Microsoft and I said no because in fact have actually lost money on to point some people in the company want it gone or at least spun off to its own company. Sony actually makes a lot of money from gaming consoles as evident from their Q1 finanical report. With Nintendo, with the exception of Wii U they generally make a big profit off their consoles.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

How much really? The royalties for a console are much more substantial then those for publishing a game on PC. Hell, you don't even have to pay to have a game on Windows, just for it to be branded with xbox.

Just think of all the ways Microsoft is currently monetizing Windows other than the initial price. There is a lot of licensing going on from software to drivers to hardware. So Microsoft is making money on gaming hardware, gaming software, gaming peripherals. They're even making money with gamers looking stuff up on Bing. I'd say their revenue generated by PC gamers might even rival that of their Xbox business if not more.

And the bonus of it all? That way Microsoft makes money from pirates. Something every developer would dream of ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not to mention, the subscriptions of XBL vs PS+.
If I wanna play KZ;SF and TF, why buy a XB1 and PS4 when a PC will give me free internet and a cheaper, better performing, better looking TitanFall?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank