By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Destiny really have any competition for GOTY?

Yeah, I think WiiU might have some competition for GOTY, Bayo 2 and Smash Bros.

Around the Network

Well, since it has been a bad year for gaming imo. I think that any upcoming game can get GOTY.
Games that are already released that might have a chance are: Dark souls 2, the wolf among us
But because both are average games, the upcoming games such as: Borderlands: TPS, AC:U, Far Cry 4, LBP:3, and destiny all have a better chance of winning. Ofcourse that is my opinion. :)

Ali_16x said:

Wow, this site does have a ton of Nintendo fans, just posting all their exclusives even they have no chance like MK8 and SSB, those types of genres will rarely win these days.

I'm barely seeing any Far Cry 4, that's pretty surprising. 

Brawl scored a 93 on Metacritic (mostly because of hype) and Smash 4 is a much more polished game so far, so I don't think Smash 4 winning many GOTY awards is out of the ordinary!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GOTY is like the oscar for best picture of the year. Hardly the best movie of the year wins it, so happens it the GOTY awards. That's why I hate this kind of award, it's too political and subjective. Just look at the different opinions people have given in this thread so far...

AZWification said:
Ali_16x said:

Wow, this site does have a ton of Nintendo fans, just posting all their exclusives even they have no chance like MK8 and SSB, those types of genres will rarely win these days.

I'm barely seeing any Far Cry 4, that's pretty surprising. 

Brawl scored a 93 on Metacritic (mostly because of hype) and Smash 4 is a much more polished game so far, so I don't think Smash 4 winning many GOTY awards is out of the ordinary!

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Personal preferences aside the Smash Bros games are always critically very well received, ruling it out seems short sighted.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
AZWification said:

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Personal preferences aside the Smash Bros games are always critically very well received, ruling it out seems short sighted.

Exactly! Smash Bros Melee was apparently a rushed title and it still managed to score a 92 on Metacritic! Smash 4 will do just fine!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

My two most anticipated games are Far Cry 4 and The Evil Within. It would be nice if one of them won, but the chances are very very slim (especially with the latter).

I agree, I found the gameplay average for this type of game and the voiceovers were terrible. 

To many people blindly boarding the hype train.

Hopeful - Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros

Realistic - Destiny, Far Cry 4

Possible - Wolfenstein, Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive (if not a mess), Mario Kart 8

Will rage if true - Last of Us Remastered, Halo MCC

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

First of all we have to see how Destiny will score. It can get great scores but also only average ones if it won't deliver what editors hope for and this is really hard to tell after the beta. With average I mean many scores in the range of a 7 and 8, not around a 5