By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Destiny really have any competition for GOTY?

Ali_16x said:
No way a fighting game is going to get GOTY, I also don't think it's going to be Bayonetta 2, I just don't think it looks like its GOTY material but it does look good. It will probably be Destiny with a majority and then AC Unity with a few.

Why cant a fighter get GOTY?

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

GoldenGamer said:
bouboumorveu said:
The Last of Us Remastered is for the moment GOTY 2014 (see metacritic marks)

While it will easily be the best game released this year as it was last year (yes much better than the overrated crap called GTA5,YES I SAID IT), it is not included since it is a generation old game.

A lot of people would also say the Last of Us is  overated too.

Devil_Survivor said:
GoldenGamer said:
bouboumorveu said:

While it will easily be the best game released this year as it was last year (yes much better than the overrated crap called GTA5,YES I SAID IT), it is not included since it is a generation old game.

Of course. Anything that gets popular automatically gets hater too. It's the natural order of things. Good thing those people never manage to achieve anything.

I might say Far Cry 4 because Destiny's story doesn't look too good from what I've played.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:
GoldenGamer said:
bouboumorveu said:

Of course. Anything that gets popular automatically gets hater too. It's the natural order of things. Good thing those people never manage to achieve anything.

Only game i heard that was scored so high, but later people said was definitely overrated was GTA4. I remember 2 reviewers even admited (one guy from ign) said the hype was the reason he gave the game a 10 >_< and wished he gave the game a lower score.

Looking at all the games with a 95+ on Meta, Out of all the games i've played they are well deserved. Only game that needs to be up there is KIU (srry selfish). Man my favorite game of the generation so far :0 (thats underrated!!!

tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:

Only game i heard that was scored so high, but later people said was definitely overrated was GTA4. I remember 2 reviewers even admited (one guy from ign) said the hype was the reason he gave the game a 10 >_< and wished he gave the game a lower score.

Looking at all the games with a 95+ on Meta, Out of all the games i've played they are well deserved. Only game that needs to be up there is KIU (srry selfish). Man my favorite game of the generation so far :0 (thats underrated!!!

True, happily the TLOU wasn't overhyped for nothing though. As it rescored the same this year with the remaster. A lot of websites openly admitted to wanting to score GTA IV differently after the hype died down.

bubblegamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:
GoldenGamer said:
bouboumorveu said:

Just like GTA 5 right? Which is way more popular than TLoU yet people don't ceaselessly defend it like people do with TLoU. Why is that I wonder? Probably because GTA 5 fans don't need hype up their game. They run around calling it the " greatest game of all time" and other nonsense like that. A lot of people call haters just see TLoU for what it is, a great game with some flaws and not the perfect masterpiece its obviously not.

Devil_Survivor said:
bubblegamer said:

Devil_Survivor said:

Just like GTA 5 right? Which is way more popular than TLoU yet people don't ceaselessly defend it like people do with TLoU. Why is that I wonder? Probably because GTA 5 fans don't need hype up their game. They run around calling it the " greatest game of all time" and other nonsense like that. A lot of people call haters just see TLoU for what it is, a great game with some flaws and not the perfect masterpiece its obviously not.

Maybe because the people attacking GTA V are not doing so because of the console it's on but actually because of the game itself? TLOU is the greatest game of all time just like Nintendo fans like to Call Ocarina of Time the greatest game of all time. I don't see anyone getting angry because of the latter so why does the first one bother you so much?

TLOU:R and MCC probably has a higher chance than LBP3, Driveclub, Sunset, or Horizon 2. Can't see any of those getting GOTY.