By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Destiny really have any competition for GOTY?

daredevil.shark said:
The Last of Us Remastered?

I can't believe no one thought of that.....

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
daredevil.shark said:
The Last of Us Remastered?

It certainly deserves it more than anything, but i don't think you can or need to give the same game the GOTY for 2 years!

Yeah but it would be the greatest game awards troll ever.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I can't believe the possibility of Sunset Overdrive being a contender hasn't come up. The game looks like a breath of fresh air (and you can't even see air so I guess that's why no one has mentioned it).

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

People hand out game of the year titleslike candy at halloween, as a result the title means absolutely nothing to me other than "it probably comes with the DLC now" for the subsequent GOTY edition.
I've seen more GOTY editions over the years than i've seen years.

dreamcast210 said:
I can't believe the possibility of Sunset Overdrive being a contender hasn't come up. The game looks like a breath of fresh air (and you can't even see air so I guess that's why no one has mentioned it).

Going off the thread titled "are you going to buy sunset overdrive" where most of the xbox peeps ranged from luke warm to cold in their feelings towards it, I'd say it'd have a pretty hard time achieving goty.

dreamcast210 said:

That and it could turn out to be a junk.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Didn't it already lose to the GO2G?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

There's still a bunch of games coming out this year that can compete for game of the year like: Far Cry 4, Smash Bros Wii U, Master Chief Collection, Grand Theft Auto V (Remastered XP), and Assassins Creed.

Even though I think Destiny will be the best to second best selling game this year its metascore will probably be mid 80's so I don't think it will get game of the year.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Smash Bros could win it

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Dragon Age will > Destiny imo

The Last of Us: Remastered. People will rage. I will laugh. It will be a good day. The crops look promising.

4 ≈ One