By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Destiny really have any competition for GOTY?

Not really. Maybe Smash but nothing else looks that good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
Mystro-Sama said:
To the people saying Smash and Bayo 2, not everyone has a Wii U.

Not everyone has a PS3, but that didn't stop Last of Us from picking up game of the year from seemingly every gamer in existence and their mom.

Personally, I'd argue all of these delays give it a reasonable shot at winning some overall game of the year awards. Wolf Among Us, Dark Souls 2, Mario Kart 8, and South Park have all been highly acclaimed titles released so far, and the rest of the year could throw a few curveballs with the aforementioned Smash Bros and Bayo 2 (little more iffy on this one), Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton (longshot but still), Far Cry 4, and maybe one of the Assassin's Creed games (really iffy on this, but who knows). That's a tough enough field to give more than a little competition, even if this is a down year of sorts.

Pretty much agree with all of this.  LBP tends to sneak into the GOTY catagories even if it's very unlikely to win.  Dragon Age and Far Cry are the closest runners but... Destiny will win becaue of hype, hype, sales, hype, fanboygasms, judges being blinded by sales and hype, and hype and sales. 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

Pretty much agree with all of this.  LBP tends to sneak into the GOTY catagories even if it's very unlikely to win.  Dragon Age and Far Cry are the closest runners but... Destiny will win becaue of hype, hype, sales, hype, fanboygasms, judges being blinded by sales and hype, and hype and sales. 

And that would be pretty sad...

I hope gaming sites will give the award to a game that really deserves it (not saying that destiny doesnt, but maybe the hype is too big!?) and not a game that just has good sales.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Destiny is ok but its not the GOTY.

Dragon Age looks more like a goty and don't count out Shadow Of Mordor.

I doubt anything will surpass Dark Souls 2 for me, but I don't feel like a game like Dark Souls is capable of winning lots of GotY awards.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8 ;)

For me its Tropical Freeze so far

The Evil Within, Bayonetta 2 or FarCry 4 might take it though.

lbp and infamous will get nods.

titanfall will get nods.

mario kart and smash will get nods.

watch dogs will a nod? can't really remember much else third party this year...

yeah, i'd say destiny will win most GotY awards.

bouboumorveu said:
The Last of Us Remastered is for the moment GOTY 2014 (see metacritic marks)

While it will easily be the best game released this year as it was last year (yes much better than the overrated crap called GTA5,YES I SAID IT), it is not included since it is a generation old game.

If the beta is any indication, then every game released in 2014 will be competition imho.

Except maybe Transformers.