By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1340. Hyrule Warriors gets a...

It's possible for a game with less content or variety to be more focused in its execution. That's all I want to add to the discussion. I don't know anything about DW and I don't care how HW compares to it like-for-like. Just pointing out that having 10 times more content doesn't necessarily make a game better.

Although Western journalists seem to think it does, if the critical success of Skyrim and such is anything to go by. Western journalists also appreciate games that are brain dead easy.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
Why are Famitsu reviews suddenly irrelevant and worthless (this is the first time I'm hearing this) just because HW got good reviews?

These forums are weird.

Nah.. Famitsu started being worthless the moment they gave the 360 version of Sonic 06 a 30/40!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

@Outlawauron

For the last bit, it's not so much people enjoying the game, but those who say the series sucks or that it's bad. You can't claim that about other Musou games and think HW is suddenly different.

Sometimes its hard to say it in words, i cant judge the exact difference of DW franchise to HW. I was just trying to make the point of HW has some things taking out of LoZ to make the game feel different and add new elements to a DW spin off. 

As for the statement above, your right! I dont like like when people judhe things in general without knowing about it at all (thats why i cant say DW games are bad or not with the exception of One Piece PW as i enjoyed the game).

But if people like it its fine, its a treasure cove of LoZ nostalgia! Its the first game you can play all these memorable characters and its a mash up of all things Zelda! First game outside of SSB where we can play as Zelda+Ganondorf! Many of these things will factor in the meta score, but not everybody will take note of that. Thats all im arguing (or at least trying to) here

Boutros said:
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
Dynasty Warriors 8 - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 10/9/9/9 (37/40)

Oh, so it's Koei who signed the check then. And they sent the same amount as usual.

AZWification said:
Smear-Gel said:
Why are Famitsu reviews suddenly irrelevant and worthless (this is the first time I'm hearing this) just because HW got good reviews?

These forums are weird.

Nah.. Famitsu started being worthless the moment they gave the 360 version of Sonic 06 a 30/40!

Well you cant be right all the time lol. Then again Sonic is the most divisive franchise in gaming now.

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:

Are you certain that's how it works?

News to me (and I suspect I'm not alone).

Yeah, bit of an exaggeration on my part, but Famitsu reviewers work under very strict conditions. They can barely scratch the surface of the games they review; because by the time they've slapped the score and the review lines on a game, they have to inmediately move on to the next one.

They would work much better if each reviewer went for a different game altogether. Maybe it wouldn't change things that much, but they would definitively had a bit more time to spare.

Smear-Gel said:

These forums are weird.

Please point me to any thread where Famitsu reviews were taken very seriously.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Smear-Gel said:

Well you cant be right all the time lol.
 Then again Sonic is the most divisive franchisein gaming now.

It's simply too hard to trust Famitsu when they give Resi 6 a 39/40 and FFXIII-2 a 40/40! I do hope HW is at least a decent game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Boutros said:

Wow, just, wow.

the_dengle said:
Boutros said:

Oh, so it's Koei who signed the check then. And they sent the same amount as usual.

Koei are publishing it in Japan, so joking aside, it would indeed be them if anyone did.