By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1340. Hyrule Warriors gets a...

tbone51 said:
pokoko said:
tbone51 said:

I'm curious to see what kind of scores it gets from publications that wouldn't normally review a Warriors game.  There are likely quite a few that skip them for being too niche, not to mention the Nintendo-only websites and magazines.  Those might end up being the wildcards that sway the Meta one way or another.  There is no doubt in my mind that there will be a LOT more reviews for Hyrule Warriors than for Dynasty Warriors 8.  Where many of those who would review a Dynasty Warriors game have probably played them in the past, I'm betting a good portion of the Hyrule Warriors reviews will be from people new to the style of game-play.  It's an interesting situation.

I just hope it doesn't get a 90+ OMG we'll never hear the end of it XD

Jim Sterling will most likely praise it but I would be okay with that because he always does with the Musou gams. DW8 was in his GOTY nominations.

Around the Network
sidmeiernintifan said:
Famitsu scores are meaningless, like, they often don't make sense.
I doubt a Musou game will manage to get an 80 in metacritic.

Mostly because Famitsu gets paid by everyone except Ninty and Sony when it comes to scores!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

how high does Famitsu rated other Dynasty Warrior's games?

Clyde32 said:
AZWification said:

Not trying to downplay HW, but Famitsu also gave Resi 6 a 39/40, so I think I'll wait for more reviews!

Capcom pays Famitsu. So does SE. 

I think I'll trust this one because they also gave xenoblade a 36/40.

Wow, they gave Xenoblade a 36? That is a rather accurate score. I love that game to bits but recognise its flaws.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

AZWification said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
Famitsu scores are meaningless, like, they often don't make sense.
I doubt a Musou game will manage to get an 80 in metacritic.

Mostly because Famitsu gets paid by everyone except Ninty and Sony when it comes to scores!

Thing is I honestly dont trust IGN and Gamespot reviews either. I often find them inflated too (there was an article once where an ex journalist confessed they were getting bribes to give better scores).

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:

Thing is I honestly dont trust IGN and Gamespot reviews either. I often find them inflated too (there was an article once where an ex journalist confessed they were getting bribes to give better scores).

Why do you think they fired that guy from Gamespot when he gave the heavily-advertised game Kane & Lynch the terrible score of a...six?

Maraccuda said:

I don't trust IGN, GT, Gamespot, etc,.. either, but Famitsu goes as far as giving high scores to games that are absolute SHIT (39/40 for Resi 6? Really?)! Heck, at least Western critics treated CoD Ghosts very harshly compared to the earlier CoD games!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Sounds like a solid game

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018