By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1340. Hyrule Warriors gets a...

Raziel123 said:
AZWification said:

Not trying to downplay HW, but Famitsu also gave Resi 6 a 39/40, so I think I'll wait for more reviews!

That's one famitsu review I agree with

I really hope you're not being serious with that post.. >_>

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Raziel123 said:
AZWification said:

Not trying to downplay HW, but Famitsu also gave Resi 6 a 39/40, so I think I'll wait for more reviews!

That's one famitsu review I agree with

Dead serious. GOTY 2012

Raziel123 said:
AZWification said:

Dead serious. GOTY 2012

You have to be kidding... Really?? >_> >_> >_>

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

z101 said:

HW seems to be more "fleshed out" than any Dynasty Warriors game to date and has some interesting new gamplay elements.

Not to mention the fact that Hyrule Warriors looks better than even DW8 on PS4. :)

It has a hell of a lot less characters (which often leads to less gameplay variety, because what you're doing is always the same but the way you're doing it is different) plus a fewer number of gameplay modes than DW8XL.

That doesn't seem more "fleshed out" to me.

It's nothing to be ashamed of.  It's the first Hyrule Warriors game they've made, whereas they're on their 8th (plus expansions) on DW which gives them more scope to refine and improve.  But still, it's definitely not as fleshed out from what I've seen.

Only 36? Man, what a fiasco. /semi jk

Not trying to downplay famitsu (well, a little) but they scored FF13-2 with 40/40...

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
z101 said:

HW seems to be more "fleshed out" than any Dynasty Warriors game to date and has some interesting new gamplay elements.

Not to mention the fact that Hyrule Warriors looks better than DW8, even on PS4. :)

Yeah Im yet to see any intresting new gameplay elements at all.

As for being more fleshed out DW8XL featured like 5 story modes with bonus what if missions, Ambition mode which had you try to conquer all of China building up your empire, a challenge mode featuring 5 different challenges, a bodygaurd system allowing you to take up to 3 bodygaurds into battles with you, a unique weapon for every character with 6 versions of that weapon, 83 characters, weapons had 1 of 3 affinites being Earth, Heaven and Man giving battles a rock, paper, scissors effect, you could carry 2 weapons into battle, any character could use any weapon but were given bonus combos if they used their specific weapon, I could go on and on about this but I think Ive proven my point enough

pokoko said:

Two reviewers gave this game an 8.  I find that interesting on many levels.

Panty shots, why no reviewer gave it a nine is beyond me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wright said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Wright said:

I'll never understand Famitsu's review system.

I don't like it when people give up before even trying. It's simple as chips:

- In exactly the same way IGN/Eurogamer/etc. give a score out of 10, Famitsu gives a score out of 10

- Except there are FOUR reviewers for each game, hence FOUR scores of 10

- 4 x 10 = 40, which is Famitsu's total for each game.

Really not so hard.

Obviously I'm not mentioning the numbers per se, but the fact that they'd rather have four people playing the game for like one hour before making judgment than leaving one guy to have a full-fleshed opinion of the game.

Are you certain that's how it works?

News to me (and I suspect I'm not alone).

That's a surprisingly high score for HW. The game grows on me more and more...

AZWification said:

Capcom pays Famitsu. So does SE. 

I think I'll trust this one because they also gave xenoblade a 36/40.