By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1340. Hyrule Warriors gets a...

The big question is, will western reviewers give Hyrule Warriors extra points for being a Zelda game? Or will they score it like a Warriors game?

Around the Network

not a single 10? preorder cancelled.

(just kidding)

AZWification said:

Not trying to downplay HW, but Famitsu also gave Resi 6 a 39/40, so I think I'll wait for more reviews!

That's one famitsu review I agree with

Nice, but Famitsu scores are worthless.

Wright said: 

Obviously I'm not mentioning the numbers per se, but the fact that they'd rather have four people playing the game for like one hour before making judgment than leaving one guy to have a full-fleshed opinion of the game.

Do you know that the 4 people only play the game for an hour?  Is it not plausible that they have 4 reviewers play the game as much as 1 western reviewer before leaving their thoughts?

They are, after all, part of a massive media organization in Japan in an industry where magazines still have a large amount of relevance.

pokoko said:
The big question is, will western reviewers give Hyrule Warriors extra points for being a Zelda game? Or will they score it like a Warriors game?

That's something I'm genuinely wondering too.

Alternatively, knocking loads of points off because it's not the Zelda game they want.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Do you know that the 4 people only play the game for an hour?  Is it not plausible that they have 4 reviewers play the game as much as 1 western reviewer before leaving their thoughts?

They are, after all, part of a massive media organization in Japan in an industry where magazines still have a large amount of relevance.

I remember watching a documentary about Famitsu. Reviewers have barely time to do anything at all. They just have to play a game as much as they can over a very strict timetable, then plaster their impressions in few lines and a number and move on to the next game.

So 36/40 ---> 80 on Metacritic, going by Famitsu's tendency to overrate games by at least 10%.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Wright said:
Kresnik said:

I remember watching a documentary about Famitsu. Reviewers have barely time to do anything at all. They just have to play a game as much as they can over a very strict timetable, then plaster their impressions in few lines and a number and move on to the next game.

Which is no different than what Western reviewers do. If you read reviews, it's quite easy to notice how much (or how little) of the game they actually play.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wright said:

I'll never understand Famitsu's review system.

4 reviewers can give 10 points each.

I's not really complicated, but the scores can become pretty biased depending on who reviews the game.

You probably  shouldn't think too deeply about it. They used this method for so long and now they're just sticking with it.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Good for Hyrule Warriors I guess.