By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?

oniyide said:

I love how you ignore that Cube had Smash and a Mario Kart, big ass franchises and it still did crap. ANd you choose to ignore a bunch of games that got released on WIi U and will come out. Wii U got a Kart and DKC, a 2d Mario and 3d getting Smash hell even got a couple of WIi titles in there. BUt is still probably going to sell as well as GC. 

It was the wiimote thats why it sold. Anything else is a lie.

Wiimote++, actually. The Wiimote couldn't sell the Wii alone. That's where games like the Wii series or Trauma Center or the plethora of Mario games or even the auto-aim Metroid Prime shooters come in.

The Wii U lacks that vital Nintendo hardware tech demo++. The GamePad has potential, that Nintendo hasn't utilized well. (And this is why Pokemon Snap should've been a launch title!)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
oniyide said:

I love how you ignore that Cube had Smash and a Mario Kart, big ass franchises and it still did crap. ANd you choose to ignore a bunch of games that got released on WIi U and will come out. Wii U got a Kart and DKC, a 2d Mario and 3d getting Smash hell even got a couple of WIi titles in there. BUt is still probably going to sell as well as GC. 

Wiimote++, actually. The Wiimote couldn't sell the Wii alone. That's where games like the Wii series or Trauma Center or the plethora of Mario games or even the auto-aim Metroid Prime shooters come in.

The Wii U lacks that vital Nintendo hardware tech demo++. The GamePad has potential, that Nintendo hasn't utilized well. (And this is why Pokemon Snap should've been a launch title!)

those games would not have been popular without the wiimote. The MAIN reason why the system was popular was because of the controller.

Of course it's gone.

The industry will jump at any opportunity to not support Nintendo consoles. They were looking eagerly for any sign of weakness from Nintendo to drop support, and they got it in spades with the Wii U.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Don't care for 3rd party multi-plats, they hardly ever sell on the Wii unless it's Sonic. And usually most 3rd party games that are/were exclusive to the Wii don't make amount of sales they've planned; ex. Wonderful 101, ZombiU, Rayman Legends.

baloofarsan said:
tripenfall said:
Looks like Wii U is getting Pro Evolution 5. This will be massive in European markets and will go some way to
make up for the lack of Fifa 15.
EA really is the devil...

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-pes-2015-releasing-wii-u/

Debunked

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/13/konami-debunks-rumor-of-pes-2015-for-wii-u/

"Attackofthefanboy".. 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
oniyide said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
Vena said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I have to ask....what REALLY made the Wii so successful? I am not trying to be funny or start anything I am just curious as to what you think made the Wii so seccessful. 

Price. Casuals. Nintendo Titles. Hackability.

Price - Nope. Gamecube was the cheapest and failed horribly

Casuals - A common myth pounded into the heads of the easily impressionable hardcore by the industry but false. I believe the oldschool/retro/lapsed gamers contributed far more to the Wii's success. This is because it stripped the "fluff" of gaming that had turned many of these people off (cutscenes, dialouge, overly complex control schemes) and returned to pure core gameplay. Yes, there were also plenty of "new" or "non" gamers that jumped aboard but the term "casual" is a stupid terms because many of these people play games in one form or another on a regular (non casual) basis, and/or have gone deeper into more complex games since.

Nintendo titles - Partially true. More acurately would be the RIGHT Nintendo titles. You had the quality core titles like Smash, Galaxy, Prime, etc, coupled with the bridge type games like Mario Kart, NSMB, DKC, along with ground breaking fresh types of games that lured new gamers (and aforementioned oldschool gamers) in like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Wii Play. Gamecube and N64 also had Nintendo titles. The difference was, THOSE Nintendo games appealed mainly to the Nintendo hardcore, rather than the mass market.

Hackability - Doesn't explain why Wii has such high software sales (another common myth the hardcore loves to spout is that no one bought the games, but it is again, completely false)

Basically Wii brought gaming back to its more simple and appealing arcade roots, while simultaenously introducing fresh concepts that brought in the mass market.

With Wii U, you get a sense that it's really more similar to Gamecube with niche titles like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Zombi U, Zelda WW, etc, with a Wii overlay.

Yes, Cube had Smash and Kart, and they both sold very well. Without those two games, Gamecube probably would have had numbers close to Dreamcast level.. Wii U has some Wii type games, but they are sequels. They don't break any new ground like those games did when they were, well, "new." What Wii U needs is more of these "new" fresh games. Splatoon is potentially one of those titles. We shall see..

I don't know how many times I have to emphasize something that is seemingly so stupidly obivious, but ok, one more time.. People don't play controllers. People play GAMES. You could make the argument that Wii's success a result of the cominbation of the controller used in conjunction WITH the right games, but saying it's simply the controller is completely wrong and missing the point.

What if the Wii was released but only came with games that were the quality of Ninja Bread Man and Bug Island? Do you truly believe it would have been as successful? Controller doesn't mean shit without quality games that utilize it, and utlize it properly.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Podings said:
Yet the console is selling better than the Xbox One.

How long until Microsoft loses all support?

Yet Xbox One is selling better than Wii U over the year.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251777/2014-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-august-2nd/

And selling a lot more 3rd party games even while LTD numbers are still lower than Wii U.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag XB1 0.84M
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Wii U 0.19M

My 8th gen collection

KungKras said:
Of course it's gone.

The industry will jump at any opportunity to not support Nintendo consoles. They were looking eagerly for any sign of weakness from Nintendo to drop support, and they got it in spades with the Wii U.

Nothing forces them to make games for Nintendo in the first place.

If they wanted it to fail they had the opportunity to just release no games from the start.  Nothing would flop faster than Nintendo launching Wii U with no 3rd party.

My 8th gen collection

DarthMetalliCube said:
oniyide said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
Vena said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Yes, Cube had Smash and Kart, and they both sold very well. Without those two games, Gamecube probably would have had numbers close to Dreamcast level.. Wii U has some Wii type games, but they are sequels. They don't break any new ground like those games did when they were, well, "new." What Wii U needs is more of these "new" fresh games. Splatoon is potentially one of those titles. We shall see..

I don't know how many times I have to emphasize something that is seemingly so stupidly obivious, but ok, one more time.. People don't play controllers. People play GAMES. You could make the argument that Wii's success a result of the cominbation of the controller used in conjunction WITH the right games, but saying it's simply the controller is completely wrong and missing the point.

What if the Wii was released but only came with games that were the quality of Ninja Bread Man and Bug Island? Do you truly believe it would have been as successful? Controller doesn't mean shit without quality games that utilize it, and utlize it properly.

Problem with new fresh games is they are not that easy to produce other wise they wouldnt be new or fresh. Funny thing is the others dont seem to have an issue selling and they arent exactly new or fresh. Spatoon is a FPS with light cartoon graphics nothing new or fresh about that. Hell i think there was a cel shaded FPS done before.

I wasnt implying otherwise. Wii SPorts would have sucked without the controller and the system would not have been as popular without WiiTitles. 

Honestly? Yeah, it depends on how those games use the controller. Now it would not have done as well, but i think the novelty would have def moved some systems initially. Quality is very subjective. Those shovelware games that some people seem to hate? SOme of those actually sold and sold real well. 

ICStats said:
KungKras said:
Of course it's gone.

Nothing forces them to make games for Nintendo in the first place.

If they wanted it to fail they had the opportunity to just release no games from the start.  Nothing would flop faster than Nintendo launching Wii U with no 3rd party.

Nothing forces them to support the PS4/Xbone like they do either. They could have given all platforms equal support and then seen what happened. Does it look like the Wii U get equal support to you? They gave it some bones so they wouldn't miss a large market if it suceeded.

They were afraid that the Wii U would carry Wii momentum and be successful.

Wii got close to jack shit for support because the industry bet (and hoped) that it would flop. People tend to forget just how much the industry had to get dragged kicking and screaming into supporting the Wii.

I LOVE ICELAND!