By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?

zorg1000 said:
Podings said:
Yet the console is selling better than the Xbox One.

How long until Microsoft loses all support?

But 3rd party games still sell well on Xbox despite the low hardware sales

They can't ALL sell well.

Around the Network
Podings said:
zorg1000 said:
Podings said:
Yet the console is selling better than the Xbox One.

How long until Microsoft loses all support?

But 3rd party games still sell well on Xbox despite the low hardware sales

They can't ALL sell well.

What? Xbox One is still getting strong 3rd party support because 3rd party games sell much better on Xbox compared to Wii U. Looking at the game database on this site, a typical multiplat sells about 150-350k. Many Xbox One multiplats have sold in that range as well but the difference is that there are many multiplats on it that have crossed 500k and a handful have even crossed 1 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

So nobody has mentioned it, yet?

Apparently, Konami is bringing Pro Evolution Soccer 15 to the Wii U... at least according to a number of French websites, at this point in time (I learned by looking at NeoGAF - I'm not a member, there, but I've found that they get news pretty quickly).

"Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?"

This question suggests it was there to start with. You can't really lose what you never really had.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Podings said:
oniyide said:
sidmeiernintifan said:

I think Ultra Street Fighter IV could have sold well, Street Fighter IV for 3DS sold over 1 million units, It in in the top 10 of best selling Street Fighter games. By well I mean Monster Hunter for Wii U numbers.
The virtual console has all the SNES Street Fighter games, and the older owners of Wii U who owned a SNES as a kid would be tempted to get it.

Even Tatsunoko vs Capcom for Wii sold well even though no one know what Tatsunoko is in the west.

there was no way Capcom was going to rewrite the code to get it up and running on Wii U for what is essentially an expansion pack. No way. It would not have done the numbers to justify it.

They would not need to rewrite the code as such. The game is on Xbox 360, and porting to Wii U from that is relatively simple.

you sure about that? even if that was the case, they still arent going to do it cause its just an expansion pack. Hell they didnt see fit to add AE or Ultra stuff to the 3ds version of super? cant see why anyone expected them to go the extra mile for WIi U

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
"Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?"

This question suggests it was there to start with. You can't really lose what you never really had.

They've had a flirting with Capcom and Konami. :P

Ubisoft burned their bridges with Rayman.

Thank God.. Most major third parties represent all that is wrong with gaming. Poor quality, constant rehashes and sequels, uninspired gamplay, unnecessarily complex control schemes, and nickel and diming DLC/microctransaction garbage. The future will be with indies, and if Nintendo ever gets their heads out of their asses and remembers what REALLY made the Wii so successful in the first place, it will be with them as well.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

Thank God.. Most major third parties represent all that is wrong with gaming. Poor quality, constant rehashes and sequels, uninspired gamplay, unnecessarily complex control schemes, and nickel and diming DLC/microctransaction garbage. The future will be with indies, and if Nintendo ever gets their heads out of their asses and remembers what REALLY made the Wii so successful in the first place, it will be with them as well.

I have to ask....what REALLY made the Wii so successful? I am not trying to be funny or start anything I am just curious as to what you think made the Wii so seccessful. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

I have to ask....what REALLY made the Wii so successful? I am not trying to be funny or start anything I am just curious as to what you think made the Wii so seccessful. 

Price. Casuals. Nintendo Titles. Hackability.

The Wii U is already the cheapest right now. Casuals can't do it again because there is nothing "new" like the what the Wii was when it first came out. And Nintendo has always had Nintendo titles so that is still here.....I will give you hackability though. And I can see those points that you made as making sense as well. I just want to know what Darth meant because he said Nin needs to get their heads out of their butts....so I was wondering what he was talking about.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23