Forums - Sony Discussion - Why The Last of Us Remastered Shouldn’t Really Exist

Tagged games:

Do you think TLOUR shouldn't Exit?

YES 150 30.99%

NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477
Madword said:

...and there it is ^^ the point of the whole argument. Spot on.

If no one buys the game, then the OT article could be hailed as being correct. If people buy it, then there was an obvious need for it and so the userbase has spoken, no need for people to counter argue for something they obviously dont want.

• Dont recall many complaining about Tomb Raider, which was only a year old at the time of it's next gen release.
  • Lots of complaints about TLOU
  • Not many complaining about GTAV

How about we let the users decide what they want and what they dont want... I am sure Sony will make a very good profit from this game and will sell a fair amount, thus making the point that TLOU Remaster was indeed *Wanted*.

Everyone complained about Tomb Raider. More complained about that than this.

Around the Network

Gamers are sure self entitled and pathetic these days....
The game exists and so does the MCC. They might not be for everyone but I know plenty of people they are for.

It would've been good say we saw it 10 years from now. People are still buying the original Last of Us why release a Remastered version

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

gatito said:
They could have waited and then released it as a PS4 launch game, but that's just me.

Release a new IP with little hype on a system with 80 million or release it on a system with 8 million? Naughty Dog isn't a charaity you know. Making something a launch exclusuive is saying well I don't care how well it sells. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

To be honest if It wasn't for the fact I have't played the PS3 version and just so happened to be few weeks till the PS4 version, I probably wouldn't have cared about it.

Around the Network

Holy F!@#$, This same shit again? really?
I mean seriously, do any of your haters have anything better to do than hating on the same game over and over again?
the thing is out already!!!! hellllloooo!!!!
if you don't like it don't buy it....
honestly, this is the SEVENTH thread I have seen on this issue IN TWO WEEKS; usually by people who don't EVEN OWN A PS4 OR NEVER INTEND TO BUY ONE!!!
Damn! seriously get a life.
the Moderators seriously need to start locking down these TLOU:RE threads, because all these are too stupid and repetitive.
like TF?

Euphoria14 said:
naruball said:
It is beyond obvious that the vast majority of people who complain about thsi remaster have a problem with (even hatred for) Sony. Why?

1. GTA V gets no hate threads. Not only that, but that game has sold like 25m copies and unlike TLOU:R xbox owners did have the chance to play it.

2. No one complains about Game of the Year Editions, which pretty much TLOU:R is (only better). Did editors wite articles about Tomb Raider ps4 being a cash grab? No? Why is that?

Anyway, gaming journalism has been and still is all sorts of pathetic. No wonder no one takies it seriously.

GTAV has sold 33M actually, which makes the whole situation even more comical.

Wow! That's insane.

DarkRPGamer007 said:
It would've been good say we saw it 10 years from now. People are still buying the original Last of Us why release a Remastered version

Because many PS4 owners didn't own a PS3. Simple. Yet it takes a dozen threads and thousands of posts to explain it, and people still can't seem to understand that simple sentence.

spemanig said:
Madword said:

...and there it is ^^ the point of the whole argument. Spot on.

If no one buys the game, then the OT article could be hailed as being correct. If people buy it, then there was an obvious need for it and so the userbase has spoken, no need for people to counter argue for something they obviously dont want.

• Dont recall many complaining about Tomb Raider, which was only a year old at the time of it's next gen release.
  • Lots of complaints about TLOU
  • Not many complaining about GTAV

How about we let the users decide what they want and what they dont want... I am sure Sony will make a very good profit from this game and will sell a fair amount, thus making the point that TLOU Remaster was indeed *Wanted*.

Everyone complained about Tomb Raider. More complained about that than this.

now, that is definitely not true...

spemanig said:

The Last of Us could have been easily released on the PlayStation Network for $20-$25, but instead it’s been bumped up to 1080p and sold for under $10 less than a brand new title.

And here's the link:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/736583-last-us-remastered-shouldnt-really-exist

Because it DOES deserve the hits. Also, citing. Not using them is plagiarism, which is illegal. And not cool.

EDIT:

Didn't think the poll would agree.

Could have? Yes, but not with the inclusion of all the DLC.

If it followed the normal trend of GoTY editions with all included DLC it would have been $60, not $50. So compared to what we have seen for the last half decade or so, this is much better quality (60FPS&1080P) than normally expected, with more effort put in overall and at a lower than expected price compared to the norm .

There is literally nothing bad about this re-release other than people bitching for the sake of bitching, as per the norm with gaming forums. it is like people chose to neglect the way things have been done and the way this game has been handled and ultimately offered.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!