Forums - Sony Discussion - Why The Last of Us Remastered Shouldn’t Really Exist

Tagged games:

Do you think TLOUR shouldn't Exit?

YES 150 30.99%

NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477
naruball said:
It is beyond obvious that the vast majority of people who complain about thsi remaster have a problem with (even hatred for) Sony. Why?

1. GTA V gets no hate threads. Not only that, but that game has sold like 25m copies and unlike TLOU:R xbox owners did have the chance to play it.

2. No one complains about Game of the Year Editions, which pretty much TLOU:R is (only better). Did editors wite articles about Tomb Raider ps4 being a cash grab? No? Why is that?

Anyway, gaming journalism has been and still is all sorts of pathetic. No wonder no one takies it seriously.

GTAV has sold 33M actually, which makes the whole situation even more comical.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
iceland said:
Well I'm happy it exists :)

Yes and just like how anyone who did not have an XBox and/or XBox360 that might own an XBone should be happy that a great Halo collection is coming their way so early in the gen to get them prepared for the next Halo title, which will of course be on the XBone.

I think it's okay for games that are considered GOTG like TLOU/OoT/Halo CE, especially if they have sequels and want to keep people up to date with the franchise (like MCC, the GOW collection, etc).

Halo MCC and TLOU are definitely worthy of such a thing (sales should reflect this), Beyond two souls (for an example) isn't needed IMO

The whole situation is laughable. I don't even take it seriously.

Why should a PS4 version of TLOU exist? Because I haven't played it yet and I fully intend to buy it when I get a PS4. I represent a real segment of the marketplace.

That's it. Period.

If a market exists, the creation of a product that serves that market is justified. Everything else is childish fluff.

iceland said:
Euphoria14 said:
iceland said:

Yes and just like how anyone who did not have an XBox and/or XBox360 that might own an XBone should be happy that a great Halo collection is coming their way so early in the gen to get them prepared for the next Halo title, which will of course be on the XBone.

I think it's okay for games that are considered GOTG like TLOU/OoT/Halo CE, especially if they have sequels and want to keep people up to date with the franchise (like MCC, the GOW collection, etc).

Halo MCC and TLOU are definitely worthy of such a thing (sales should reflect this), Beyond two souls (for an example) isn't needed IMO

Absolutey agree.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Would the game get this much attention if it was name TLoU:GoTY edition. Seems like everyone is nitpicking this game cause of the "remastered" in the titled.

Haters gonna hate

Around the Network

not sure why people are so up in arms about remasters. Let the market decide if there is a place for them or not. There must be some demand for it or they wouldn't be making them...

Euphoria14 said:
iceland said:
Euphoria14 said:
iceland said:

Absolutey agree.

I'm quoting this for truth.

While I wasn't thrilled with TLoU HD, mainly due to timing and relative effort put into it, it is a game very deserving of HD remakes. When I wrote about HD remakes going overboard before, a lot of people looked at TLoU and wrote it off as me just hating on that title, but the point was there's a lot of "HD Remakes" rumored for games that, quite frankly, don't really justify the effort. Beyond: Two Souls and DmC: Devil May Cry among them.

We will see in a few days, when the UK chart releases, and followed by NPD in 10 days, if this remaster is unecessary.
Everything else is irrelevant.

Angelv577 said:
People are speaking with their wallets and judging by how many people are playing the game on twitch, I can say it was a great idea to remastered the game that was considered by many, the game of the generation.

...and there it is ^^ the point of the whole argument. Spot on.

If no one buys the game, then the OT article could be hailed as being correct. If people buy it, then there was an obvious need for it and so the userbase has spoken, no need for people to counter argue for something they obviously dont want.

• Dont recall many complaining about Tomb Raider, which was only a year old at the time of it's next gen release.
  • Lots of complaints about TLOU
  • Not many complaining about GTAV

How about we let the users decide what they want and what they dont want... I am sure Sony will make a very good profit from this game and will sell a fair amount, thus making the point that TLOU Remaster was indeed *Wanted*.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The Last of Us could have been easily released on the PlayStation Network for $20-$25, but instead it’s been bumped up to 1080p and sold for under $10 less than a brand new title.

And here's the link:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/736583-last-us-remastered-shouldnt-really-exist

Because it DOES deserve the hits. Also, citing. Not using them is plagiarism, which is illegal. And not cool.

EDIT:

Didn't think the poll would agree.