NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477

These articles just won't stop coming, will they? >_<

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Burek said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
It would've been good say we saw it 10 years from now. People are still buying the original Last of Us why release a Remastered version

Because many PS4 owners didn't own a PS3. Simple. Yet it takes a dozen threads and thousands of posts to explain it, and people still can't seem to understand that simple sentence.

I guess that is what really burns them; that Sony get fans that would have otherwise stayed or moved to thier favorite console.

spemanig said:

The Last of Us could have been easily released on the PlayStation Network for $20-$25, but instead it’s been bumped up to 1080p and sold for under $10 less than a brand new title.

And here's the link:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/736583-last-us-remastered-shouldnt-really-exist

Because it DOES deserve the hits. Also, citing. Not using them is plagiarism, which is illegal. And not cool.

EDIT:

Didn't think the poll would agree.

Actually, the poll doesn't agree with the article. 

overman1 said:
Burek said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
It would've been good say we saw it 10 years from now. People are still buying the original Last of Us why release a Remastered version

Because many PS4 owners didn't own a PS3. Simple. Yet it takes a dozen threads and thousands of posts to explain it, and people still can't seem to understand that simple sentence.

I guess that is what really burns them; that Sony get fans that would have otherwise stayed or moved to thier favorite console.

How about adding BC for the people who didnt own the previous system then?

spemanig said:
Madword said:

...and there it is ^^ the point of the whole argument. Spot on.

If no one buys the game, then the OT article could be hailed as being correct. If people buy it, then there was an obvious need for it and so the userbase has spoken, no need for people to counter argue for something they obviously dont want.

• Dont recall many complaining about Tomb Raider, which was only a year old at the time of it's next gen release.
  • Lots of complaints about TLOU
  • Not many complaining about GTAV

How about we let the users decide what they want and what they dont want... I am sure Sony will make a very good profit from this game and will sell a fair amount, thus making the point that TLOU Remaster was indeed *Wanted*.

Everyone complained about Tomb Raider. More complained about that than this.

No. Not even close.

Around the Network
Madword said:
Angelv577 said:
People are speaking with their wallets and judging by how many people are playing the game on twitch, I can say it was a great idea to remastered the game that was considered by many, the game of the generation.

...and there it is ^^ the point of the whole argument. Spot on.

If no one buys the game, then the OT article could be hailed as being correct. If people buy it, then there was an obvious need for it and so the userbase has spoken, no need for people to counter argue for something they obviously dont want.

• Dont recall many complaining about Tomb Raider, which was only a year old at the time of it's next gen release.
  • Lots of complaints about TLOU
  • Not many complaining about GTAV

How about we let the users decide what they want and what they dont want... I am sure Sony will make a very good profit from this game and will sell a fair amount, thus making the point that TLOU Remaster was indeed *Wanted*.

Thanks but I couldn't explained any better.  You really expanded my whole point.

Euphoria14 said:

Could have? Yes, but not with the inclusion of all the DLC.

If it followed the normal trend of GoTY editions with all included DLC it would have been $60, not $50. So compared to what we have seen for the last half decade or so, this is a much better price than normally expected, with more effort put in and at a lower than expected price.

There is literally nothing bad about this re-release other than people bitching for the sake of bitching, as per the norm with gaming forums.

Deus Ex: HR DC was $30 new.

Panama said:
I don't know about other remasters such as Tomb Raider and Metro, but this one was obviously done for the mass of the people that bought into a PS4 and never owned a PS3, which if Sony are telling the truth, would be a lot of people.

It was also done for the greater mass of people who have never played The Last Of Us and are considering a PS4 over an XBone

Burek said:

Actually, the poll doesn't agree with the article. 

Thought it said should. Oops.

spemanig said:
Euphoria14 said:

Could have? Yes, but not with the inclusion of all the DLC.

If it followed the normal trend of GoTY editions with all included DLC it would have been $60, not $50. So compared to what we have seen for the last half decade or so, this is a much better price than normally expected, with more effort put in and at a lower than expected price.

There is literally nothing bad about this re-release other than people bitching for the sake of bitching, as per the norm with gaming forums.

Deus Ex: HR DC was $30 new.

Exception does not make the rule. I could find many more GoTY Editions will all included DLC that cost $60 at release.

The game you mention was obviously of great value when it launched, although I am not sure the original still cost $30-$40 new at that time. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!