Tagged games:

Do you think TLOUR shouldn't Exit?

YES 150 30.99%

NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477
Experimental42 said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope, I took from your post your general attitude towards Sony... which game is greater value is relevant to the person who is buying and subjective... and complaining about one game, but not the other is hypocrite.

No it's not. There was objectively far more effort put into MCC than TLoU HD. If someone is complaining about TLoU HD being a poorly timed cash grab, that offers very slight improvements over the original less than a year later, then that same line of argument doesn't apply to MCC in any remote sense.

And my attitude towards Sony? The attitude that the PS4 is worth owning and the XB1 isn't? Your logic is terrible.

Yeah sure. If you feel like it.doesn't seem small improvements but ok 2x the pixels and framerates, and the models/textures enhancements for basically the same price of TLOU on ps3 is terrible value. Have all games dropped to 20 dollars a year late? Most launch games of PS4 are above 40 right now. But okay if you want to cherrypick conditions for a remaster to be good and others shouldn't even exist.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Exception does not make the rule. I could find many more GoTY Editions will all included DLC that cost $60 at release.

And they'd all be overpriced.

spemanig said:
Euphoria14 said:

Exception does not make the rule. I could find many more GoTY Editions will all included DLC that cost $60 at release.

And they'd all be overpriced.

The market will dictate whether that is true or not.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

AZWification said:

These articles just won't stop coming, will they? >_<

I know! We've had sooo many articles and threads about this. :/ 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DaveyBoy88 said:
DonFerrari said:
DaveyBoy88 sai

No. You did - by posting this piece of nonsense article.

I like XBox, ok, but even I'm sick of terrible journalists trying to clamour for a bit of attention by jumping on the "TLOU on PS4 is bad (for some reason)" bandwagon". It's pathetic and it smells like desperation.

But I guess the gaming journalism standards are about as low as they can be - nevertheless, I'm stating my opinion. This shit has to stop.

Sorry you lost me here.

Your first post was to complain about I bringing Halo MCC on it, but now that you got answers saying the point was brought by the article you decide to complain about the article... so in the end you just don't like that Halo is being put under criticism?

No. I don't like the article, I don't like that you posted it and I don't like that the article (and you) mention Halo.

It's attention seeking and in poor taste and the gaming world is full of it. Is that clear?

Yes I get that I offended you by putting an article that say Halo MCC is criticize and I use my unworthy fingers to type Halo MCC haven't been criticized yet.

If it is attention grabbing and worthless why did you enter the thread? I would bet that you were pleased by the opportunity to bad mouth a ps game, but then got mad that a x1 game is cited. And worst thing is that neither me nor anyone else said anything bad about it here. But your point is clear, don't talk about anything ms in a bad light, reserve that for sony.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
overman1 said:
Burek said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
It would've been good say we saw it 10 years from now. People are still buying the original Last of Us why release a Remastered version

Because many PS4 owners didn't own a PS3. Simple. Yet it takes a dozen threads and thousands of posts to explain it, and people still can't seem to understand that simple sentence.

I guess that is what really burns them; that Sony get fans that would have otherwise stayed or moved to thier favorite console.

How about adding BC for the people who didnt own the previous system then?

Does MS have BC on the Xbox one or is this present on the Wii U too?

Also on a $400 console system with a very expensive GPU?

what next do you want, a gold bar with every pre-orders?

KLXVER said:

How about adding BC for the people who didnt own the previous system then?

People will then bitch and whine about PS4 costing over $500 due to the high price of including the Cell processor and at price the PS4 would also not be having the success it has had so far.

How would you suggest the create a console to run PPC and X86?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

spemanig said:

The Last of Us could have been easily released on the PlayStation Network for $20-$25, but instead it’s been bumped up to 1080p and sold for under $10 less than a brand new title.

And here's the link:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/736583-last-us-remastered-shouldnt-really-exist

Because it DOES deserve the hits. Also, citing. Not using them is plagiarism, which is illegal. And not cool.

EDIT:

Didn't think the poll would agree.

The game would always have to be ported, regardless of putting on PSN or not because it was only designed for PS3.

So they could port it for pennies on the dollar as is hitting 20-30 fps at 720 on the PS3 without DLC. 

Also since your a bit ignorant, I'll make you aware of the Facts: TLOU cost 39.99 on PS, 20.51 is the lowest I've seen on Ebay. TLOUR costs 49.99, the Season Pass is 19.99. So including the DLC in the PS store version already makes it more expensive now, then TLOUR, not to mention those who bought it earlier would be paying close to 80.00. The only thing that is cheaper is the Ebay version but once you include porting and doubling the performance and substantially increasing the resolution, doing all that for mearly 10$ Gross, Naught Dog make even less of that as the developer, and fees go to Sony for publshing, which might be discounted because they are first party, and Retailers.

TlouRE is nearly charity if were being honest.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

overman1 said:

Does MS have BC on the Xbox one or is this present on the Wii U too?

Also on a $400 console system with a very expensive GPU?

what next do you want, a gold bar with every pre-orders?

The WiiU has BC and its the cheapest console...

Euphoria14 said:
DonFerrari said:
Euphoria14 said:
I expect to see bitch fests once Grand Theft Auto V hits. Then I expect bitch fests whenever a re-release of a title comes the year after it releases, like what happened all last gen. Only we whine and cry about it now since what would have normally been a GoTY edition w/ DLC got released on the newer console.

Not being re-released on PS3 and being re-released on PS4 with a few upgrades is the only differences from the norm we have dealt with for the last half decade.

We will have some bitching about Halo MCC from Sony camp... about GTA V maybe a little from both sides because of overrated... but all others will probably have a free pass, but I don't think a remaster will get as much hate as this (even Tomb Raider were already at crazyness overhate).

Maybe I have been seeing a different site, but I haven't noticed constant thread after thread bitching about MCC around VGC for over a month or so BEFORE the game released and after AFTER it released. So why not let us wait for people to btch about before we say the Sony camp will bitch about it. We should also expect to see these journalists bitching about MCC too, right?

I also haven't seen bitching threads about GTAV either, and you won't see me bitch since I chose to avoid GTAV because I knew full well it would re-release, just I knew TLOU would as well since a PS4 version has been a topic of discussion since before the PS3 version even released.

It is like some would rather them have just released nothing at all and said "FU" to anyone who didn't have a PS3 and owns a PS4 now and might have interest in the inevitable sequel. That and people have selective memories.

Yes I agree that we haven't had any thread complaining about both (and shouldn't have since there isn't nothing wrong with them being remastered) other kind of complaints about both games should be analysed case by case.

I will avoidGTA V as I have avoided all previous iterations because they aren't my cup of tea