By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why The Last of Us Remastered Shouldn’t Really Exist

Tagged games:

Do you think TLOUR shouldn't Exit?

YES 150 30.99%

NO 220 45.45%

WHO CARES? 107 22.11%

Total:477

I suppose my problem with the Remastered edition isn't that it exists, but why it exists in the first place. The goal was to give the people who owned a PS4 but not a PS3 the ability to play the game, but this shouldn't even be a problem in the first place. Removal of backwards compatibility is my biggest complaint leveled against current gen consoles.

Around the Network

So, let me get this straight.

Despite being a 'must buy' for new gamers, Sony should not have released the game this year. They should have admitted they have no games, done nothing about it, waited a few years, then launched the title into a far more competitive gaming environment. It would have been the right thing to do.

He also calls the game the biggest PS4 exclusive of 2014 to lend weight to his attempts to disparage the line up of this year, but Infamous launched back in March.

Finally, saying the game should not have been remastered, should have released in digital only format and at a significantly cheaper price is one viewpoint. Personally, I'm happy to pay more for an enhanced looking game, more fitting of my new console experience. I also want the physical copy, thanks.

DonFerrari said:

Nope, I took from your post your general attitude towards Sony... which game is greater value is relevant to the person who is buying and subjective... and complaining about one game, but not the other is hypocrite.

No it's not. There was objectively far more effort put into MCC than TLoU HD. If someone is complaining about TLoU HD being a poorly timed cash grab, that offers very slight improvements over the original less than a year later, then that same line of argument doesn't apply to MCC in any remote sense.

And my attitude towards Sony? The attitude that the PS4 is worth owning and the XB1 isn't? Your logic is terrible.

DonFerrari said:
DaveyBoy88 said:
DonFerrari said:
DaveyBoy88 said:

Why'd you have to bring Halo into this? The Master Chief Collection is on an entirely different level from TLOU. 

I didn't bring Halo on this, the author did... I'm just saying fewer people (and 0 articles) complained about it as a counterpoint for the article. I have no problem with Halo MCC as I think it will bring great value for Halo fans and X1 players;

No. You did - by posting this piece of nonsense article.

I like XBox, ok, but even I'm sick of terrible journalists trying to clamour for a bit of attention by jumping on the "TLOU on PS4 is bad (for some reason)" bandwagon". It's pathetic and it smells like desperation.

But I guess the gaming journalism standards are about as low as they can be - nevertheless, I'm stating my opinion. This shit has to stop.

Sorry you lost me here.

Your first post was to complain about I bringing Halo MCC on it, but now that you got answers saying the point was brought by the article you decide to complain about the article... so in the end you just don't like that Halo is being put under criticism?

No. I don't like the article, I don't like that you posted it and I don't like that the article (and you) mention Halo.

It's attention seeking and in poor taste and the gaming world is full of it. Is that clear?

Sony has the popular console out right now and people are going to nitpick every little thing about it and its games. Someone said it before in this thread, they should of just dropped the remastered part from the title and called it a goty edition.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
DaveyBoy88 said:
DerNebel said:

Read the article.

Why!?

I guarantee that there isn't a single morsel of information or a single new perspective in there that I haven't seen (enough of) before. This is getting old and boring... and pathetic.

You're right, the article is bad, but it's also the article that brings the MCC into this and not the OP.

I guess it's not his fault for posting it then.

*sarcasm alert*

I apologize OP! :) :) :)

*end sarcasm alert*

iceland said:
Well I'm happy it exists :)

Yes and just like how anyone who did not have an XBox and/or XBox360 that might own an XBone should be happy that a great Halo collection is coming their way so early in the gen to get them prepared for the next Halo title, which will of course be on the XBone.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I will never get the reason why the TLoU:R is the current "cancer" of the gaming industry. There was money to be made, there was an audience and there was (what I can only assume) a reasonable demand for it.

The trend of re-leases started well before this, so I genuinely do not see the lasting harm in this. It was pretty early to remaster it but it was the best time for it, while the hype and relevance of the game is still going.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

MTZehvor said:

I suppose my problem with the Remastered edition isn't that it exists, but why it exists in the first place. The goal was to give the people who owned a PS4 but not a PS3 the ability to play the game, but this shouldn't even be a problem in the first place. Removal of backwards compatibility is my biggest complaint leveled against current gen consoles.

The costs to place the Cell and PS3 hardware into the PS4 would make the console not only larger, but much more expensice to produce, we are talking $500+ launch price easy. Doing that was NOT an option. It runs on an entirely different architecture (x86) to boot.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It is beyond obvious that the vast majority of people who complain about thsi remaster have a problem with (even hatred for) Sony. Why?

1. GTA V gets no hate threads. Not only that, but that game has sold like 25m copies and unlike TLOU:R xbox owners did have the chance to play it.

2. No one complains about Game of the Year Editions, which pretty much TLOU:R is (only better). Did editors write articles about Tomb Raider ps4 being a cash grab? No? Why is that?

Anyway, gaming journalism has been and still is all sorts of pathetic. No wonder no one takes it seriously.