By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Nintendo of Canada employee implies that Rayman is a playable character in Smash Bros. Update: Nintendo issues a statement

PattonFiend said:

F*** Rayman. F*** Ubisoft for delaying Rayman and then lying about it's exclusivity. F*** Ubisoft for releasing broken Wii U games with no continued support after release. F*** Ubisoft for giving Nintendo no DLC packs. F*** Ubisoft for delaying Watch Dogs. F*** Ubisoft for having broken online that does not work on Nintendo's consoles yet they charge the same price as the others. F*** Ubisoft for using Aisha Tyler in their demonstrations. F*** Ubisoft for (insert comment here)...

Come on.. You are too harsh with poor Rayman.. :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

My guess is that an employee who is not incredibly knowledgeable had seen the trophy and thought Rayman had been announced as playable. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As for Rayman... I don't think he's big enough to warrant inclusion. Compared to characters like Mega Man, Sonic, and Pacman, he just seems second rate. Third party spots should be reserved for the huge stars and Rayman really isn't on that level.

Of course, if he did wind up with him, I wouldn't be too broken up about it.

tbone51 said:

Nooooooooo!!!!

But Geno in, Rayman fits for SSB but doesn't deserve the spot.

Why? Rayman is a great character and will be a great addition to the roster, if this rumor is true.

mizorefan said:
tbone51 said:

Nooooooooo!!!!

But Geno in, Rayman fits for SSB but doesn't deserve the spot.

Why? Rayman is a great character and will be a great addition to the roster, if this rumor is true.

I dont want people to mistake my post so i'll explain :)

Does Rayman fit well with the SSB Cast? Yes

Is it possible at all for him to be in the game? Yes

Would I mind if he was actually in the game? No, Snake was in the game and i had no problem with that (meaning if he's in, i wont argue).

Does he deserve to be in SSB? No. This is where my argument stands at. Why should Rayman get in over all these missing first parties? Also Rayman isnt in the same boat as Sonic/Megaman/Pacman. Yes Rayman is on Ninty Platforms but overall has no real history with Nintendo.

SRRY but i rather see other third party characters in before him, and even them i dont want in. I mean We didnt get Saki (from Sin+Punishment), Starfy, etc in. (all 1st party characters that represent their own franchises). No way Rayman deserves more than them!

Well, it would make sense, because then they'd have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pacman and Rayman. That's kind of most of the biggest old-school mascots out there, and he'd fit in with the rest of the cast pretty well (unlike that dreadful Snake in Brawl).

Then again, considering Ubisoft's support (or lack thereof) of Nintendo's platforms, especially the whole Rayman Legends debacle... it wouldn't make sense. Nintendo don't have to do it to suck up to Ubisoft for games, 'cos see how that worked out for Metal Gear games on Nintendo systems by including Snake in Brawl. Even with Wii's 100m+ install base, they got nothing.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Who is Rayman?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Moonhero said:
Who is Rayman?

Played by Dustin Hoffman. Also starring Tom Cruise.

Come on, it'd be cool. Rayman would be the first non japanese character, he is essentially the corporate mascot of Ubisoft, his games are all pretty much universally considered good, and ubisoft is one of the few thirs parties that still supports nintendo.

If rayman was in smash would have the mascots of Nintendo, sega, capcom, namco, and Ubisoft. Thats petty cool even if you dont like his games or ubisoft.

Also, im pretty sure every rayman game (except 3:hoodlum havoc has been on a nintendo system.

Hes unique, hes iconic, and he has a strong history with nintendo. Let the limbless legend fight!

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Meh. Would rather have kept Solid Snake.

Soundwave said:
Meh. Would rather have kept Solid Snake.

He was in SSBB, other than that both shouldnt be in SSB imo. Many others deserve it more :)