By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Nintendo of Canada employee implies that Rayman is a playable character in Smash Bros. Update: Nintendo issues a statement

Doubt it, after the way Ubisoft treated wiiU gamers, I highly doubt it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

But the Rayman trophy...

holycow, if its true, ill be disappointed, they are throwing random chars, i want shulk.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

I really hope not, there's plenty of characters that are more deserving of a spot.

i think he just mind-blanked and meant Mega Man.

also i have no idea what this is worth but i have always heard a rumor that Sakurai doesn't want anywhere above 3 third-parties because he doesn't want it to be possible to have a match with 4 different non-Nintendo characters.

Around the Network

God.. Please no...

I think it would be great, but I feel they wouldn't announce him with that random trophy picture.

So I think he won't be playable. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Yep.

He doesn't deserve it. Not him, not Snake, not Bayonetta, not any of the other third party characters. Pac Man, Mega Man, and Sonic. Only they are important enough to grace smash.

random15 said:
tbone51 said:
random15 said:
Clyde32 said:
random15 said:
LMAO look at all these people saying he doesn't deserve it.

He doesn't. 

He is a video game character get over yourself. Plus he is not even confirmed. 

ok lets add in master chief, Kratos, and Wargreymon too?

I would love that very much. Stop acting like being in smash is this big exclusive thing. 

It is.

It literally is.

Like what the hell man, you are literally saying things that are not true.

The creator of Smash literally said 3rd party characters coming in Smash is not high on the list of "gonna happen"

You are funny.

He doesnt deserve it.

spemanig said:
He doesn't deserve it. Not him, not Snake, not Bayonetta, not any of the other third party characters. Pac Man, Mega Man, and Sonic. Only they are important enough to grace smash.

Yeap, them 3 are enough, if we do get one more, the only person atm i see is Geno though its a stretch.

Geno has some things going for him....

1. Kinda a Mario character but is own by Square Enix

2. Geno is up there as one of the most requested characters for SSB (after Sonic, Megaman, and especially Ridley :0)

3. He's Bad *** (Well, thats opinionated lol)

Tht said, i think the 3 we got is enough!