By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Nintendo of Canada employee implies that Rayman is a playable character in Smash Bros. Update: Nintendo issues a statement

tbone51 said:
KLXVER said:
tbone51 said:
random15 said:
LMAO look at all these people saying he doesn't deserve it.

Care to explain  why you think he deserves it?

He has a big history on Nintendo platforms. Not sure why he wouldnt deserve it tbh.

No he doesn't have a big history on Nintendo platforms, There are over 100 characters that deserve to be in before him. Bomberman >>>>> Rayman for example (though Bomberman wont make it). 

Origins and Legends are better sidescrollers then Nintendo could ever come up with. The latest NSMB games pale in comparison...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I wouldn't be mad if Rayman was included, but I would prefer another 1st party character was brought in instead. 3rd party characters can be a nice addition, but I think it's important that they're treated as an exception and not the rule. This game is intended to be a celebration of Nintendo franchises, first and foremost. Nothing to do with the quality of the games, of course, I just see it as being contrary to the type of game Smash Bros. is.

Though like I said, I wouldn't really care if Rayman was included in this game. I've only played a demo of Rayman Origins on the 3DS, and didn't really care for it, but it seems a lot of people like his games, so I wouldn't say game quality has anything to do with it. I just think 3rd party characters included in SSB should either be more iconic (like Pacman or Sonic), or have a long history on Nintendo platforms (Megaman). Rayman doesn't really stand out on this level IMO...it'd be as odd as if Spryo, Crash, or Snake (wink) appeared, despite all having appeared on Nintendo platforms at some point.

But that's just my opinion on him appearing. The actual chances of him being in are anyone's guess. *shrug*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

hunter_alien said:
tbone51 said:
KLXVER said:
tbone51 said:
random15 said:
LMAO look at all these people saying he doesn't deserve it.

Care to explain  why you think he deserves it?

He has a big history on Nintendo platforms. Not sure why he wouldnt deserve it tbh.

No he doesn't have a big history on Nintendo platforms, There are over 100 characters that deserve to be in before him. Bomberman >>>>> Rayman for example (though Bomberman wont make it). 

Origins and Legends are better sidescrollers then Nintendo could ever come up with. The latest NSMB games pale in comparison...

Not really, Tropical Freeze is better than Legends, Rayman is great, but much easier and less satisfying.

The new super mario bros games are made by a B team,the problem with Nintendo is they refuse to treat 2D Mario as a product that deserves the level of polish of 3D Mario, even if 2D Mario sells better. That is something Sean Malstrom complains often about.

hunter_alien said:
tbone51 said:
KLXVER said:

1. Thats opinionated. Yes i like Origins+Legends more than NSMB (all 5 games), but DK Is better in general imo, and I love Kirby More (personal).

2. What does that have to do with SSB? Its not Nintendo IP so how good it is is irrelevant.

hunter_alien said:

I can't speak for Tropical Freeze since I haven't played it, but Legends is indeed the best 2D platformer I've played in ages! Much better than the NSMB games, that's for sure!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Moonhero said:
Who is Rayman?

Played by Dustin Hoffman. Also starring Tom Cruise.

Now I remember. America!

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

tbone51 said:
hunter_alien said:
tbone51 said:
KLXVER said:

1. Thats opinionated. Yes i like Origins+Legends more than NSMB (all 5 games), but DK Is better in general imo, and I love Kirby More (personal).

2. What does that have to do with SSB? Its not Nintendo IP so how good it is is irrelevant.

Staying Nintendo IP only would limit its appeal. IMO they could gather as many outside, 3rd party characters they can get, and Rayman is recognizable. It wouldent help its sales, but it would be a nice bonus, and most gamers do have an affection towards him. Same with Sonic, Bomberman, Snake... hell I would like to see even Nemesis in a SSB game one day

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Nintendo Canada says their Rayman mention for Smash Bros. was in reference to the trophy
Looks like Nintendo is taking the stance that Rayman isn't playable in Smash Bros.. This statement comes from Nintendo of Canada referring to the recent Smash Bros. Wii U demo where a rep mentioned Rayman being in the game.

"In the recent interview in Canada about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Rayman was mentioned, and this was referring to the previously announced Rayman trophy in the game."

Thanks to Nintendo for getting in touch!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234442-nintendo-canada-says-their-rayman-mention-for-smash-bros-was-in-reference-to-the-trophy

coverup?