By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Nintendo of Canada employee implies that Rayman is a playable character in Smash Bros. Update: Nintendo issues a statement

The first Rayman, Rayman 2 the great escape (which was on Nintendo 64 and was released again on 3DS), Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are all great games, like 9/10 or 10/10. Rayman is probably the best platforming franchise after Mario and Donkey Kong.

The only cons I can think of is that the first Rayman and Rayman 3 have never been on a Nintendo console. II, Origins and Legends have obviously been.

Around the Network

There's no way. Rayman just doesn't belong alongside the rest of the roster. He's not iconic, he's not very associated with Nintendo, there's enough 3rd party characters already and they're way more qualified, it's already been said that Sakurai is being very picky about 3rd party characters, and after that bullshit with Rayman Legends, I don't think Ubisoft deserves it. Also, as someone who played the original games, I really despise where the series has gone character design wise. Rayman as he is now is horribly uninteresting. Some might say the same about Mario, and certainly he's a pretty simple character, but Mario is nowhere near as bland and uninteresting as Rayman. The only upside I see is that he's a colorful character aimed at kids and thus doesn't look horribly out of place, but then Snake fit in well enough when he was in, so it's not like that means much. I really hope Rayman isn't in, that would be very disappointing for me.

The only real evidence I can think of in favor of it being true is that supposedly the characters were decided before development started, which might have been before the Rayman delay from Ubisoft.

sidmeiernintifan said:
The first Rayman, Rayman 2 the great escape (which was on Nintendo 64 and was released again on 3DS), Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are all great games, like 9/10 or 10/10. Rayman is probably the best platforming franchise after Mario and Donkey Kong.

The only cons I can think of is that the first Rayman and Rayman 3 have never been on a Nintendo console. II, Origins and Legends have obviously been.

Actually, the first Rayman was ported to the GBC/GBA, while Rayman 3 did come out for the GameCube!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I can't help but smirk at all the comments saying he doesn't deserve it just because Ubisoft took a huge chunk out of the Wii U's forum ammo by making Legends multiplatform.

And not a big franchise? Nikka pls. Yes the market performance for Origins and Legends were sub-standard, but the original Rayman probably had the most impressive legs of any PS1 game ever, here in the UK, it finished ahead of Gran Turismo 1 as the best selling PS1 game, ever.

That all being said, I don't think he'll make it, it does seem a categorically random choice and I feel he would've already been revealed by now. Plus, lest we forget Namco's involvement? A Tekken character could be used as a red herring to coincide with Tekken 7's full reveal.

please no! and no tekken characters they would not fit smash. i would love to see a goron from zelda

Around the Network

F*** Rayman. F*** Ubisoft for delaying Rayman and then lying about it's exclusivity. F*** Ubisoft for releasing broken Wii U games with no continued support after release. F*** Ubisoft for giving Nintendo no DLC packs. F*** Ubisoft for delaying Watch Dogs. F*** Ubisoft for having broken online that does not work on Nintendo's consoles yet they charge the same price as the others. F*** Ubisoft for using Aisha Tyler in their demonstrations. F*** Ubisoft for (insert comment here)...

random15 said:
Clyde32 said:
random15 said:
LMAO look at all these people saying he doesn't deserve it.

He doesn't. 

He is a video game character get over yourself. Plus he is not even confirmed. 

This is a video game forum. So the shock of him being a video game character is over. He does not deserve to be in the game but I suppose it is fine if in. Unless one of the characters who would have returned was sidelined for him. But we won't know until another update or when the game is out.

Maybe by putting Rayman in the game Nintendo are guilt tripping Ubisoft to not entirely abandon the Wii U yet?

Or maybe I drank too much tonight.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

If he is hopefully his unlock requirements are out of they way. Dont want any accidental unlocks or anything.

Loved Rayman. Love the Smash Bros genre but have never owned a smash bros game. TBH, including Rayman might entice people like me into buying. Throw Abe from Abes odysee/ New N Tasty in there and it's sold.

I've owned a game cube, wii, wii U, ps3, ps2, ps1 and PC of course. In order for a multipkayer game to appeal to me, it has to allow for the posibility that my wife and family will like it to. This is a necesitty as I need to actually get time  to play the game. If I'm going to play alone, I'm not going to spend my time on a multiplayer game. MK8 was great for me and my wife and non gamer friends.So was Rayman Legends and now she loves Rayman.

For some reason Rayman would intice me into the Smash Bros arena. It's something new that makes  me feel welcome to an otherwise closed circuit. It is what it is..