By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Feels Like Highway Robbery"

Tagged games:

phaedruss said:
Some people will defend Sony no matter what.

Some people will ask a question and then when it is answered just ignore it since they don't know what to say.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Yes, so an overpriced service is like stealing. There's definitely no logic missing there.

Anyway, if they price it too high, people won't buy. But I doubt Sony are the only ones setting the prices it. Personally, I'm not hugely interested, I still like owning physical games and I don't have the choice anyway given my UK location

highway robbery

noun
robbery committed on a highway against travelers, as by a highwayman.
Informal. a price or fee that is unreasonably high; exorbitant charge.

They can charge 1$ or 100$ for a week for all I care. Never using that service anyway...

phaedruss said:

Yes, some will. But most here aren't defending Sony. We Sony fans mostly agree that it's not a great deal. But it is only an option. If you don't like it just don't use it. That's what I'm doing. How about you?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

"highway robbery"? spending $8 a week to rent a game is robbery? Jesus, I can't imagine what Redbox is then...manslaughter?

In my opinion Sony needs to focus PSNow on older games and make it a subscription service. $60 a year to play all the PSone and PS2 games I want would be great. The issue is that it probably wouldn't financially viable to include PS3 or PS4 games into that mix.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Munkeh111 said:
Yes, so an overpriced service is like stealing. There's definitely no logic missing there.

Anyway, if they price it too high, people won't buy. But I doubt Sony are the only ones setting the prices it. Personally, I'm not hugely interested, I still like owning physical games and I don't have the choice anyway given my UK location

highway robbery

noun

There's clearly a difference between robbery and a high price. The whole point of a robbery is that the money is taken against your will

Guys it's a game STREAMING service not a rental service. They have servers that run the game, and that costs money.

And then you have this in the OP: "e considering that the game can be bought for $6.99 used from GameStop".

Did they really just use USED game price for comparison??

Euphoria14 said:
phaedruss said:

Some people will ask a question and then when it is answered just ignore it since they don't know what to say.

Here I'll answer your moronic "question" here too. Having more services would never ever reduce the number of deals possible.

Munkeh111 said:
gergroy said:
Munkeh111 said:

highway robbery

noun

There's clearly a difference between robbery and a high price. The whole point of a robbery is that the money is taken against your will

ok, but the term highway robbery has a second definition here.. a pretty common one here in the states... As there aren't really robbers on highways anymore...

12 dollars for 30 days ain't bad...