By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Feels Like Highway Robbery"

Tagged games:

vivster said:
Why can't it be free?

You guys are getting too many free things with PS+. Lord Kaz isnt happy. You need to pay for it.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:
Why can't it be free?

You guys are getting too many free things with PS+. Lord Kaz isnt happy. You need to pay for it.

PS+ isn't free. It's an overpriced rental service that cost me 66€ for 2 years. And I have yet to receive any 70€ games for it.

It's a ripoff, that's what it is. You might even say robbery.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yes, so an overpriced service is like stealing. There's definitely no logic missing there.

Anyway, if they price it too high, people won't buy. But I doubt Sony are the only ones setting the prices it. Personally, I'm not hugely interested, I still like owning physical games and I don't have the choice anyway given my UK location

vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:
Why can't it be free?

PS+ isn't free. It's an overpriced rental service that cost me 66€ for 2 years. And I have yet to receive any 70€ games for it.

Ttoal nonsense......50 a year is peanuts for all the games in the last year I got from plus, get a clue.

Last 6 months I got

Resogun

Dead NAtion

Hitman

Borderlands 2

Crysis 3

vanquish

Dead Space 3

Dont starve

AND MORE

WTF have tyou been doing on plus?

mindwrecker said:

Ttoal nonsense......50 a year is peanuts for all the games in the last year I got from plus, get a clue.

Get a sarcasm detector.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:
Why can't it be free?

BMaker11 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Back when we had Blockbuster it was like $8 for 5-days.

Today we have Redbox which is $2/day or $14 for 7-days.

Now $8 for 7-days is bad? Where have people been living where they did not pay attention to rental prices? What did they want, $2 for a week rental?

Logic has no place here! $5 for 4 hours is ALL people will ever use PSNow for. They'll never do $10 for 30 days or $15 for 90. Nope, $5 for 4 hours is the only option available, apparently, so it's a huge rip off

It's quite annoying how not just gamers on forums, but even journalists don't use truths based from reality to put these things in perspective. Instead they make these stupid articles with the intent to stir up shit.

This industry is downright embarassing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Some people will defend Sony no matter what.

vivster said:
Why can't it be free?

Well, from Sony's point of view it cost $380 million to buy GaiKai, so they will be looking for a return on investment.

From the publishers' point of view, of course they wouldn't put full games up for free.

When has it ever been optional to participate in "highway robbery"?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!