By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Feels Like Highway Robbery"

Tagged games:

Euphoria14 said:
Back when we had Blockbuster it was like $8 for 5-days.

Today we have Redbox which is $2/day or $14 for 7-days.

Now $8 for 7-days is bad? Where have people been living where they did not pay attention to rental prices? What did they want, $2 for a week rental?

Yep, people are focusing ont he few more expensive choices and projecting that across the whole service. Many of the prices are cheaper then we ever used to get, sony are looking at betetr models.

Around the Network

You know, just to compare, I had a quick google search for Blockbuster game rental prices (it was a post 6 years old that came up), it is comparable to this as they are both rental services.

Blockbuster for a week of a new game in 2008 was £6 ($9-10). Looking at that price $7 ain't bad. The 4 hours is a rip off, thing they just just remove that option but $7 is a good price for a single game week rental.

Hmm, pie.

Arkaign said:
I love the ps4, but psnow is just stupid IMHO. Of course I'm also someone who would always prefer higher quality to lesser quality, and even a great 100mbit connection is a downgrade from the real thing. Pricing wise it will probably, even certainly improve a lot. Gameplay wise it's going to be not so great.

Spoken like someone speaking from there ass..PS now beat imperssion are excellent....even on slower connections...Higher quality?? Most of the games are older and wre only ever 720p or worse....Gameplay wise it is fine.

Interesting. I just checked GameStop's online store for Dynasty Warriors 7.

"BUY NEW
$24.99
Not Available
Currently unavailable online

BUY PRE-OWNED
$12.99

$11.69
PowerUp Rewards Pro Price"

Now I'm really confused.

Why can't it be free?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Now $8 for 7-days is bad? Where have people been living where they did not pay attention to rental prices? What did they want, $2 for a week rental?

Logic has no place here! $5 for 4 hours is ALL people will ever use PSNow for. They'll never do $10 for 30 days or $15 for 90. Nope, $5 for 4 hours is the only option available, apparently, so it's a huge rip off

No it's the truth. Streaming will always have much higher latency and compression introduces artifacts, that's irrefutable scientific fact. And if you get lag on your connection, goodbye game. It's admirably workable considering the limitations of the internet, but it's definitely not as good as the real thing. Don't make me link to articles that note these exact truths. I'd say the exact same thing if Xbox was doing this, and people around here know I'm pretty damned far from an Xbone fan.

BMaker11 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Logic has no place here! $5 for 4 hours is ALL people will ever use PSNow for. They'll never do $10 for 30 days or $15 for 90. Nope, $5 for 4 hours is the only option available, apparently, so it's a huge rip off

So true, and because PS4 has trounced Xbox and wii-u, they are desperate fro any excuse to be able to teash sony, it's sad.

If you guys dont like it nobody is forcing them to purchase it.

Arkaign said:
No it's the truth. Streaming will always have much higher latency and compression introduces artifacts, that's irrefutable scientific fact. And if you get lag on your connection, goodbye game. It's admirably workable considering the limitations of the internet, but it's definitely not as good as the real thing. Don't make me link to articles that note these exact truths. I'd say the exact same thing if Xbox was doing this, and people around here know I'm pretty damned far from an Xbone fan.

I didn't say quality was equal.....but it is a good option for those who want to try out a game or rent older titles on newer consoles.