By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Feels Like Highway Robbery"

Tagged games:

phaedruss said:
Euphoria14 said:

I responded to your question to another user saying I already answered it for you. That was what I was pointing out to you.

Then what the fuck did you want a response for? Good lord. You lost get over it.

Why did I want a response? You asked a question, it got a response. What then, you just ignore it? Is that how it works? The way it usually goes is that you ask a question, someone answers it for you and then you respond to that.

@Bolded and underlined

Says the guy who is clearly bent out of shape.

Your reaction tells me everything. Enjoy your "victory" pal.

Good day and continue to be angry and yell at me through a keyboard. My lunch break is over.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

EA Access doesn't look so bad anymore does it?

dont worry sony is looking out what is best for there customers

They should of just forget about rental. Subscription all the way.

Prices are definitely something that still need some tweaking, but I hope people realize what Sony is eventually trying to do with this, which is making it possible to stream games to any device with a screen, and who it is really aimed at.

Imagine being able to just stream a PS3 game to your tv for a week (which, lets be honest here, is enough time to clear most non RPGs easily), without having to own another device (well aside from a controller), would that not be worth paying $7-8 to you?

Also one has to always remember that those games being streamed means ongoing costs for Sony, letting you stream a game for 90 days isn't free for them.

Around the Network

I just think the whole renting thing is stupid. They should have just offered a subscription based model where you can access all the games like everyone originally was hoping for.

This PSnow pricing nonsense has to stop. The 4hr and $20 plans are stupid no doubt, and i can't imagine why anyone will want to do those. But the $8-$12 plan for 30 days seems perfect to me. You can beat any game in that much time. And its perfect if you don't own a PS3/PS2 or whatever.

And this will be ven better if that start making PS4 games available for rent like 8-10 months after their release. All that being said, this is all a beta... they will also be testing what kinda pricing gamers want. Unless everyone complaining doesn't know why its called a beta to begin with.

Euphoria14 said:
Back when we had Blockbuster it was like $8 for 5-days.

Today we have Redbox which is $2/day or $14 for 7-days.

Now $8 for 7-days is bad? Where have people been living where they did not pay attention to rental prices? What did they want, $2 for a week rental?

I used to own a video/game rental store.  I also co-owned a skate-park where we rented out equipment.  The overriding philosopy behind renting is that it's a cheaper short-term solution but a more expensive long-term solution than buying new.  This balance of negatives and positives allows both industries to live.  Unfortunately, most people think "what is best for me right now" is the only factor that should exist.  This kind of self-centered entitlement is hard to deal with, as a surprising amount of people are immune to logic.

If I were in charge of pricing for Playstation Now, I'd probably go much the same route.  Cheaper than new but an overall worse value.  Also, anyone asking that it beat the very best used prices can just go out and buy used.  These are the kinds of people who will never factor in time and travel expenses.  Used games have too little related expenses to ever compete with directly.

However, I'd consider getting rid of the 4-hour option, solely for PR purposes.  People have decided it's Evil, even though that's silly.  It's a shame to deprive people of an option just for that but people will keep harping on it.  Why they want to pay a full 7 day rental cost if they only need 2 more hours to beat a game, I don't understand, but that seems to be exactly the case.

DaveyBoy88 said:
EA Access doesn't look so bad anymore does it?

A streamign service with 100 + games and growing to TV's TAblets, PS3's, ps4's vita versus 1 publisher and downlaoding games to your hard drive, yep def the same thing..LMAO>

Azerth said:
dont worry sony is looking out what is best for there customers

An optional streaming service like redbox to TV's, consoles,. tablets.......Is a lot better then trying to destroy gamer rights and ownership like MS no?