By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Feels Like Highway Robbery"

Tagged games:

Remember it's still in beta. Things can and will change according to feedback. I think some of the weekly and even a few of the monthly prices are OK. Honestly, I have bought games at full price that I finished and never touched again. Granted, that's partly my fault but a system like this can work well for me. Rent the game for a week or a month and finish it.

A subscription service is coming which should be better. They should also add a rent to own system. The service is still very young and will improve over time. Just keep sending your feedback to Sony!

Around the Network
Xeon said:
Remember it's still in beta. Things can and will change according to feedback. I think some of the weekly and even a few of the monthly prices are OK. Honestly, I have bought games at full price that I finished and never touched again. Granted, that's partly my fault but a system like this can work well for me. Rent the game for a week or a month and finish it.

A subscription service is coming which should be better. They should also add a rent to own system. The service is still very young and will improve over time. Just keep sending your feedback to Sony!

SHH let them hate, they have not had much esle to absh Soyn about latetly...Logic not allowed.

Well despite the sensationalization of the article PS Now isn't the best deal out there. It definitely isn't as good as EA Access or game rental services in the UK but I'm sure it will find an audience with those too lazy to look for a better deal or wait.

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
They should of just forgot about rental. Subscription all the way.

$15 per month and play what you want, when you want.   That would be a very good deal imo.

although its last gen only isnt it... make it $10 per month.

Yeah could bea  good way to go, cannot see them totalyl gettign rid of per gaem prices though, some people might only want 1-2 games and not want a sub permanetly.

I just came here too see all those Sony fans defending this because Sony is doing it.
Prices are way overpriced and if you're ok with them then you simply are blind. You can use gamefly for lower the price and still get newly released games for cheaper. Heck EA's plan is a lot better.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
Headshot said:
Well despite the sensationalization of the article PS Now isn't the best deal out there. It definitely isn't as good as EA Access or game rental services in the UK but I'm sure it will find an audience with those too lazy to look for a better deal or wait.

HUH? Laughably stupid...What rental service is cheaper the  7.99 a week?

EA acces sis garbage, 5 games from 1 publisher 1 platform.. This is Tablets, TV's, Consoles. and 130 + games already.

MentalChasim said:
DaveyBoy88 said:
EA Access doesn't look so bad anymore does it?

A streamign service with 100 + games and growing to TV's TAblets, PS3's, ps4's vita versus 1 publisher and downlaoding games to your hard drive, yep def the same thing..LMAO>

With both, you pay with money. With both, you get games.

Sony said EA Access is bad value.

So I'm talking ONLY value here. EA Access is BETTER VALUE than PSNow without a doubt. How can you dispute this?

Am I comparing the services? NO! I'm comparing the VALUE of the services, because that's what SONY SAID was wrong with EA Access. And now I'm saying the VALUE of PSNow is terrible.

Do you understand? (your LMAO is not warranted)

The 4 hour option should be 1 day with an hour long demo provided for free. Also, the prices are clearly too high; the service needs content from the PS1 and PS2; and there needs to be a subscription option. Overall, it's a very promising idea but Sony has a long way to go before it appeals to me.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
I just came here too see all those Sony fans defending this because Sony is doing it.
Prices are way overpriced and if you're ok with them then you simply are blind. You can use gamefly for lower the price and still get newly released games for cheaper. Heck EA's plan is a lot better.

Umm gamefly is about the same 7.99 for 1 week, 12 a month is godo, HERP DERP moron.

Ea is betetr??? lMAO 5 games from 1  publisher versus 130 games I can stream to my tablet, TV, console, vitas?? geta  clue clown.

DaveyBoy88 said:
MentalChasim said:
DaveyBoy88 said:
EA Access doesn't look so bad anymore does it?

A streamign service with 100 + games and growing to TV's TAblets, PS3's, ps4's vita versus 1 publisher and downlaoding games to your hard drive, yep def the same thing..LMAO>

With both, you pay with money. With both, you get games.

Sony said EA Access is bad value.

So I'm talking ONLY value here. EA Access is BETTER VALUE than PSNow without a doubt. How can you dispute this?

Am I comparing the services? NO! I'm comparing the VALUE of the services, because that's what SONY SAID was wrong with EA Access. And now I'm saying the VALUE of PSNow is terrible.

Do you understand? (your LMAO is not warranted)

EA access is a joke of old agmes from 1 publisher on 1 platform, this is miles ahead in tech and content....I can stream games to multiple devices, not even close. EA access is good for about 5 games right now..useless.