By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
Chris Hu said:
Metallox said:
Incredible how Atlanta is in the hunt with only six wins lol

I think San Diego is not going to make it against Kansas City.

I'm hoping San Diego makes it.  They definetly could go to Indianapolis, Pittsburg or Cincinnati and knock out the Colts, Steelers or Bengals.

I hope so, but the Chiefs seem to be pretty much at a similar level, and they have the advantage of playing at home. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Chris Hu said:
Metallox said:
Incredible how Atlanta is in the hunt with only six wins lol

I think San Diego is not going to make it against Kansas City.

I'm hoping San Diego makes it.  They definetly could go to Indianapolis, Pittsburg or Cincinnati and knock out the Colts, Steelers or Bengals.

I hope so, but the Chiefs seem to be pretty much at a similar level, and they have the advantage of playing at home. 

The way the Colts played today I'm thinking that any team that plays there in two weeks has a pretty good chance of winning there.

Well, as I said when making predictions, if Eagles don't win both remaining games, they don't deserve to go to playoffs. Terrible showing at DC just put them in place. They had some good games, but many wins were a heartattack away from a loss. And several losses (this one, 49ers, Seahawks) were just embarassing.
I am and will always be an Eagles fan, and of course I will always pick them to win games and go all the way to the SB, but many teams showed much better football and deserve to be ahead of them.

I still have my 2nd favorite team, Falcons, alive, and I expect them to win next week, and even beat #5 seed (Cardinals, I presume).

Guess next week is the first time I will not watch an Eagles game this year. Depending on the schedule, there is bound to be one game with playoff implications in their time slot (Panthers @ Falcons?). And my guess is Lions @ Packers for the night game...

As far as prediction league goes, without checking the spreadsheet for competition, 10 wins this week so far guarantees me a playoff spot, and at least without Eagles I will not crash and burn with them... Lots if excitement ahead...

Wow @ that dirty Lions play. That's just disgusting

Burek said:
Well, as I said when making predictions, if Eagles don't win both remaining games, they don't deserve to go to playoffs. Terrible showing at DC just put them in place. They had some good games, but many wins were a heartattack away from a loss. And several losses (this one, 49ers, Seahawks) were just embarassing.
I am and will always be an Eagles fan, and of course I will always pick them to win games and go all the way to the SB, but many teams showed much better football and deserve to be ahead of them.

I still have my 2nd favorite team, Falcons, alive, and I expect them to win next week, and even beat #5 seed (Cardinals, I presume).

Guess next week is the first time I will not watch an Eagles game this year. Depending on the schedule, there is bound to be one game with playoff implications in their time slot (Panthers @ Falcons?). And my guess is Lions @ Packers for the night game...

As far as prediction league goes, without checking the spreadsheet for competition, 10 wins this week so far guarantees me a playoff spot, and at least without Eagles I will not crash and burn with them... Lots if excitement ahead...

The Sunday Night game will be the Steelers versus the Bengals since its just as important as the Panthers versus Falcons game.  The winner will win the division.  Both teams could be in the playoffs regardless of who wins if the Bengals win against the Broncos tomorrow.  

Around the Network

I've never been so happy with 6 losses in a week.

MTZehvor said:
I've never been so happy with 6 losses in a week.

A thousand curses upon you.

Bengals better perform tonight
if they win there in the playoffs as a wc or possibly a afc division leader
Kikc those horses asses bengals :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Lets go Broncos!!!! Get that first round bye

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Lets go Bengals!!!! Get to the playoffs!

fixed

qand patriots will be 1 seed

its pretty much given

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3