By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448129/article/dominic-raiola-suspended-one-game-following-stomp

Hmmm only suspended one game, ah well at least it's something.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448129/article/dominic-raiola-suspended-one-game-following-stomp

Hmmm only suspended one game, ah well at least it's something.

I'm actually kind of surprised, given the things he did in the Pats game (2 punches...chop block was cheap, but not illegal), he's clearly earned it.

FatedReality said:
I'll predict the 8 divisions in one big post and make my other predictions later on

AFC East
1.) Patriots
2.) Dolphins
3.) Jets
4.) Bills

AFC North
1.)Bengals
2.) Steelers
3.) Browns
4.)Ravens

AFC South
1.) Colts
2.) Texans
3.)Titans
4.) Jaguars

AFC West
1.) Broncos
2.) Chargers
3.) Chiefs
4.) Raiders

NFC East
1.) Eagles
2.) Giants
3.) Redskins
4.) Cowboys

NFC North
1.) Lions
2.) Packers
3.)Bears
4.) Vikings

NFC South
1.) Saints
2.) Panthers
3.) Buccaneers
4.) Falcons

NFC West
1.) Seahawks
2.) 49ers
3.) Cardinals
4.) Rams

Kekekekekekekeke :D

I do think the NYG have plenty to be proud of in terms of righting the ship. If you look purely at the 2nd half of their season, they clearly are making strides to move forward in a positive manner. The right offseason moves can have them easily fighting for a division title depending on what the Cowboys and Eagles do. The Redskins are in too much of a mess to be expected to be more than .500 imho, but those draft picks can help as long as they don't completely bungle them.

VanceIX said:
NobleTeam360 said:

You have more faith in the Cowboys than I do lol @ Vance

I know, I just don't feel like the Eagles or Giants will be anything special this year. I doubt the Cowboys will be a great team overall, but I think they have a good chance of winning the division.

You are a win.

[I am bumping old posts for the lol and/or interesting factors now that we basically know the extent of the regular season]

Burek said:
My Eagles look poised to win this division, and Nick Foles will continue his upward trajectory and become a dominant QB in this division of annual disappointment. Jackson is gone, but Sproles' arrival should open up chances to the remaining receiving corps, and with Ma lin, Cooper and Celek hopefully healthy, Eagles should run up the score quickly on most of the opponents.
Manning, Griffin and Romo will all struggle mightily, and I don't see any of those 3 teams being a .500 club, but that also means that mistakes in divisional matches will determine the final standings.
I place Redskins second, because Cousins can take over midseason once Griffin runs himself to the ground.

1. Philadelphia
2. Washington
3. New York
4. Dallas

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN :D This is upside-down land :D

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
Brackets :

AFC East - NE MIA NYJ BUF
AFC North - BAL CLE PIT CIN
AFC South - HOU IND JAC TEN
AFC West - DEN KC SD OAK
NFC East - DAL PHI WAS NYG
NFC North - GB CHI MIN DET
NFC South - NO ATL CAR TB
NFC West - SEA SF STL AR

AFC Playoff NE BAL HOU DEN KC MIA
NFC Playoff DAL GB NO SEA PHI SF
AFC Div Playoff DEN NE HOU KC
NFC Div Playoff DAL PHI NO SEA
AFC Champ DEN NE
NFC Champ SEA NO
XB XLIX NE SEA
Winner SEA

LOL I think a lot of this is not far off, but I overrated NO, SF, PHI, BAL, and KC pretty good. I think I'll end up dead-on with the SB being SEA vs. NE though. A few others got the exact same result. GB or DAL has a shot at slowing down that train. DET and whoever else ends up in the NFC picture is just not at the same level.

DEN is a fine team, but I think NE has the advantage now. Foxboro is going to be a reckoning ground in the AFC just like the Seahawks should be favored to grind opponents out at home. DAL travels well, so I think they have an honest chance. GB could do great if they can get home field somehow wrestled away. Not sure if that's mathmatically possible at this point. I still wouldn't count them out by any stretch, I think they're capable of shaking the road demons. After all, Dallas shook off their home-field demons.

Feel free to point and laugh at some of my hilariously off pre-season picks :D

Sincerely, your excessive thread-bumping multi-posting lunatic :)

Finally I have a great week and can possibly get first! It's between Rol and I, I hope the game ends up being close XP

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Arkaign said:
FatedReality said:
I'll predict the 8 divisions in one big post and make my other predictions later on

AFC East
1.) Patriots
2.) Dolphins
3.) Jets
4.) Bills

AFC North
1.)Bengals
2.) Steelers
3.) Browns
4.)Ravens

AFC South
1.) Colts
2.) Texans
3.)Titans
4.) Jaguars

AFC West
1.) Broncos
2.) Chargers
3.) Chiefs
4.) Raiders

NFC East
1.) Eagles
2.) Giants
3.) Redskins
4.) Cowboys

NFC North
1.) Lions
2.) Packers
3.)Bears
4.) Vikings

NFC South
1.) Saints
2.) Panthers
3.) Buccaneers
4.) Falcons

NFC West
1.) Seahawks
2.) 49ers
3.) Cardinals
4.) Rams

Kekekekekekekeke :D

I do think the NYG have plenty to be proud of in terms of righting the ship. If you look purely at the 2nd half of their season, they clearly are making strides to move forward in a positive manner. The right offseason moves can have them easily fighting for a division title depending on what the Cowboys and Eagles do. The Redskins are in too much of a mess to be expected to be more than .500 imho, but those draft picks can help as long as they don't completely bungle them.

OHHH GOD! This is just embarrassing I didn't even get one division 100% right XP! Man was I wayyyyyyyy off with my own divison! To be honest I wasn't expecting much from the Cowboys, but I think they proved most wrong! They are having a great season a deserve the division title this year.

Ohhh yeah and I picked the Saints to go to the superbowl.... LOL 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

LOL Well I actually think your AFC picks were really good. The NFC picks aren't a complete disaster, and I don't think most people predicted :

49ers complete meltdown
Saints complete meltdown
Cowboys beast mode
Cardinals beast mode (now tailing off badly)
Rams hot streak
Bills competency

:)

The off-season will be really interesting to watch! I feel like the post-season here is nearly spoiled.

Dallas will beat Detroit in Dallas
Arizona will probably get beat by the NFC South wild-card team

Dallas will go to Seattle and who knows, but Seattle would be favored
The NFC South Wild-card team will go to GB and get pwnt

Then GB would have to go to Seattle, and they haven't traveled well this year. The winner of that would go forth and fight the Patriots. I can't see much of a scenario now where the AFC isn't represented by the Pats. I feel like Seattle would crush them, but not super confident that GB would do the same. Who knows though.

well look at that
pick 6 then jeremy hill runs a 85 yd td XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3