By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 going the wrong direction?

DialgaMarine said:
I'm take a wild guess that you copied a bunch of disgruntled Xbox fan comments from N4G as well as some MisterXMedia statements, picked your favorites, and created a list with them that you treat as "facts". It doesn't exactly make you look intelligent to say the top performing console is doing bad, when your favorite one is doing the worst. I digress. With all these threads you create, I'd say the PS4's success is really bothering you. I think you need a hug.

We should put all the points of OP in the chalkboard... or maybe even put "Toastboy evangelion" on the chalkboard (joking, you know I love your threads toast, even disagreeing 90%+ with them, they are entertaining).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DarkD said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DarkD said:

Ok first look at DonFerrari's posts...  That is what I meant by villianizing microsoft....  

I don't give a damn at what DonFerrari said, I'm responding to you.

I'm not gonna respond to the rest because it sounds more like you don't understand the english and are misreading it somewhere...  

You don't have to lie, you cannot respond because you are wrong, and you refuse to admit it. Otherwise, you would've explained how I misread it if this is truly the case. Not to mention, only six was in response to the claim you said I misread. 1-5, where other stupid things you said such as: a winning console should be sold out, Microsoft was villianized, the Wii winning ruined Nintendo's reputation and doomed the Wii U, that the Wii U is gaining traction because the XB1 and PS4 are faltering(Despite the fact that the not only all increased in sales and the Wii U sold more on the holiday of its release then last holiday), and that the Wii U would fail out of the gate (Irrelevant because they had a full year BY THEMSELVES TO FIX IT), all of which are obvious lies.

Perhaps, I should go easier on you, you've clearly shown you cannot handle this kind of blantant exposure. At the same time, I'm not known for pulling any punches, and I already told you to give it up, and you still doggedly go on like you are on some righteous holy war, a knight in shining armor, valiantly charging into the Console Wars, failing to realize that your armor has rusted on the inside, your horse is old and sickly, and your sword is made of cardboard.

I've been responding to this thread for like an hour now....  your comment was rude and didn't even make any sense, so I said to hell with it, I'm not dealing with you.  

See this is the part where I call you out for refusing to actually respond, and I get banned for flaming or whatever, but you know what this time, I'm not going to do that. Instead, continue to blantalty disregard my responses because I already know that you have no sensible retort.

And I will continue to quote you, not for your benefit any longer, but for the benefit of those who are reading your lies, and arguing with you realize that you are purposely blinding your self to facts, deafening yourself to reason, and locking your self in your misguided and uniformed beliefs.

When you say ludicrously false things like the PS4 and XB1 are faltering, when they are outselling their predecessors at the same point in time, readers are at least aware that you are less credible then sites like the fool.com or the onion.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I do not second the statements regarding lack of updates. PS4 is just fine at the moment.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DarkD said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DarkD said:

Ok first look at DonFerrari's posts...  That is what I meant by villianizing microsoft....  

I don't give a damn at what DonFerrari said, I'm responding to you.

I'm not gonna respond to the rest because it sounds more like you don't understand the english and are misreading it somewhere...  

You don't have to lie, you cannot respond because you are wrong, and you refuse to admit it. Otherwise, you would've explained how I misread it if this is truly the case. Not to mention, only six was in response to the claim you said I misread. 1-5, where other stupid things you said such as: a winning console should be sold out, Microsoft was villianized, the Wii winning ruined Nintendo's reputation and doomed the Wii U, that the Wii U is gaining traction because the XB1 and PS4 are faltering(Despite the fact that the not only all increased in sales and the Wii U sold more on the holiday of its release then last holiday), and that the Wii U would fail out of the gate (Irrelevant because they had a full year BY THEMSELVES TO FIX IT), all of which are obvious lies.

Perhaps, I should go easier on you, you've clearly shown you cannot handle this kind of blantant exposure. At the same time, I'm not known for pulling any punches, and I already told you to give it up, and you still doggedly go on like you are on some righteous holy war, a knight in shining armor, valiantly charging into the Console Wars, failing to realize that your armor has rusted on the inside, your horse is old and sickly, and your sword is made of cardboard.

I've been responding to this thread for like an hour now....  your comment was rude and didn't even make any sense, so I said to hell with it, I'm not dealing with you.  

See this is the part where I call you out for refusing to actually respond, and I get banned for flaming or whatever, but you know what this time, I'm not going to do that. Instead, continue to blantalty disregard my responses because I already know that you have no sensible retort.

And I will continue to quote you, not for your benefit any longer, but for the benefit of those who are reading your lies, and arguing with you realize that you are purposely blinding your self to facts, deafening yourself to reason, and locking your self in your misguided and uniformed beliefs.

When you say ludicrously false things like the PS4 and XB1 are faltering, when they are outselling their predecessors at the same point in time, readers are at least aware that you are less credible then sites like the fool.com or the onion.

You don't give a damn about what I say T.T

Sorry cone, I kept it about the 3 quotes to have all the message, please don't kill me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

DarkD said:

Sony and Microsoft aren't anywhere close to where they should be sales wise.  The winning console should be sold out pretty much for the whole of the first year.  That's just basic history for games consoles.  

pulled from ass, being sold out is a terrible position to be in, basic economics 1 o 1. The PS3 was basically sold out for its first year as well.

DarkD said:

Fourthly,

People instantly villianized Microsoft at that moment.  

Why would people get mad at attempted screwing over.

Nintendo was dead from the get-go..  

Fifth of all,

Making the Wii the winner of the last console generation had already soured much of Nintendo's reputation.  

This is unsubstainated bull.

Sixthly,

They didn't stand a chance no matter what they released.  They're gaining back some traction now that Sony and Microsoft are tripping up all over the place.  

You told me to reread this post, but It seems to me you don't even understand what you've said. I said they released a year earlier so their was no excuse. Not to mention, that the claim that the Wii U is gaining traction now that it has competion which is not only silly, but blatantly false

You want a response well fine.  I answered the first bit already which you said you don't care about so whatever...  

Killinger said "being sold out is a terrible position to be in"

That's just wrong....  Who are you Atari?  Maker of E.T.?  They made 10 million copies of the game when they only had like 7 million consoles sold or something...   I shouldn't have to explain that publishers try not to release a massive amount of something right away because it could backfire on them.  

Killinger said: "This is unsubstainated bull." about people's impressions of Wii U being soured from their experiences with Wii

Its a conclusion I drew...  It's as good as any other.  Sony draws them too yea know...  They are just as unsubstantiated as this one is.  The only difference is that people treat conclusions from Sony as gospel.

Killinger said: " that the claim that the Wii U is gaining traction now that it has competion which is not only silly, but blatantly false"

The Wii U started out badly because as I said before, people were upset over the Wii, casuals weren't buying into the new console, only hardcore Nintendo fans were still buying it.  Another reason for my conclusion is that people had impossible delusions of what the other two consoles were going to be.  

Most of the people on this forum didn't even believe Sony's own statements saying that the graphical leap would be smaller this time around.  When it was finally released people all over the place couldn't stop saying "the pc can do better, wth is this" and such.  This was what I was talking about.  People started to snap back to reality.  

The other delusion people have been having is that Sony is gonna bring some huge catalogue of games from a variety of genres.  I concluded that this is wrong.  Games are more expensive to develop so they are cutting back more.  There's also more competition, iPhone, Steam, Indie games, smart phone games, web games, etc.  Based on all of this I have concluded that Sony isn't going to have nearly as great of a release lineup as people think Sony will.  

Now as my conclusions are proving true,  I have drawn another conclusion out of my head.  Wii U will gain traction as the other two deflate their own bloated images.  

Is it provable?  No its a theory I've drawn.  What you don't seem to realize is that everything on this thread is a theory, mine just aren't following the mainstream BS line of thought.  

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DonFerrari said:

=]

And actually his answer to you have nothing from what he was answering to me... or any other post in this thread so I don't know why he was so hell bent in not giving it... at least he assume his conclusion is from trying to link the dots (even if badly made), he at least know it isn't necessary truth and isn't trying to pass it as that, some people here try that... but took me like 2h to make he say that. You are more efficient.

Now I'm of to bed. 3h45 here.

DonFerrari said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DonFerrari said:

=]

And actually his answer to you have nothing from what he was answering to me... or any other post in this thread so I don't know why he was so hell bent in not giving it... at least he assume his conclusion is from trying to link the dots (even if badly made), he at least know it isn't necessary truth and isn't trying to pass it as that, some people here try that... but took me like 2h to make he say that. You are more efficient.

I was hell bent on not giving it because he asked it in a confusing mess of a post.  I have been re-explaining the same thing with no results for how long now, and I'm getting tired now.  I honestly didn't realize that you didn't know it was a theory...   I thought that was implied.  

DarkD said:

You want a response well fine.  I answered the first bit already which you said you don't care about so whatever...  

Well that way I can help correct you.

Killinger said "being sold out is a terrible position to be in"

That's just wrong....  Who are you Atari?  Maker of E.T.?  They made 10 million copies of the game when they only had like 7 million consoles sold or something...   I shouldn't have to explain that publishers try not to release a massive amount of something right away because it could backfire on them.  

Not only is that completely irrelevant, but it shows you have little understand of supply and demand. Atari made too much supply and there was not enough demand so they lost money. When Demand outstrips supply, money is also lost because sales are lost.

The ideal is Demand perfectly meeting Supply, the most ammount of profit is made. Why do you think XB1 won DEC NPD? The PS4 had no supply and it lost all of the sales and money it would've made if it actually had supply.

Killinger said: "This is unsubstainated bull." about people's impressions of Wii U being soured from their experiences with Wii

Its a conclusion I drew...  It's as good as any other.

From what evidence? Please present so I can know how and what you drew your conclusions from, its unsubstantated because your evidence is missing.

Sony draws them too yea know...  They are just as unsubstantiated as this one is.  The only difference is that people treat conclusions from Sony as gospel.

What claims are you talking about? 

Killinger said: " that the claim that the Wii U is gaining traction now that it has competion which is not only silly, but blatantly false"

The Wii U started out badly because as I said before, people were upset over the Wii, casuals weren't buying into the new console, only hardcore Nintendo fans were still buying it.  Another reason for my conclusion is that people had impossible delusions of what the other two consoles were going to be.  

Except on the graph I posted, the Wii U's launch was the highest's its sales have been overall.

Most of the people on this forum didn't even believe Sony's own statements saying that the graphical leap would be smaller this time around.

Add some specifics, what platforms for example, in which statements do claim they said this.

When it was finally released people all over the place couldn't stop saying "the pc can do better, wth is this" and such.  This was what I was talking about.  People started to snap back to reality.  

Ok...So you've made the previous two points up.

The other delusion people have been having is that Sony is gonna bring some huge catalogue of games from a variety of genres.  

Why is this a delusion? Every PlayStation console has had a significant catalogue of games numbering in the thousands.

I concluded that this is wrong.  You do realize the following evidence doesn't support your conclusion.

Games are more expensive to develop so they are cutting back more.  

First of all this is true across the entire industry, not to mention that PlayStation has a number of 1st part development studios and sufficient third party support, if anything of all the eight gen consoles, the PS4 is poised to have the widest catalogue as the Wii U's third party support is MIA and the XB1's lack of international appeal means that its going to miss out on games that aren't western centric/developed at best their will be parity on mutliplat support. There is no reason this would only occur to the PS4.

There's also more competition, iPhone, Steam, Indie games, smart phone games, web games, etc.  Based on all of this I have concluded that Sony isn't going to have nearly as great of a release lineup as people think Sony will.  

This makes zero sense, Mobile and PC games are on platforms that hardly compete with solely the PS4, indies are a type of game that the ironically the PS4 was notable for having, web games are just browser based PC games.

Now as my conclusions are proving true,  I have drawn another conclusion out of my head.  Wii U will gain traction as the other two deflate their own bloated images.  

You aren't concluding anything, you are making up opinions and not even bothered to find evidence to support them. You claim that these opinions are true when they aren't even false just silly anti-sony babble.