By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 going the wrong direction?

Theory: you are wrong

Proof:

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Killinger said "From what evidence? Please present so I can know how and what you drew your conclusions from, its unsubstantated because your evidence is missing."

This is where I start to doubt your english because are you saying that people had a good impression of the Wii?  You know the console that brought us Wii Fit?

Nonsequitor. Asking for evidence is competely unrelated to claiming that the impression of the Wii was positive, which I never said. Furthermore, according to this site Wii Sports was the most "sold" game of all time brought to you by the Wii.

Everything I stated there so obvious that it's implied.  

My original statement was that the Wii U's sales were hurt because the Wii gave it a stigma.  There is no arguing this.  Even if the Wii was considered the most awesome console of all time, this statement would still apply because there is always some sort of a stigma associated with a brand.  "The games were all like this" "The company did that" etc.  

You are a broken record, you argue things which you've been proven wrong about....  This statement can actually be taken as fact because its not possible for something not to have some sort of a stigma.  Therefore you are wrong.  Conclusion ended.

and using this as evidence of your having a habit of being wrong, I further state that everything you say is also wrong.  

Around the Network
DarkD said:

Theory: you are wrong

Proof:

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Killinger said "From what evidence? Please present so I can know how and what you drew your conclusions from, its unsubstantated because your evidence is missing."

This is where I start to doubt your english because are you saying that people had a good impression of the Wii?  You know the console that brought us Wii Fit?

Nonsequitor. Asking for evidence is competely unrelated to claiming that the impression of the Wii was positive, which I never said. Furthermore, according to this site Wii Sports was the most "sold" game of all time brought to you by the Wii.

Everything I stated there so obvious that it's implied.  

My original statement was that the Wii U's sales were hurt because the Wii gave it a stigma.  There is no arguing this.  Even if the Wii was considered the most awesome console of all time, this statement would still apply because there is always some sort of a stigma associated with a brand.  "The games were all like this" "The company did that" etc.  

You are a broken record, you argue things which you've been proven wrong about....  This statement can actually be taken as fact because its not possible for something not to have some sort of a stigma.  Therefore you are wrong.  Conclusion ended.

and using this as evidence of your having a habit of being wrong, I further state that everything you say is also wrong.  

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

DarkD said:
overman1 said:

If sony is dead, then I definitely dont know "the state" MS or Nintendo is in right now. lol

Fans are making up the slack? how exactly? by buying their console? 

isnt that the only way fan can vote for their prefered console?

sounds like you are very bitter....and I see you on a lot of Sony-hate thread....

Sony isn't dead, it's on life support.  Even now analysts still think its 50-50 that Sony just up and declares bankruptcy or sells everything in the next couple of years.  That atmosphere is bad for the consumer.  It's better to just let it go at that point.    

I'm bitter because I have to deal with bad and redundant arguments for this stuff.  For starters, everything you asked about, you should be able to answer yourself from the previous posts.

Until it happens, I think you had best just be quiet, as you are coming across as someone who sounds extremely bitter that Sony is selling more than a console you would like to be in front.

For a company that is going out of business they can still make a console and support it better than a company that has billions in the bank... that should tell you everything you need to know about which the better games company is. Support who you like, but don't mock others or be a dick because people prefer another console.

As for being dead, they well maybe in their current form, but with Playstation killing MS so far in sales, and PS+ stealing lots of customers from Gold, I think the gaming arm will be posting some very impressive figures over the next few years. Sony have played a blinder this gen, and they will be rewarded for it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The use of "theory" here is as good as "globally in America". When you say since it is a theory it can't be proved and leave at that you are failling so much it not even funny... If you want to say it is speculation or opinion ok.

But a theory to be accepted as theory it must hold it own weight, provide substance and not be refuted... Gravitacional Theory or any other decent theory is "accepted as truth" until a better theory come to disprove the previous one. So if you want to hold your "conclusions" to the same standards of ''THEORIES" then you better work better. At best your points could be assumptions, and then your conclusions would be "theories", but since your assumptions is either false or weak your theorie is false (your opinion otherwise is ok, since you have a right to have any opinion without being called wrong).

And about Henri English... if you can understand my english (I'm brazilian) I see no reason to not understand his, since even I can. Words you aren't used to see isn't broken english, just more cult.

To entretain the thread, a definion of webster for theory. In none of the items I found the way DarkD use theories. The hard part here weren't to know that you were basing all on opinion and spining the facts to fit, but just that you think your opinion = facts them your conclusions on those opinions = theories... because to do that without you saying would be a fallacy.

Full Definition of THEORY

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
: abstract thought : speculation
: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art
a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory
: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena
a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : conjecture
c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject
See theory defined for English-language learners »
See theory defined for kids »

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

To conclude the issue... Sony posted 240M+ net profit this quarter, and games alone put 40M+ net profit... So I would say their gaming division is health enough to bring the goodies... If Sony having 5y of loss on PS3 provided so many great content I'm to believe that they profiting will also bring the goodies, because they really need the PS4 to do great so it can help their bottomline... Companies struggling, generally brings more to the table than the ones that are comfortable and complacent.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:

Actually in reality The Dr. has been right the entire time, and frankly it's been amusing seeing him artfully prove his points accurate and the points of DarkD( the D must stand for detached ) to be completely irrational,false, and absolutely, and unequivocally wrong.

He did such a masterful job in fact that he deserves this 

Also I believe DarkD may have just successfully stolen the title of biggest fool from The Drill. An impressive feat sir I applaud you for that as well.

Everytime his name comes up, I cant help but lol!!

oh Drills, good times...good times..

DonFerrari said:
The use of "theory" here is as good as "globally in America". When you say since it is a theory it can't be proved and leave at that you are failling so much it not even funny... If you want to say it is speculation or opinion ok.

But a theory to be accepted as theory it must hold it own weight, provide substance and not be refuted... Gravitacional Theory or any other decent theory is "accepted as truth" until a better theory come to disprove the previous one. So if you want to hold your "conclusions" to the same standards of ''THEORIES" then you better work better. At best your points could be assumptions, and then your conclusions would be "theories", but since your assumptions is either false or weak your theorie is false (your opinion otherwise is ok, since you have a right to have any opinion without being called wrong).

And about Henri English... if you can understand my english (I'm brazilian) I see no reason to not understand his, since even I can. Words you aren't used to see isn't broken english, just more cult.

To entretain the thread, a definion of webster for theory. In none of the items I found the way DarkD use theories. The hard part here weren't to know that you were basing all on opinion and spining the facts to fit, but just that you think your opinion = facts them your conclusions on those opinions = theories... because to do that without you saying would be a fallacy.

b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory
: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

Wrong

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_theory_and_opinion

A theory is supported by evidence doesn't matter how little, and its a theory.

an opininon can be based solely on gut instinct.  

Opinion example "I hate this thread"

Theory example "because of A B and C; therefor, this."

A theory doesn't have to support any weight.  It just has to have something backing it up.  Nothing has to be proven, nothing has to be definite, it just has to be based on something that points in that general direction.  

So exactly where does my theory lack evidence.  I can say I have a theory that this website is going to be shutdown tomorrow.  Which I don't, but there are slight amounts of evidence that could be used to formulate a theory.  Opinion would be "this website sucks" or "this website is awesome." 

from http://hiccupingthoughts.blogspot.ca/2011/04/theory-vs-belief-vs-opinion.html

Theory has a much broader set of meanings, ranging from conjecture and speculation to a coherent, logical group of principals based upon facts.  There lies the problem: theory means everything from a belief to an opinion to a factually supported analysis.

DarkD said:
DonFerrari said:

Wrong

A theory doesn't have to support any weight.  It just has to have something backing it up.  Nothing has to be proven, nothing has to be definite, it just has to be based on something that points in that general direction.  

So exactly where does my theory lack evidence.  I can say I have a theory that this website is going to be shutdown tomorrow.  Which I don't, but there are slight amounts of evidence that could be used to formulate a theory.  Opinion would be "this website sucks" or "this website is awesome." 

from http://hiccupingthoughts.blogspot.ca/2011/04/theory-vs-belief-vs-opinion.html

Theory has a much broader set of meanings, ranging from conjecture and speculation to a coherent, logical group of principals based upon facts.  There lies the problem: theory means everything from a belief to an opinion to a factually supported analysis.

I believe that if you have a so loose use of theory than even MisterxMedia can be said as theory and all rumours as well... as long as someone told you that something is true then you are free to put a theory on that and bank it... that don't seem to be very productive, and on that I end this discussion.

But now I have a new punch line.

"Globally in USA" and "A theory can be backed by any evidence, doesn't matter how weak it is" that would lead to ''opinion = theory = fact"

DarkD said:
DonFerrari said:

Wrong

You cited a blog and and a wiki-answer to support you're argument of sematics on what a theory is. Are you sure your qualified for this considering you didn't even know what unsubstantiated or nonsequitor meant?

A theory is not the same as an opinion.

A theory can be disproved, an opinion cannot be.

A theory remains a theory until it can be proven, then it becomes a law.

If a theory is disproven, it is no longer a theory, because its wrong.

However, you refuse to learn anything because you are so blinded in being right that you don't even consider the possibility of being wrong. Just like those who believe the Earth is Flat even after We've gone into space 100s of times. Wise people learn from others and from there mistakes. The very fact that you've been responded to so many times would make a more reasonable person at the very least consider that they made a mistake somewhere.

But you seem to beleive your perfect immutable sound in reasoning protected by your so called theories, while we are basically laughing at you at this point, because we've already explained multiple times your mistakes. Caring about being right is childish, it doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what IS.

Its seriously pathetic, how doggedly you assert your ignorance purely reacting to criticism rather than understanding it and strengthening your own mental capabilities.

The sad thing is, you probably won't understand most of this and you'll attempt to dismiss it some stupid way like claiming I'm misunderstanding or something. I understand perfectly, there is nothing new about what your doing, I've encountered many silly assertions before you and I will undoubtedly happen upon it again,

You are the one who is misunderstanding.

Its your choice, dwell in ignorance, or be enlightened. Surprise me.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DarkD said:
o_O.Q said:

fair enough now how does your post address

"either one of them could reciprocate that investment a lot better than Sony can"

considering that microsoft has a weaker console at the same price and nintendo hasn't really supported the wii u any better than sony or microsoft have supported their consoles in the same timespan ( which feeds into a bigger problem of overall game support since they have failed at garnering third party support )

if nintendo wanted more 3rd party support they could buy it as you've pointed out compared to sony they are in a great position financially but obviously that isn't changing anything and the same goes for microsoft from the hardware perspective

edit: "Not just rehashes of old games either, original franchises that pushed the boundaries of their genre (ZombiU, Lego City, Wonderful 101), they also paid for sequels to games which were all but dead (Bayonetta 2)  "

lol what is the point that is being made here? that sony is only funding rehashes of old games? while nintendo is the last source of originality in video games? ZombiU, Lego City, Wonderful 101 pushed the boundaries of their genre? 

lol usually i'd try to address points with counterpoints but at this point i don't really believe you're being serious lol

I don't even think you've read my post.... everything you've stated has been addressed already....  Just because something is argumentative, doesn't mean you've countered the point, it means you should give it a rest and wait and see.  

Yes those games pushed the boundaries of their genres.  Yes I'm sure some indie games have done them as well, however I give credit for taking the risk with a triple A game.  All you have to do is watch a trailer for them, and original gameplay elements are everywhere.  

Have you realised that you haven't yet explained how the investment would be reciprocated better?

Given nintendo's lackluster support and Microsoft's weaker console your point makes no sense