By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 going the wrong direction?

Ah good thread this was. Toastboy threads are the best. I also like how toastboy makes the thread and then barely responds to anything

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Kratos said:
Ah good thread this was. Toastboy threads are the best. I also like how toastboy makes the thread and then barely responds to anything

It's part of a dastardly plot to become the #1 VGC user in terms of points simply by creating threads that generate controversy. Look at his profile and see how many points he has just from replies to his thread. VGC points must be the key to immortality or something else really cool.

*snipped cool aizen picture*

Yes, toastboy is Aizen. We're doomed. :p

Lol he must be got himself imprisoned for more than ten thousands of years got himself internet in his prison cell and became toastboy to get vgpoints like you said!!! It all makes sense now

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DarkD said:
DonFerrari said:
The use of "theory" here is as good as "globally in America". When you say since it is a theory it can't be proved and leave at that you are failling so much it not even funny... If you want to say it is speculation or opinion ok.

But a theory to be accepted as theory it must hold it own weight, provide substance and not be refuted... Gravitacional Theory or any other decent theory is "accepted as truth" until a better theory come to disprove the previous one. So if you want to hold your "conclusions" to the same standards of ''THEORIES" then you better work better. At best your points could be assumptions, and then your conclusions would be "theories", but since your assumptions is either false or weak your theorie is false (your opinion otherwise is ok, since you have a right to have any opinion without being called wrong).

And about Henri English... if you can understand my english (I'm brazilian) I see no reason to not understand his, since even I can. Words you aren't used to see isn't broken english, just more cult.

To entretain the thread, a definion of webster for theory. In none of the items I found the way DarkD use theories. The hard part here weren't to know that you were basing all on opinion and spining the facts to fit, but just that you think your opinion = facts them your conclusions on those opinions = theories... because to do that without you saying would be a fallacy.

Full Definition of THEORY

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
: abstract thought : speculation
: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art
a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory
: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena
a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : conjecture
c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject
See theory defined for English-language learners »
See theory defined for kids »

Wrong

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_theory_and_opinion

A theory is supported by evidence doesn't matter how little, and its a theory.

an opininon can be based solely on gut instinct.  

Opinion example "I hate this thread"

Theory example "because of A B and C; therefor, this."

A theory doesn't have to support any weight.  It just has to have something backing it up.  Nothing has to be proven, nothing has to be definite, it just has to be based on something that points in that general direction.  

So exactly where does my theory lack evidence.  I can say I have a theory that this website is going to be shutdown tomorrow.  Which I don't, but there are slight amounts of evidence that could be used to formulate a theory.  Opinion would be "this website sucks" or "this website is awesome." 

from http://hiccupingthoughts.blogspot.ca/2011/04/theory-vs-belief-vs-opinion.html

Theory has a much broader set of meanings, ranging from conjecture and speculation to a coherent, logical group of principals based upon facts.  There lies the problem: theory means everything from a belief to an opinion to a factually supported analysis.

You cited a blog and and a wiki-answer to support you're argument of sematics on what a theory is. Are you sure your qualified for this considering you didn't even know what unsubstantiated or nonsequitor meant?

A theory is not the same as an opinion.

A theory can be disproved, an opinion cannot be.

A theory remains a theory until it can be proven, then it becomes a law.

If a theory is disproven, it is no longer a theory, because its wrong.

However, you refuse to learn anything because you are so blinded in being right that you don't even consider the possibility of being wrong. Just like those who believe the Earth is Flat even after We've gone into space 100s of times. Wise people learn from others and from there mistakes. The very fact that you've been responded to so many times would make a more reasonable person at the very least consider that they made a mistake somewhere.

But you seem to beleive your perfect immutable sound in reasoning protected by your so called theories, while we are basically laughing at you at this point, because we've already explained multiple times your mistakes. Caring about being right is childish, it doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what IS.

Its seriously pathetic, how doggedly you assert your ignorance purely reacting to criticism rather than understanding it and strengthening your own mental capabilities.

The sad thing is, you probably won't understand most of this and you'll attempt to dismiss it some stupid way like claiming I'm misunderstanding or something. I understand perfectly, there is nothing new about what your doing, I've encountered many silly assertions before you and I will undoubtedly happen upon it again,

You are the one who is misunderstanding.

Its your choice, dwell in ignorance, or be enlightened. Surprise me.

The best part is that I gave him the Merriam-Webster definition of the word (which contained the definition he wanted to use), but he preffered to go wikipedia and a blog instead... since that would back up his theory, them we can imagine how he decides on evidence as sustainement for his theories...

And I hate people that try to disprove something by the lack of english domain of others (funnier when the person actually have a better understanding of the language than the detractor)... as if lack of full knowledge of a language make logic void... and the person fail to see that lack of reason make logic void. Fallacious evidence using to make a theory invalid a real theory in itself.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shadow1980 said:
Kratos said:

It's part of a dastardly plot to become the #1 VGC user in terms of points simply by creating threads that generate controversy. Look at his profile and see how many points he has just from replies to his thread. VGC points must be the key to immortality or something else really cool.

*Superman Aizen*

Yes, toastboy is Aizen. We're doomed. :p

TheDrill is actually Tite Kubo

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The amount of threads about people wrong about Ps4 are endless.

Around the Network

there is only One Direction.

COLD_COBRA_ said:
The amount of threads about people wrong about Ps4 are endless.

Toastboy is never wrong.

And this thread is only a month old.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Yeah, no. Not even close. If anything, Sony has done everything right in recent weeks.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank