By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo series will live longer: Mario or Pokemon?

Tagged games:

Mario or Pika... Pokemon?

Marioooo! 107 54.87%

Pika Pika! (Pokemon) 39 20.00%

those answers were cheesy (abstains to vote) 18 9.23%

Doesn't care 3 1.54%

See results 28 14.36%

Total:195

Pokémon.

Around the Network

Both are here to stay, but I guess I have to go with Mario!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

t3mporary_126 said:

or 

Here are three brief pros for each series.

Mario:

1. Is associated with Nintendo which has been making games for over 30 years.

2. Has a variety of high quality games not exclusive to platforming or consoles and maybe the reason why people buy Nintendo consoles in the first place.

3. Appeals to almost every demographic either as kiddy or a classic, retro gaming figure.

Pokemon:

1. Every main generation (excluding the third version and remakes) sell over 10 million over the past 15+ years

2. Has more merchandising power with amusement parks, movies, card games, and television shows.

3. Probably appeals more to children than Mario.

So which one do you think will live longer? I'm sure we'll see these two franchises being relevant in pop culture for a long time, but for how long?

You're forgetting something. Pokemon doesn't sell home consoles. It only pushes handhelds. Mario pushes both. So really, by default, Mario wins.

Mario... heck, technically... hes already lasted longer

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Both won't disappear for a long time, but if there is Nintendo, there will also be Mario.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

both franchises are here to stay as long as there is an gaming industry.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

melbye said:
Neither will ever die

/thread

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

I'd say neither, they would both go on till the end of time. I mean, come on... its mario and pokemon we're talking about.

but If I'd had to choose id say Mario. Mario is in almost every single genre, so if one mario game fails, then they have another type of mario game. pokemon doesn't have as many succesful spinoffs as mario, nowhere near close.

Mario is Nintendo.

Both need a break.