By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Destiny overhyped like Titanfall??

Ka-pi96 said:
BenVTrigger said:
If only I could show you guys what I've shown certain other people on this site.....

Its gonna be BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG

Hmm, it being big though doesn't mean it's all that good. Plenty of games have got sales much higher than they deserved, from what's been shown so far this may well be one of them then.

Theres no such thing as selling more than it should.

The mass market speaks, not enthusiasts. A product sells what it sells and it is the mass market that decides whether a game flops or not.

Around the Network

It is overhyped, but it's not quite as overhyped as Titanfall if you ask me..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BenVTrigger said:
If only I could show you guys what I've shown certain other people on this site.....

Its gonna be BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG

Yeah, it really will be massive. Can't understand why people think it'll be overhyped...the beta certainly didn't suggest that.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

titanfall hasnt had shit for content besides 3 maps, i see destiny having much more. all games need hype, just bc your not a fan of that type or series doesnt mean its overhyped.

I am looking forward to destiny! day 1.

It will be a huge game, yes it is overhyped but it is the big release of this year, why wouldn't it be?

Compared to Titanfall though, that was a game trying to claw something from the MS consoles but from what I've heard from people just lacks content (MP only for full price?).

Destiny is a basically an MMO with a competitive MP attached with enough content to warrant it's value. I wish it luck, just hope the online only for single players games thing doesn't become the norm after.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Well it seems to be more deserving of the hype if you compare it to Titanfall. However gamers just like to overhype everything these days. No matter what game gets announced. The "average" gamer is not a bright one

Ka-pi96 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Hmm, it being big though doesn't mean it's all that good. Plenty of games have got sales much higher than they deserved, from what's been shown so far this may well be one of them then.

Theres no such thing as selling more than it should.

The mass market speaks, not enthusiasts. A product sells what it sells and it is the mass market that decides whether a game flops or not.

Isn't there? A game sells largely on hype so if a game sells a huge amount but isn't really any better than other games that sell much less is that not pretty much the definition of overhyped?

Also, a game could sell a lot of copies but not satisfy all of them. If it gets a huge number of sales but withing a few months a lot of those players have moved on to something else couldn't that also be described as selling more than it perhaps should have?

Or if it sells a lot on hype(and/or name brand) and turns out to be shit?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I have to say yes. It is a great game but the PvP is boring, imo. If I buy it, it won't be until it is out for awhile.  I am much more excited about DooM, Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive.

From the beta impressions i can say yes.. I feel like it deserves no more than 4-5 million total sales.. And no way is gonna achieve activisions ridiculous estimate

Chasesdaddy84 said:
I've noticed a trend... Most everyone who says it seems like a legit game has played the beta/alpha or are currently in it. I just started it yesterday and I'm not saying it's a day 1 for me, but it's doing a damn good job of convincing me it is.

Then I've noticed nearly everyone who says "oh its WAY over hyped, looks lame, so on and so on" then I look at their Avatar and it's a big Mario Kart avatar or something similar to that... Hm... How much of the beta/alpha have these people played? My guess is little to none..

In the end it's all subjective. It's all our opinions and that's okay. Some will like it for what it is, some will hate it for what it is. and that's okay. Play what you enjoy and let others play what they enjoy.

I'd say that a lot of the people (especially on this site) that own a Wii U also own another console, so trying to say that Nintendo people are the haters is most likely wrong. I have a Wii U, but I loved Destiny and I can't wait to get it when it comes out. People that buy the Wii U know they aren't going to get third party games. We buy it for the great exclusives that it has to offer. We aren't jealous of a 3rd party game that's not coming out on the Wii U because we never expected it to be on the Wii U. That's why a lot of Wii U owners also have another console.

My point is, lots of people are loving this game and lots of people are hatin' on it, but please don't try to generalize who is hatin' on the game, because you and I both know damn well that it's not just Nintendo people.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.