By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Destiny overhyped like Titanfall??

FiliusDei said:
For me it is a good game because of the exploration and coop but that's it. Not game of the year imo. The PvP is horrible, unbalanced and feels outdated.

Especially Vehicles, Vehicles are horribly OP.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Titanfall had way too much hype because of performance issues and lack of initial content. In addition, it gets repetitive and is better for short bursts than prolonged play. Destiny, on the other hand, is rich in content and we have only been given the beta. Thanks to the "open-worldness" of Destiny, it is not a "wash, rinse, repeat" experience.

LudicrousSpeed said:
What is it about Destiny that makes Playstation enthusiasts believe you must have ulterior motives to have a negative impression of the game. As if it's so good it is beyond honest criticism or something lol. Talking about posts like the one above and many more like it, or that thread.

That's rich coming from someone who can't even be honest about the hype his GOTG had. But it was obvious a response by you was going to be like this. 

Both games are clearly hyped like crazy. But Titanfall was way more hyped than Destiny currently is. It was hyped as the second coming.

"Have you seen Titanfall?"

"Believe the hype!!!"

"GOTG!" (Even though the gen hadn't even started yet.)

And so on...

Chasesdaddy84 said:
I've noticed a trend... Most everyone who says it seems like a legit game has played the beta/alpha or are currently in it. I just started it yesterday and I'm not saying it's a day 1 for me, but it's doing a damn good job of convincing me it is.

Then I've noticed nearly everyone who says "oh its WAY over hyped, looks lame, so on and so on" then I look at their Avatar and it's a big Mario Kart avatar or something similar to that... Hm... How much of the beta/alpha have these people played? My guess is little to none..

In the end it's all subjective. It's all our opinions and that's okay. Some will like it for what it is, some will hate it for what it is. and that's okay. Play what you enjoy and let others play what they enjoy.

It's a similar pattern in other forums. Those who've played the alpha/beta were left with very positive impressions. Not saying everyone who participated in the alpha/beta really liked what Destiny had to offer, but the overall opinion is overwhelmingly positive. It's great the game runs well even though it's only a beta. I can safely say that Destiny will avoid similar situations of Titanfall and Watch Dogs.

Yes, Destiny is overhyped like Titanfall. But it is also more hyped than Titanfall. So that means it will sell better then titanfall, but not as much as the hype would suggest.

Titanfall will probably end up on 4 million hardcopy sales across 3 platforms. Destiny is on 5 platforms so on equal hype it would sell 5-6 million. But because it's got more hype it should do 10 million.

What it won't do, IMO, is the 20 or 30 or 40 million people are hyping it to get.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Hynad said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
What is it about Destiny that makes Playstation enthusiasts believe you must have ulterior motives to have a negative impression of the game. As if it's so good it is beyond honest criticism or something lol. Talking about posts like the one above and many more like it, or that thread.

That's rich coming from someone who can't even be honest about the hype his GOTG had. ¬_¬

Both games are clearly hyped like crazy. But it's quite obvious Titanfall was was more hyped than Destiny. It was hyped as the second coming.

"Believe the hype!!!"

"GOTG!" Even though it hasn't even started yet.

And so on...

Where was I dishonest about the hype Titanfall had? Titanfall might have had more hate here and in other forums as it was a polarizing topic, but Destiny has had much more hype. As it should, launching on 4 consoles, from Bungie, and the start of a $500,000,000 project by Activision.

You're confusing some peoples unrealistic expectations (aka bububuu "it's the second coming") with hype. Hope that helps.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Where was I dishonest about the hype Titanfall had? Titanfall might have had more hate here and in other forums as it was a polarizing topic, but Destiny has had much more hype. As it should, launching on 4 consoles, from Bungie, and the start of a $500,000,000 project by Activision.

You're confusing some peoples unrealistic expectations (aka bububuu "it's the second coming") with hype. Hope that helps.

Is Destiny being touted as the GOTG?

Hope that helped.

If only I could show you guys what I've shown certain other people on this site.....

Its gonna be BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG

Hynad said:

Is Destiny being touted as the GOTG?

No?

Hope that helped.

So glad I started calling it that, still gets reactions from people.

Anyway, I wasn't aware this was about personal hype, since you seem to be making it personal. In that regard, no, Destiny has never looked all that great to me so my hype progressed accordingly. Thanks, that did help surprisingly.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Hynad said:

That's rich coming from someone who can't even be honest about the hype his GOTG had. ¬_¬

Both games are clearly hyped like crazy. But it's quite obvious Titanfall was was more hyped than Destiny. It was hyped as the second coming.

"Believe the hype!!!"

"GOTG!" Even though it hasn't even started yet.

And so on...

Like..... your GOTG tagline? Yeah.... I don't think Hynad was confused at all. Way to contradict yourself -_-"