By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Destiny overhyped like Titanfall??

Good thread now... amazing how much hate titanfall got and now Destiny is even worse.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Good thread now... amazing how much hate titanfall got and now Destiny is even worse.

One of my favorite things about the Destiny defense force is the "well wait a while there is more content and updates coming!".

A. Seeing paid DLC and expansions being used as an excuse for lack of content is both depressing and funny at the same time.

B. This liberty was not granted to Titanfall in reviews or the hate it received(s) here. Hell Respawn is still adding new content and playlists so apparently we can't pass final judgement yet lol.

oh ok Serious question time, hmm yes a little over hyped, way more than tight anne fall

Just a bit. People were starved for games, which I think is a big factor.

I bought the expansion pass though. I'm quite pleased with Destiny. As I was with titanfall, enough to get all of the achievements. Including dlc.

LudicrousSpeed said:
walsufnir said:

One of my favorite things about the Destiny defense force is the "well wait a while there is more content and updates coming!".

A. Seeing paid DLC and expansions being used as an excuse for lack of content is both depressing and funny at the same time.

B. This liberty was not granted to Titanfall in reviews or the hate it received(s) here. Hell Respawn is still adding new content and playlists so apparently we can't pass final judgement yet lol.

I also loved how besides the initial love for the demo it became "the game seems lacking, short, not much to do, ect"  This followed by the defense force coming and saying "its just a demo, the full game will have so much more"

Turns out it didn't have that much more and have to wait for more content again.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Yes, yes it is. If not even more so.

Yes it is. But the BIG difference between the two is that Destiny got a lot of potential :)
I'm very excited about the future of the game with the different iterations of the strike/raid etc..

But yah, it was really overhyped based on the content we have in game.
We are 28 right now and we are waiting after the raid. It was really quick (3 exotics / all legendaries). Now this is fine as we move forward and Bungie is going to release new events/content. But initial batch was a bit short imo.

Looks I was wrong.. Destiny is more overhyped than Titanfall after all!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---