Gen 2: Atari 2600/Intellivision 1 0.34%

Gen 3: NES/Sega Master System 10 3.40%

Gen 4: Sega Genesis/SNES/TurboGrafx-16 75 25.51%

Gen 5: Nintendo 64/Playstion/Sega Saturn 57 19.39%

Gen 6: Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube 93 31.63%

Gen 7: Xbox 360/PS3/Wii 31 10.54%

Gen 8: Wii U/PS4/Xbox One 21 7.14%

Total:294

1. Go for a Wii U then, all the cartoons you can find.
2. Don't buy it.
3. You just said you don't like realistic games but recent games cannot immerse you enough? Sounds like a you problem, not the industry/games themselves.

Sounds like a whole lot of nostalgia.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:

1. Go for a Wii U then, all the cartoons you can find.
2. Don't buy it.
3. You just said you don't like realistic games but recent games cannot immerse you enough? Sounds like a you problem, not the industry/games themselves.

4. Sounds like a whole lot of nostalgia.

1. most games on Wii U arent... well... that good in my opinion. and there isn't that many games period. Mario Kart 8 is great though, and next Zelda looks great as well. but almost all of them are really not that enjoyable to me personally.

2. it wouldn't feel like I got the whole game. I know Im kinda nitpicking here, but I don't like playing through a game only to have on my mind another part that im missing out on, that I have to pay extra money for in order to play.

3. immersion is not dependant on realism. its good writing, good controls, great atmosphere (music), and a artstyle that ages well. thats what I think helps immersion. Portal is a good example and one of the few games nowadays that actually do things correctly.

4. I started playing on an N64 back in the year 2000, and only played Mario 64 and Mario Kart. I only played retro games somewhat recently with emulators starting about 3 years ago. Ocarina of time is one of my favorite games of all time, and I played it just 2 years ago. so I don't its nostalgia if its so recent.

I definitely sympathize with your frustration with modern gaming. I think the industry has been in steady decline since the start of the seventh generation. It's not just the bad business practices -- online passes, DLC, pay-to-win, etc. -- it's also that many studios are creatively bankrupt.

That being said, I can't turn my back on modern gaming because I would miss too much. Take Mario Kart 8, for example. Had I given up on the eighth gen before it even started, I would have missed one of the best games ever made.

Have things gotten a lot worse since the sixth generation ended? Yes. Are there still amazing games being developed every day despite nine years of decadence? Also yes. My advice is to keep moving forward, and reward the companies and studios who are doing it the right way.

Best of luck, either way.

Welcome to my world this genertion.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Okay. If you want retro, you can start with this:

Around the Network

what do you think about indie games?

Adameh said:
You don't seem like one happy gamer to me

He sounds more like a happydolphin to me.

While I do agree with most of what you say especially the part in which you say that realistic games age badly, I disagree with you in your third point. The problem are not the new games or consoles but you. As one grows older he makes a fine line between past and present. The past seems magical a time when games were amazing. The present is a time riddled with problems were games lack magic. Many go through this phase explains why many gamers collect old consoles to relive that time when games where magical but intact they have grown into adults and changed.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I think one of the reasons that creativity seems to have declined is because the systems have matured so much. In the past, a new generation of consoles meant that developers could do things that were not possible before. Over time, we went from Atari Football with 3 single colored block men on each side to full 3-D graphics. Since the original PlayStation we have had 3-D worlds. Over time they have become more realistic but the game play has not changed much. Now it is hard to tell the difference between a PS3 and PS4 game without looking closely at side by side screen shots. There really isn't a game on the new generation( PS4 and XBox One) that couldn't be done on the previous gen (PS3 and X360). Even the big releases (Destiny, Titanfall, COD Ghosts, Assassins Creed) were released on the PS3 and/or X360. These are essentially the same games but the versions on PS4 and XBOX one have a more detail which really does not really change the experience.

PS2 was the bestestestest.