By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS3 vs Xbox 360 Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

KLXVER said:
The PS3 version is brighter. Did I get it right this time?

Hahaha It is, also blurrier, worse textures, lower resolution, worse shadows...

Around the Network

Well it looks way way better on the 360 than on the PS3...and I am a Sony fan but that is to be expected. Bungie has a lot of history coding for the Xbox and this was their very first time on the PS3 which was also evidently harder to code for last gen. Not to mention all their games have been MS exclusives so they would know way more about the 360's hardware through and through. 

overman1 said:

Well it looks way way better on the 360 than on the PS3...and I am a Sony fan but that is to be expected. Bungie has a lot of history coding for the Xbox and this was their very first time on the PS3 which was also evidently harder to code for last gen. Not to mention all their games have been MS exclusives so they would know way more about the 360's hardware through and through. 

Yeah!  Bungie has so much more experience on 360, also 360 has an extremely powerful combo CPU/GPU, more balanced and friendly to develop for than PS3.

360 version > PS3 version.  And expect on Launch PS4 version > One version too ;) and not by a small margin...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

jlmurph2 said:
kappie1977 said:
on the first two Xbox 360 is really much better, but on the other two the PS3 is better. But the bad thing on the PS3 is it's a bit washed out and the bad thing on the Xbox 360 it's the colors which are too dark.

Really?? That PS3 3rd pic is blurry as hell. No way it looks better.

I agree that overall Xbox 360 pictures are better than the PS3 pictures. But for for picture 3 and 4 I think the colors and  character/building look more natural than in the Xbox360 picture. So I should have said in my first post, in the first 2 pictures clearly Xbox is better and for the 3rd and 4th personally I like the PS3 more eventhough they are also blurry!

walsufnir said:
KLXVER said:
The PS3 version is brighter. Did I get it right this time?

Hahaha It is, also blurrier, worse textures, lower resolution, worse shadows...

I like it though. Getting rid of those pesky details and shadows makes it more vivid. Like Borderlands!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Bungie knows the 360 very well, this is their 1st PS3 game and based on the Digital Foundry report it's a really good effort with v-synced 30fps! It would be interesting to see what performance is like on 360,

For Halo, Bungie adopted a sub-HD 30fps target with very mild screen tear that was hard to notice. This was off course so the frame buffer could fit inside the small but super fast 360 10MB edram.

Yeah, there is a difference, but I wouldn´t read too much into it since it´s just the Beta. Bungie does have extensive experience with the 360 though but I am sure people will love it just as much on PS3, because it still looks great.

That is more than Red Dead Redemption level off differece.

I´ve thought that time was over.

Wow that's a a big difference. I guess the PS3 version will look the worst then.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The PS3 version is straight up cheeks. Good thing I don't have to worry about it. This is Bungie's first PS3 outing though....