By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS3 vs Xbox 360 Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

Nate4Drake said:

360 version > PS3 version.  And expect on Launch PS4 version > One version too ;) and not by a small margin...

I doubt the PS4-Xbone gap will be as dramatic as the PS3-360 gap.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
I'm pretty glad I won't have to deal with inferior multiplats by the time I get the PS4. When you've already committed to the 'inferior' system, I don't think it bothers you so much, it didn't to me all last gen as a PS3 owner. But when I see it in abstract in these comparisons, especially before owning either next gen console, it seems to bother me a whole lot more. It's hard to explain.

I can explain it for you. Since it is Sony, last gen it wasn't a big deal, but now that Sony finally has the more powerful console after 3 tries it is a big deal.

Nate4Drake said:
walsufnir said:

As currently especially the new-gen consoles get media hype and comparisons are made between PS4 and Xbone versions of Destiny, people seem to forget that the game was set to release on PS360 and this can still be seen at how Destiny looks on new-gen hardware.

As PS4 currently seems to have a small edge over Xbone due to beta-resolution of Xbone being rendered at 900p, let's take a look at the two consoles with a way higher install base, PS3 and 360. Which will perform better?

""PS4 currently seems to have a small edge over Xbone due to beta-resolution of Xbone being rendered at 900p ? Are you kidding ?""

Textures look a lot muddier on the Xbox One, there's also the issue of AA and Anisotropic Filtering lacking on the Xbox One.

Colors look more vibrant on the PS4 version and the image quality seems a lot better, OVERALL, on PS4.

PS4's superior hardware and performance is evident, even on a crossplatform game released also for PS360.

Frame rate also appers far more stable in the PS4 version. You will see when the Final Game is released !

I have about 8 hours into the X1 beta and have yet to experience even 1 frame drop and 1 screen tear. The beta build is about as smooth as a game can possibly get. Once it gets the bump to 1080p the differences will be miniscule as long as the performance holds.

curl-6 said:
Nate4Drake said:

360 version > PS3 version.  And expect on Launch PS4 version > One version too ;) and not by a small margin...

It most definitely won't

walsufnir said:
curl-6 said:
Nate4Drake said:

It most definitely won't

May be Bungie will manage to get the PS3 version on par with the 360.

Those screen caputure are way to dramatic. It´s almost as the first 2 or 4 years in the last generation.

But I have the suspection that the 360 was the lead platform for most of Destiny development. Bungie posted jobs for developers with PS3 experience for more than two years.

PS4 and XOne might be up ports and PS3 would be a "down" port, cuz by the end they are all the same game.

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
I'm pretty glad I won't have to deal with inferior multiplats by the time I get the PS4. When you've already committed to the 'inferior' system, I don't think it bothers you so much, it didn't to me all last gen as a PS3 owner. But when I see it in abstract in these comparisons, especially before owning either next gen console, it seems to bother me a whole lot more. It's hard to explain.

I can explain it for you. Since it is Sony, last gen it wasn't a big deal, but now that Sony finally has the more powerful console after 3 tries it is a big deal.

That's funny, but you've completely missed the point. 

jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:
wow. glad I have a PS4 cause the PS3 version looks like crap. PS3 owners may see this it might "force" them to upgrade.

Kinda confirms the "360 owners are more satisfied" theory.

The rather glaring flaw with that theory is the 360 would need to be selling more global software on a consistent basis for it to be true.

They can argue 360 owners have had more life time satisfaction with it, but saying they are more presently satisfied doesn't make sense when the "less satisfied" player base is buying more games

Even in the US the 360's weekly software lead is often pretty small, especially considering the huge install base disparity between them (43.3m vs 26.1m).

Zekkyou said:
jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:
wow. glad I have a PS4 cause the PS3 version looks like crap. PS3 owners may see this it might "force" them to upgrade.

Even in the US the 360's weekly software lead is often pretty small, especially considering the huge install base disparity between them (43.3m vs 26.1m).

Well, system is a year older and some multiplats in the past were advertised as exclusive to Playstation (GTAV, Watch_Dogs).

walsufnir said:
Zekkyou said:

Well, system is a year older and some multiplats in the past were advertised as exclusive to Playstation (GTAV, Watch_Dogs).

Both of those things are of course factors, but it doesn't change the end global result. Like i said, MS can argue 360 owners have been more satisfied across its life span, but it doesn't make much sense to claim it in the present.

If anything, software trends over the last 2 years suggest 360 owners are less satisfied (at present), which makes sense. The 360 is both a year older and has had less new sales in the last few years than the PS3. Both of those contribute to making its averaged player base older.

bigjon said:
jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:

what? I dont own a 360? If I was a MS fan I would have already gotten the XB1. I think alot of 360 owners are getting PS4s to be honest, and if you think about it the 360 did most of its damage to the PS3 in 06-08 when it was like 150 bucks cheaper.

I know anecdote are not always helpful, but I dont know a single PS3 owner who has switch to XB1 this gen, but I know several people who switched from 360 to PS4 (several members of my extented family and some friends)

My point was if I was stilling living in the last gen, and Destiny was a big deal to me I it would push me over the edge.

200k ish 360 pre orders for Destiny. I would say that's some kind of evidence that people are sticking with the Xbox 360 longer than the PS3. Also just looking at my Xbox Live friends list atleast 30 active users are all still frequently playing on a 360 so anecdotal yes, but it is something to consider.