By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS3 vs Xbox 360 Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

walsufnir said:
curl-6 said:
walsufnir said:
Dgc1808 said:
Hehe. PS360 comparison threads. The memories.

Good old days, weren't they? Funny this time it's the other way round :)

Then there was the gen before that, when PS2 was the weakest of the big three and it was "all about the games".

Oh yes! How times change... Nowadays it's all about the eyes, the size of the screen and spec-sheets, repeated over and over and over while most of those who post the "facts" don't know what they are talking about

Nope. This gen is all about games too, but for some reason AA and A don't count because they're not big devs who publish on xbox and instead chose ps4

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
walsufnir said:

Thus the reason PS fans are constantly doing PS4-Xbone comparisons.

Nothing wrong with showing current differences. (assuming the point was that xbox fans are desperately hanging on to last gen dev inequality)

Nothing wrong with showing differences in general.

walsufnir said:
theprof00 said:
walsufnir said:

Nothing wrong with showing current differences. (assuming the point was that xbox fans are desperately hanging on to last gen dev inequality)

Absolutely. I would love to see the snes vs genesis comparisons of this game.

theprof00 said:
walsufnir said:
Oh yes! How times change... Nowadays it's all about the eyes, the size of the screen and spec-sheets, repeated over and over and over while most of those who post the "facts" don't know what they are talking about

Nope. This gen is all about games too, but for some reason AA and A don't count because they're not big devs who publish on xbox and instead chose ps4

Where does this come from? Context to this thread? If it was all about the games, WiiU would lead. Massively. Just with Virtual Console you get a lot of games with immense quality. Don't try to shift AA and A games in this thread - btw, how much of an issue were these games last gen?

This is just a reaction of the stupid "$system has no gaemz!!" and an unwanted one. The majority of people (over 82 million 360) didn't buy a 360 because of Xbox live arcade, they bought it because of the AAA games.

theprof00 said:
walsufnir said:
theprof00 said:

Absolutely. I would love to see the snes vs genesis comparisons of this game.

O <--- you

Thread  ---> X

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
bigjon said:
walsufnir said:
Dgc1808 said:
Hehe. PS360 comparison threads. The memories.

Good old days, weren't they? Funny this time it's the other way round :)

thus the reason the Xbox fans are still doing PS3-360 comparisons

wait, so we should not compare current gen games? Comparing last gen is kinda pointless right now. The comparisons people should care about is this version this gen againt the other console, OR if deciding if it is time to upgrade this gen vrs last gen. Other than that it is a certain fanbase trying to get a "consolation" prize because they cant win the current gen.

If someone is sitting there trying to decide if they should get a PS3 or 360 they are a bit behind the power curve.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
walsufnir said:
bigjon said:

wait, so we should not compare current gen games? Comparing last gen is kinda pointless right now. The comparisons people should care about is this version this gen againt the other console, OR if deciding if it is time to upgrade this gen vrs last gen. Other than that it is a certain fanbase trying to get a "consolation" prize because they cant win the current gen.

If someone is sitting there trying to decide if they should get a PS3 or 360 they are a bit behind the power curve.

*sigh* It's not only always "them" and "us". This is the mistake you have in your way of thinking. The games is released on four platforms, why not compare 360 vs. PS3? A lot of people will play and buy it for the last-gen systems, why not? Don't try to put "fanbase" in this thread, it is not wanted and not needed.

walsufnir said:
bigjon said:
walsufnir said:
bigjon said:

*sigh* It's not only always "them" and "us". This is the mistake you have in your way of thinking. The games is released on four platforms, why not compare 360 vs. PS3? A lot of people will play and buy it for the last-gen systems, why not? Don't try to put "fanbase" in this thread, it is not wanted and not needed.

son, I been fighting the console wars since before you were born.... ok seriously no idea how old you are, you could be my age...

I make very good money these days, but when I was a kid I would defend my SNES, N64, and Gamecube(I only got one console, parents were lower middle class)  to well, to the point I would say stupid shit. lol. (I left being a Nintendo fanboy when they were back on top because frankly I did not like the direction they took with the Wii... the WiiMusic E3 broke me)

I would just saying argue about consoles makes me feel, well Nostalgic. So I say to you, why so serious?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
walsufnir said:
bigjon said:wait, so we should not compare current gen games? Comparing last gen is kinda pointless right now. The comparisons people should care about is this version this gen againt the other console, OR if deciding if it is time to upgrade this gen vrs last gen. Other than that it is a certain fanbase trying to get a "consolation" prize because they cant win the current gen.

son, I been fighting the console wars since before you were born.... ok seriously no idea how old you are, you could be my age...

I make very good money these days, but when I was a kid I would defend my SNES, N64, and Gamecube(I only got one console, parents were lower middle class)  to well, to the point I would say stupid shit. lol. (I left being a Nintendo fanboy when they were back on top because frankly I did not like the direction they took with the Wii... the WiiMusic E3 broke me)

I would just saying argue about consoles makes me feel, well Nostalgic. So I say to you, why so serious?

It is not about being serious, it is unwanted to derail the thread. The topic is quite clear, isn't it? And what does it have to do with age? Btw, I am not your "son" and I didn't lie about my age when I registered here... But how does that add anything to the discussion? Nothing, right.

And yes, defending a *product* _is_ childish.

they both look like ass, but all but the last screenshots are taken at different times if the day where lighting and shadows are completely different, the only one taken at the same time of day is the last one, where the differences are much much smaller, with the ps3 having advantages in some areas and 360 having advantages in others.

(panel detailing of the wall in the distance is clearer on ps4, native resolution looks slightly higher on 360.

While the initial animated gif is the same lighting (interior) and does show the shadows are superior on the 360, it's also painfully obvious that the other differences (texture blur) is down to the 360 version being a direct capture while the ps3 version is not (even ui elements are blurred), the ui is blurred on all of the images except for the very last one, so it's clearly down to how they were captured, thus the blurryness is not through fault of the console itself.

compare the rest of the screenshots at the same time of day or youre just wasting your time.

Ultimately however what you're underlining here is that the PlayStation 4 version has made the biggest jump graphically, while the difference between xbox 360 and xbox one is much smaller.