By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Beta PS3 vs Xbox 360 Screenshot Comparison: Many Similarities, Quite a Few Differences

on the first two Xbox 360 is really much better, but on the other two the PS3 is better. But the bad thing on the PS3 is it's a bit washed out and the bad thing on the Xbox 360 it's the colors which are too dark.

Around the Network
kappie1977 said:
on the first two Xbox 360 is really much better, but on the other two the PS3 is better. But the bad thing on the PS3 is it's a bit washed out and the bad thing on the Xbox 360 it's the colors which are too dark.

Really?? That PS3 3rd pic is blurry as hell. No way it looks better.

walsufnir said:
jlmurph2 said:
That's what I call a big difference.

Quite, yes. PS3 version seems to be the worst, with a distance. Of course Bungie has more experience with 360 but I would have guessed that Sony had put a lot of effort to make the dev-tools ripen but looking at Destiny it seems Cell programming is still an issue for devs.

#lazydevs ...

Well for Bungie this is pretty much like the situation 3rd parties were facing back in 2007. So when you really think about it it's not surprising that they've really struggled to make the game come close to 360 quality on the PS3. They might have better tools than were available back then, but experience with a unique architecture is worth a lot, and they have none. Not that Sony will care too much. If anything this will encourage PS3 owners to jump to PS4.

I think Sony would be spewing, and so would Sony fans, if PS360 was still current gen with this being Bungie's first foray into multiplatform territory (late ports of Halo to PC not withstanding). Now PS360 are old news.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm pretty glad I won't have to deal with inferior multiplats by the time I get the PS4. When you've already committed to the 'inferior' system, I don't think it bothers you so much, it didn't to me all last gen as a PS3 owner. But when I see it in abstract in these comparisons, especially before owning either next gen console, it seems to bother me a whole lot more. It's hard to explain.

Mr Puggsly said:
maverick40 said:
So get the PS4 version.

Honestly, Destiny isn't a great reason to upgrade yet. The 7th gen versions still look pretty good and feel the same.

Well I assume the community will be bigger on the Xbox One and PS4, and obviously graphical fidelity and frame rate will be better. Other than that it's pretty much the same game on PS3 as it is on PS4.

But I'm gonna completely ignore what your saying and what I'm saying and buy the Ps4 Destiny Bundle anyway!

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:

Well I assume the community will be bigger on the Xbox One and PS4, and obviously graphical fidelity and frame rate will be better. Other than that it's pretty much the same game on PS3 as it is on PS4.

But I'm gonna completely ignore what your saying and what I'm saying and buy the Ps4 Destiny Bundle anyway!

I'm pretty certain Destiny is gonna have a bigger community on X1 and PS4. Most people excited about this game are probably the same people that have or will upgrade.

The concensus was Watch Dogs would be bigger on 7th gen. But people that upgraded were clearly more excited. If CoD:AW performs better on 8th gen over 7th gen, now that would be surprising.

I'll assume you're more excited about the white PS4 than Destiny.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Holy crap, there's no last-gen parity at all, lol.

The 360 version looks really impressive for a multiplat release. Well, Bungie really knows the 360 hardware.

walsufnir said:

As currently especially the new-gen consoles get media hype and comparisons are made between PS4 and Xbone versions of Destiny, people seem to forget that the game was set to release on PS360 and this can still be seen at how Destiny looks on new-gen hardware.

As PS4 currently seems to have a small edge over Xbone due to beta-resolution of Xbone being rendered at 900p, let's take a look at the two consoles with a way higher install base, PS3 and 360. Which will perform better?

""PS4 currently seems to have a small edge over Xbone due to beta-resolution of Xbone being rendered at 900p ? Are you kidding ?""

Textures look a lot muddier on the Xbox One, there's also the issue of AA and Anisotropic Filtering lacking on the Xbox One.

Colors look more vibrant on the PS4 version and the image quality seems a lot better, OVERALL, on PS4.

PS4's superior hardware and performance is evident, even on a crossplatform game released also for PS360.

Frame rate also appers far more stable in the PS4 version. You will see when the Final Game is released !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
walsufnir said:

As currently especially the new-gen consoles get media hype and comparisons are made between PS4 and Xbone versions of Destiny, people seem to forget that the game was set to release on PS360 and this can still be seen at how Destiny looks on new-gen hardware.

As PS4 currently seems to have a small edge over Xbone due to beta-resolution of Xbone being rendered at 900p, let's take a look at the two consoles with a way higher install base, PS3 and 360. Which will perform better?

""PS4 currently seems to have a small edge over Xbone due to beta-resolution of Xbone being rendered at 900p ? Are you kidding ?""

Textures look a lot muddier on the Xbox One, there's also the issue of AA and Anisotropic Filtering lacking on the Xbox One.

Colors look more vibrant on the PS4 version and the image quality seems a lot better, OVERALL, on PS4.

PS4's superior hardware and performance is evident, even on a crossplatform game released also for PS360.

Frame rate also appers far more stable in the PS4 version. You will see when the Final Game is released !

Oh, we have a fish at our fishing rod! Defense! *clap clap clap* Defense! *clap clap clap*

Sorry, I currently believe people who played both. Performance seems to be solid on both and everything looks worse currently especially because of the resolution difference. Well, we will see. But use other threads to let people know PS4 has superior hardware, we all know this already.

The PS3 version is brighter. Did I get it right this time?