By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q4 FY2014 Earnings: 1.1m Xbox One + 360 shipped, $4.61 billion profit (down 7.1% from year earlier), Xbox revenue up 14% to $104m

BenVTrigger said:
sully1311 said:
This is an example from GAF:

"Aren't the numbers shipped? So they could have shipped zero Xb1s for the whole quarter? Seems unlikely though?"

They do know they released a new SKU in this quarter right?

Holy shit theres people that think MS shipped 1.1 million Xbox 360s?!

It's too funny Ben.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I've been telling them on and off for months now that they're wrong with most of their sales figures ... but then they ask me how I know. Even though I reiterate over and over that the numbers I'm providing come from the forum here, as soon as I mention VGC they instantly dismiss them. Then I have to risk a ban by pointing out once again that people on here are pretty savvy and tend to come to better conclusions.

Some people had the XB1 at 5m sold, which is why they're reacting as they are now.

Funny story. Sounds like gaf really hate us though

That's because ioi exposed NeoGAF's stupid ass time and time again back in the day..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GribbleGrunger said:
BenVTrigger said:

Yeah honestly I dont think many people on GAF have any idea how good some of the sales discussion on here can be. Chartz numbers are off sometimes so the whole forum gets a bad stigma but in terms of understanding the business side of the industry we are far ahead of them.

Well, I've just risked a ban because I really don't like the way they assume people here are sheep:

If only some of you guys would visit the forum at a certain banned site, instead of thinking of the site as a whole, you wouldn't be surprised by this news at all. Forget the main site, the guys over there are pretty savvy when it comes to reality.

These numbers don't surprise me at all.

And before I get the usual reply: FORUM, not, SITE.

That's the thing, Gaf really doesn't seem to grasp that vgchartz numbers are estimates and that the members on vgchartz know this and thus also treat those numbers as estimates. This forum has a much better grasp on what is going on saleswise in the gaming industry then probably every other gaming forum you could find on the net and that's why I like it here.

People on Neogaf can be floored just by searching for some old NPD data and then reaching the conclusion that *gasp* X has never sold as little in Y as it did this year, while on here you would probably get nothing but "oh, that's interesting" for that.

But hey peeps on Gaf, keep feeling superior because this site is not always 100% correct.

I'm just waiting for the investor slides to make the OP look nicer.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Euphoria14 said:
DD_Bwest said:
BenVTrigger said:
But anyways while the Xbox number is certainly lower than Im sure MS was hoping its not surprising really given current sales patterns.

has the new sku kind of set a new baseline of attraction?  or is it starting to trail off to the numbers before june?

i remember you said they were pretty close in june and it was a decent fight, but its been a while now

He said they were close back when the new SKU just released. The sales dropped off a cliff afterwards.

its hard to say it was really a cliff.   the ps4 had a week in  june before the launch, and it was about 70k difference over 5 weeks.  the new sku certainly grabbed some attention,  but its also been over a month since then, and we are past mid july.   just figured it would be interesting if we could get on update on what he has seen.

edit:  id also like to hear about the destiny bundle.  on online retailers its doing awesome, would be curious to see how its doing at a retail level.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Last 5 Years, same Quarter, with just the 360 -

08/09 - 1.2
09/10 - 1.5
10/11 - 1.7
11/12 - 1.1
12/13 - 1.0

1.1 Million combined isnt exactly good...

Damn...that's not great at all.

Overshipping maybe?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Guys guys guys.

GAF has good people. They have some damn good people when it comes to talking sales and that shouldnt be just mocked and lumped in with the people who are clueless when it comes to sales. We have it the same here, with people who know a whole lot and people who know very little.

Dont turn this thread into a shit flinging contest. Keep it on topic.

DD_Bwest said

its hard to say it was really a cliff.   the ps4 had a week in  june before the launch, and it was about 70k difference over 5 weeks.  the new sku certainly grabbed some attention,  but its also been over a month since then, and we are past mid july.   just figured it would be interesting if we could get on update on what he has seen.

edit:  id also like to hear about the destiny bundle.  on online retailers its doing awesome, would be curious to see how its doing at a retail level.

Unfortunatly I dont comment much on non official statements anymore do to the stress that comes with the territory.

For example I heard a rumor of a major Wii U title being delayed but Im not going to comment on it due to certain posters waiting for anything I say to be wrong and then attack me over it.

Carl2291 said:

Not worth it, dont go getting yourself banned on another site just to defend this one. The history between VGC and GAF is long and it wont ever change (on both sides) for numerous reasons, thats just the way it is.

LOL. I think it may be too late. I've already got Aquamarine accusing me of having an aggenda, even though I was as specific as I possibly could be.

The PS5 Exists. 

Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:

Last 5 Years, same Quarter, with just the 360 -

08/09 - 1.2
09/10 - 1.5
10/11 - 1.7
11/12 - 1.1
12/13 - 1.0

1.1 Million combined isnt exactly good...

Damn...that's not great at all.

Overshipping maybe?

Yeah its been overshipped since the beginning of the year. Everyone has just been sitting on stock.